Auchinleck Talbot v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Auchinleck Talbot v Accies

Postby Gilbaldo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:24 pm

This is our Scottish Cup tie.
Another new ground, but potential banana skin!
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Re: Auchinleck Talbot v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Looking forward to visiting a completely new ground. Much rather play them than get drawn against another Championship side even if Talbot are the favourites :D
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:05 pm

Instant impulse reaction - We're going out!

Hope to be proved wrong.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:44 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Looking forward to visiting a completely new ground. Much rather play them than get drawn against another Championship side even if Talbot are the favourites :D

Not a completely new ground for many of the older supporters, as Auchinleck’s Main Stand is actually our old extension to the Main Stand from the original Douglas Park.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Looking forward to visiting a completely new ground. Much rather play them than get drawn against another Championship side even if Talbot are the favourites :D

Not a completely new ground for many of the older supporters, as Auchinleck’s Main Stand is actually our old extension to the Main Stand from the original Douglas Park.

I remember the old "new" stand well. The only stand in Scotland with no turnstile... I'm sure I sat in it for one of the last reserve games against QoS... It will be freaky to sit in it at Auchinleck - although I'll probably stand at the game as it's much better. It's quicker to get away if you're not in the stand and I can see this being one to escape from in haste.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:10 am

Because this is a ground we haven't played at,every man and his dog will be wanting tickets for this.

Nevertheless,I see the Country Bumpkins and our many enemies are already having a go stupidly thinking Saturday was a "normal" away support for us.

Not a game for "wee boys" for me as it will be a blood and thunder style occasion where battlers will be needed.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:
Dr Slippy wrote:

I remember the old "new" stand well. The only stand in Scotland with no turnstile... I'm sure I sat in it for one of the last reserve games against QoS... It will be freaky to sit in it at Auchinleck - although I'll probably stand at the game as it's much better. It's quicker to get away if you're not in the stand and I can see this being one to escape from in haste.

The Willie McAndrew Stand in which there was a hospitality suite. Named after the Manager who took us to the last Scottish Cup Final in 1935. Wonder if they will ne-name one of our stands if we make it this season??

This is bound to be a real battle with hardened Talbot players against our young lads, and on their own patch. Hopefully we get a good allocation of tickets for this one.

Having been at Preston & Buckie in the SC, with mixed fortunes, I wouldn't like to call this on our present form. Not surprised if the game is televised for a "CUP UPSET" :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:06 pm

Meanwhile back in the world of football has anyone got any info re tickets. Nothing on the Talbot website. I did see a tweet suggesting that Talbot were talking to Accies re arrangements but nothing else.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:24 pm

Two weeks on Saturday….. and, although we were discussing tickets on Saturdat last, the silence is deafening.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bertiejoejoe » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:21 am

It’s pay at the gate, spoke to a pal who works on the committee at auchinleck!
Bertiejoejoe
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:48 pm

Thanks for info. And the prices are??

Unlikely to hear it from Accies :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:58 pm

From the Talbot website although not obvious.

Admission: ADULT £12 CONCESSION £6 PAY AS YOU ENTER

FULL MATCH DETAILS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOLLOWING OUR PRE OP MEETING WITH POLICE SCOTLAND & EAC
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 pm

Full match details from the Talbot web site

PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM SATURDAY 20 NOVEMBER 2021 TILL FURTHER NOTICE ENGLISH £10 & £5 NOTES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE CLUB

THE SCOTTISH CUP – 3RD ROUND

AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC V HAMILTON ACADEMICAL FC
BEECHWOOD PARK, AUCHINLECK
SAT 27 NOV 2021

3.00pm KICK OFF.

CROWD CONTROL PROCEDURE
the following measures will be implemented to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all who attend the above match.

AUCHINLECK TALBOT SUPPORTERS will occupy the Stand, the Terracing from the Stand to the Clubhouse, the Coal Road and Main Street Terracing up to the segregation point on the East Terracing.

AUCHINLECK TALBOT SUPPORTERS are asked to enter and exit the ground by the SOCIAL CLUB GATES 1 & 2.

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL FC SUPPORTERS will enter and exit BY NUMBER 6 & 7 GATES AT THE MAIN STREET END OF THE GROUND. On entering the ground access will be allowed for the HAMILTON ACADEMICAL FC SUPPORTERS to occupy the Terracing behind the Main Street End Goals to the North End of the Stand.

DISABLED ACCESS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE SOCIAL CLUB GATES.

DISABLED, LADIES & GENTS TOILET FACILITIES AT COAL ROAD END OF THE GROUND.

CATERING FACILITIES

Both AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC and HAMILTON ACADEMICAL FC, supporters are welcome to use the Club’s catering facilities but are asked to return to their designated areas once served.

AUCHINLECK TALBOT FC SUPPORTERS SOCIAL CLUB

Access to the Social Club will be open to members and invited guests only.

ADMISSION: ADULTS £12.00 — CONCESSIONS £6.00. SEASON TICKETS NOT VALID

GATES WILL OPEN AT 1.45PM

Spectators are asked to get along to the match early to avoid any delays, and if possible, have the correct admission money with you.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:12 am

I’m going out on a limb here and predict a cup upset, Accies to win 2 - 0. I appreciate that Talbot under Tommy Sloan are a very successful team at their level. It’s a home tie, there will be a big home support and they have had ‘success’ in the Scottish Cup most recently holding Arbroath to a draw at home before losing the replay 3 -0. But I just think we should have too much in the locker even for boys against men. Looking forward to the first ‘real’ cup tie in ages.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:24 am

If this match is on then the roads better be gritted as the forecast for the Muirkirk area in the AFTERNOON is just 1°C. Take care folks.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 am

I think they have covers so think it should be on.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Just had a look at the Ayr line up when they lost down there almost three years ago. It looks a far better side than anything we'll put out tomorrow. Michael Rose, now at Coventry, Daniel Harvie, a regular at MK Dons, Robbie Crawford, now Motherwell, Michael Moffat, Ross Docherty, now Thistle, Liam Smith, now Dundee United, Declan McDaid and Andy Murdoch. I've got the fear now, especially if young Marley and Ronan Hughes start. We could do with 70 minutes at least from Scott Martin.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:29 pm

I’m not a betting man but so confident am I in my 2 - 0 Accies win that I’ve put a £10 on at 10/1. :lol: :oops: :shock:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Mind with the weather and what not you are advised to get to the ground early, so as you dont miss the first couple of talbot goals.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:57 pm

This time last year we were in Premier league and Talbot god knows how many levels below us

I appreciate that Talbot are a decent side but come on to feck we are a full time professional club. How much worse can it get.

Get Mcgowan to fuck before he totally destroys our club
smc4761
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies