Hamilton Accies v Norwich City ?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Hamilton Accies v Norwich City ?

Postby KIO » Thu May 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Guys, Norwich fan in peace.

When Alex Neil was appointed as City boss I must admit that I was one of those that said; “Alex Who?” The wee man has been a revelation, what he has managed to achieve in his short time with us so far beggars belief really. It’s always a bitter pill to swallow when your manager leaves for pastures new after bringing success to your club, but please don’t bear a grudge or feel any animosity towards our club for ‘poaching’ your manager City fans of my generation know exactly how you feel it’s happened to us on more than one occasion. When John Bond left us for Man Citeh in the 70s I was a young teenager and was gutted, when Mike Walker left us for Everton in the early 90s after guiding us to two top half Premier League finishes (one of which was third place!) gutted again and when Paul Lambert seemed to fall out of love with us and jumped ship for Villa most were angry more than sad. Basically it’s all part of the football food chain if you like and we as Canaries fans are under no illusion that not ‘if’ but ‘when’ AN proves successful with us he will leave for an even bigger club.
Rest assured Alex Neil has moved to a proper football club with proper fans (we don’t do plastics) who care passionately about their team just as I’m sure Accies fans do. If you were to walk around the City of Norwich you won’t find many kids sporting Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool shirts, they’re brought up with green and yellow blood flowing through their veins. To outsiders East Anglia isn’t seen as a ‘hot bed’ of football but I can assure you fans from both Norwich and that lot down the A140 are just as passionate as any.

Anyway, there is a strong rumour round these parts that there is to be a friendly between our clubs pre-season and hopefully City fans will be made welcome at your place because even in friendlies the yellow army travel in large numbers. Also, now that we have regained our Premier League status I would imagine Alex Neil will want to loan out several younger players for game time and I would like to think the Accies would be offered one or two. Conor McGrandles, Tony Andreu, Josh and Jacob Murphy, Jamar Loza we’ve got some great talent coming through.

In conclusion I hope that this post hasn’t come across as patronising in any way as it certainly isn’t meant to be. If any of you would like to pop over and chat on the NCFC forum that I use regularly I know that you’d be made most welcome, there’s some great guys here:

http://www.not606.com/forums/norwich-city.48/

OTBC ….. CTID ….. IAWT
KIO
Pub League

Re: Hamilton Accies v Norwich City ?

Postby accie » Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Im sure that during one of his initial interviews Alex alluded to the fact that there would be a friendly between the clubs this summer as part of the deal. He has sine made reference to sending promising young talent up here to gain experience. Would be interesting to know who Norwich fans rate amongst there youths. We know of McGrandles and have heard good things about the Murphys, are there any other starlets in the making.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby KIO » Thu May 28, 2015 4:39 pm

The ones I personally rate are Cameron McGeehan who has already had successfull loan spells with Luton Town and Cambridge United, Carlton Morris and Harry Toffolo. You can read about them here:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ ... 72197.aspx
KIO
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:44 pm

I wanted a friendly down there as I'd imagine it'd be a great trip, especially with the love-in between the 2 sides of late but it's been stated that a "pre-season" friendly isn't going to happen.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Where was that said mate ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby ThaiCanary » Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

accie wrote:Im sure that during one of his initial interviews Alex alluded to the fact that there would be a friendly between the clubs this summer as part of the deal. He has sine made reference to sending promising young talent up here to gain experience. Would be interesting to know who Norwich fans rate amongst there youths. We know of McGrandles and have heard good things about the Murphys, are there any other starlets in the making.

If you get one or more of the Murphy's on board (presumably on loan), I would imagine he would be quite a catch for Accies. Of the two, I would say Josh is better of them but then I have not seen so much of his brother. He has played a few cameo roles this season and has been really good. I would like to have seen him get more game time this season but I guess the promotion push took precedence over bringing in 'new blood'.

<Waves to KIO>
ThaiCanary
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:15 pm

glasgow accie wrote:Where was that said mate ?

Accies' Twitter told a Norwich fan that "there won't be any pre-season friendly. During season is possible."
accies1874
Premiership

Postby KIO » Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm

There's currently an Accies thread on our board lads

http://www.not606.com/threads/hamilton- ... us.302244/

<waves to Thai> :D
KIO
Pub League

Postby AmanAccie » Thu May 28, 2015 6:24 pm

The Murphy twins and Andreu please!
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby KIO » Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 pm

accies1874 wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:Where was that said mate ?

Accies' Twitter told a Norwich fan that "there won't be any pre-season friendly. During season is possible."

Well if that's true it's a crying shame mate :cry:
KIO
Pub League

Return to The Accies