Accies v ICT Challenge Cup

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v ICT Challenge Cup

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:26 pm

I know the dust hadn’t settled on Saturday but ICT have come out and told their fans to think twice about attending Saturday coming as injuries mean they will be fielding a mostly under 18 team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63858596

Will we reciprocate? probably. Nothing gets an Accies Director more excited than reading that we had least 124 academy graduates on the pitch.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v ICT Challenge Cup

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:01 pm

After the latest drubbing last Saturday, I'm like many others and expect to give this game a miss.

Santa still has to bring the heated gillet and a thirty mile round trip, plus cash to get in and watch yufs, compared to a probable Spain v Portugal derby at 3pm on Saturday in the comfort of my own house, is just a no-brainer

Mind you, there's nothing on the Club's Official site to suggest that this game exists. it does tell me in big print

Cinch Championship
Cove Rangers vs ACCIES
Saturday 3rd September - 15:00

How very informative!!

Surprised? Not in the slightest!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Is anyone else thinking that administration beckons for this absolute shambles of a club?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:49 pm

by Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:44 pm

Is anyone else thinking that administration beckons for this absolute shambles of a club?

Well if not this season I would think we will be lucky to survive the following season

Lets be honest here, we are going down this year, no question. Our already dismal fanbase will shrink even further. That is no reflection on the guys that go every week, I salute you all. But there will come a time when even die hards will say, feck this for a game of soldiers

Once in league 1, no player in their right mind would come to the club, and it going to be yuf all over the team, meaning we will be in wilderness for years, if we survive that long, with a fanbase maybe 400/500
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:14 pm

Good move by the club to reduce prices from £15 & £5 to just £3 across the board. I would 've made a distinction between the waged and pensioners, say £6 & £3 but we can't really complain. I hate what this competition has become but I may go now, despite the predicted 1°C temperatures and the WC on the telly.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:28 pm

Were you one of the reported 488 crowd Stevie?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm

So De Bolle does actually exist, played for around 70 minuutes. Looking at team line ups think both played pretty much reseve or fringe players. Who cares 2-0 will take any win at this stage of season
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:27 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Were you one of the reported 488 crowd Stevie?

No, my contempt for this cup won the day. Spent a cosy day inside cheering on Morocco! At least Linfield are out so a normal Scottish side will now win the cup. Good to see so many of the young lads get game time and of course young Lucas. Hopefully we'll see him again on Saturday and hopefully Inverness will again struggle to put out a recognisable side!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:35 pm

The very low attendance confirms even die hard fans saw no benefit in attending even at £3. Are board members concerned? Unlikely
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:23 pm

To be fair Accies reserves v ICT u18s , in a Mickey Mouse cup on a freezing afternoon with a World Cup quarter final on tv was never going to get a good crowd.
Gav
Championship

Return to The Accies