January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

January transfer window

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:18 pm

The January window is only a few weeks away, 1st January to midnight on the 31st. Will we be active? We certainly need to be. Every year there has always been some money set aside in the playing budget for reinforcements in January. You wouldn’t expect this season to be any different. And according to this article Stan has been promised money.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... r-25582451

But if your serious about selling do you invest in the squad significantly or spend just enough to make sure that the team survive in the championship, or do you say sod it not wasting any more money.

Then there is the Jamie Hamilton conundrum. Currently he has not renewed his contract so will be free to sign pre contract come January. Why wouldn’t he if a much bigger club come calling assuming his recent health scare has been found not to be anything significant. If someone comes in with such an offer do the club try and get a transfer fee and release him in January? Otherwise all they will get is a development fee similar to Ferguson although probably higher because of the number of first team games. And if they get money for him do they reinvest in the squad or take the money and run?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: January transfer window

Postby Gav » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:10 pm

Like every transfer window for Accies fans it will be a disappointment.
Gav
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:29 pm

^^^THIS^^^
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 pm

Loss of SLC Rental Income of around £200K p.a. Significant drop in gate income after relegation. Increased borrowing to be financed (Covid loan of £1.2M over 20 years). Still with 26 listed players @ say £400p.w. each=£10400 per week to fund. Lack of visible evidence of any sponsorship monies in accounts. Existing bank borrowing to service. Hamilton's value decreased since found to be injury prone?

Where will any funds to sign new players come from?

Answer ???
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:21 pm

I would literally not trust Taylor to spend a penny. He has made an arse of everything he has touched since he arrived. He says that the players need help. They are certainly not getting any from him. He is repeatedly picking the wrong team, with the wrong tactics with wrong guidance from the touch line. His post match comments continue to bear no relation to what the supporters who are left have just witnessed.
What is required is to get the strongest 11 MEN on the park, give them a game plan that is within their ability levels and motivate them to start winning matches (especially at NDP).
Although our squad is not great I genuinely don’t believe it is in the weakest 2 or 3 in the league in terms of ability.
When some on this board predicted relegation at the start of the season, I thought it was scaremongering, but unfortunately I now agree as we are being mismanaged towards League 1 and beyond.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:47 pm

The club wages are a good bit higher than the figure of £400 per week quoted above. The last figures I have are for last season and the typical wage then was around £800 per week. Ok we have dropped a division, but I would still expect some to be on around £600+ per week

Got to agree with Dr Slippy, I would not trust Taylor with any funds. Most things he has done so far have been crap, his after match analysis is confusing to say the least. Players played out of position, strange team selections and we never seem to learn from mistakes.How many goals have we now lost in last 5 minutes or so of a game

We are in freefall down to league 1, so why would anyone sign for us. Worst supported team in league by far, so not exactly a lot going for us

McGowan not interested in football side of things, its all his pet projects and bring through youths. Wee boys who are just not ready for this level of football yet and dont have experience to get us out of the freefall we are in. Would be surprised if we spend anything.

As for Jamie Hamilton, good luck to the lad and if he wants to progress he needs to move on
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:31 pm

Steven Lawless was released by Motherwell in October , don't think he's signed for anyone , surely worth a punt?
Paul Caddis is also a free agent since getting released by Swindon and he's an experienced right back , obviously he's been down South for a few years but with his brothers still up here he mybe tempted , if the club in interested.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Interview with John Rankin re transfer targets. He seems to be talking about targets across this window and the summer so it’s a guessing game as to how active we might be in January.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... n-25645281

In terms of recruitment I’m thinking we need at least half a dozen not all of them necessarily to be automatic starters. We have lost a few peripheral first team players in recent months e.g Stanger CB and Scully GK as well as positions still needing strengthening e.g. a striker. We need another goalie as Fulton seems to be made of glass. Back from his latest injury he’s gone off again with appendicitis. I would like to see a right back as Mathieson isn’t working, an additional centre back as I reckon Jamie Hamilton could be off. In midfield Scotty Martin is an aggressive battler but creative he isn’t and Hughes has had all the chances he needs to show he’s worth. He’s 22 and should be told to seek another club. We need a real attacking midfielder in the mould of Alex Neil. And up front unless they think Winter is the answer a striker. Aside from whatever was in the budget for January getting Temps off the books will have freed up a fair chunk. As he retired through injury am I right in thinking the insurance will have paid out both him and the club?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:24 pm

I get confused. Every time a sponsor/new stadium tenant/advertiser is announced or a community initiative is held, we are told that every penny is going directly to the Accies Community Trust. Now Mcgoofey tell us it’s paying for the first team transfer budget. Personally I’d feeled conned if my money for charity was getting spent on the first team. You couldn’t make it up well actually he does as he goes along. :roll: :roll:

Ps Is that an Armani polo shirt he’s wearing? Charity work pays well doesn’t it
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:04 pm

And here was me thinking you were smarter than that, TT! Believing what you hear from a Disney make sense personna?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Never knew we had a head of recruitment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... f-25800123
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:43 pm

And we are off and running. Given the League of Ireland only finished up in October he should be ready to hit the ground running. I’m assuming Hamilton may be off or Eastie is likely to be more injured than not.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/dans-the-man-for-accies/

And his career to date

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_O% ... footballer)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:51 pm

From the BBC gossip page

Hibernian midfielder Alex Gogic has been told he is free to find a new club, with St Mirren and Ross County credited with an interest in the former Hamilton man.

Really surprised as he seemed a regular under Jack Ross. Splash the cash Accies and get him in even if it’s only till the end of the season.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby cdisaaccie » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:38 pm

We should bite Hibs' hand off to get Gogic in on loan until the end of the season if we can get him.
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 pm

And the next one. A 19 year old midfielder yet to make an appearance for Boreham Wood. Whatever it takes ;)

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... -an-accie/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:52 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:And the next one. A 19 year old midfielder yet to make an appearance for Boreham Wood. Whatever it takes ;)

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... -an-accie/

He has been with us for 2 or 3 weeks so must have shown something to get a deal.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:34 am

We have previously signed prospects from English championship and first division and most of these have not worked. So we now drop down to National League (5th level) for a 19 year old who has not even played for first team.

Surely we do not need any more prospects, Matheson anyone!!! but a few lads with a bit of experience.

Only time will tell
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:53 pm

Surely we do not need any more prospects

Always been the Accies way Smc. Sometimes it pays off e.g. Mickel Miller. Mostly it’s a flop e.g. Tunde Owolabi. Although the latter has done well enough with part time Finn Harps to earn himself a move to St Pats in Dublin. At least we are getting some in early which is a change. As u say only time will tell.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:10 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
Surely we do not need any more prospects

Always been the Accies way Smc. Sometimes it pays off e.g. Mickel Miller. Mostly it’s a flop e.g. Tunde Owolabi. Although the latter has done well enough with part time Finn Harps to earn himself a move to St Pats in Dublin. At least we are getting some in early which is a change. As u say only time will tell.

At any Board/Fan meets they have never denied a scatter gun approach by trying out a number of unknowns for minimal outlay, in the hope that at least one of them turns out to be a star with us.

In most cases we don't persevere with youth and inexperience and some of our former 'punts' have done better in later years. Even Luke Matheson with his £1million price tag might become really brilliant in time. He has only just turned 19 and without first team game time might just return to Wolves to go somewhere else for experience.

We still have too many players at that age playing first team football for us, and not nearly enough 25/30 year olds with loads of games under their boots.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:54 am

Jamie Hamilton being linked with Liverpool and virtually every other club in the universe :lol:

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/mich ... astle-keen

If he signs a pre contract all we would get would be a development fee probably roundabout the same as Ferguson circa £250,000. If they want him now I would imagine about the same as Stephen Hendrie circa 350/400k. On the other hand it could all be agents or Accies talking him up to try and get a bid.

Update

When asked about this Stan described it as “pub chat” :D

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... r-25921706
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies