Thistle v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Thistle v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:28 pm

Hopefully Stan is able to make a few changes. Virtanen in for Hughes in midfield, Martin probably to come on for the last 30 minutes, Moyo back? and possibly Hamilton. Replacing Matheson with Stirling doesn’t offer much but Partick will have watched us and will try and exploit our rhs. Again not expecting much, a draw would be excellent but another scudding will only add fuel to a downward spiral. Not one of my favourite grounds but will bite the bullet and go.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Thistle v Accies

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:10 pm

I see it is another one of those no tickets/PATG available on the day malarkey.

This nonsense at half empty grounds is costing clubs money as there are plenty folk who don't want all the hassles involved,folk who don't have smart phones(as at a few of our away games this season),nor does it reflect the fact some people don't decide till on the day to attend.

There should always be a PATG/Ticket on the day option.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:25 pm

Got my tickets in today, not expecting a great result but it's got to be better than walking round asda.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:58 pm

I am going but no idea why. Can only see a comfortable 3 goal win for Thistle.
This could be one of our smallest away supports - would think 80 odd if we are lucky.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:39 pm

We’re going and you just never know.
No real reason for optimism however I didn’t think it was a 0-3 game last Saturday.
I usually enjoy Firhill (except Canning’s first game there where the previous league leading team got a 5-0 skelping
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:20 pm

Gav wrote:I am going but no idea why. Can only see a comfortable 3 goal win for Thistle.
This could be one of our smallest away supports - would think 80 odd if we are lucky.

So how many from Accies were there?
And, a realistic report, please, of the game?

Our defensive goals against at 29 lost is by far the worst, and we are League One bound by May, despite only losing one nil today. Dunfermline looks now to be organised under Yogi so the play-off opponents are shortening by the week.

Maybe Boozy's release is to allow the wages to be spent on a player in January, although who would want to sign for a club in such a shambles upstairs, and League One looking ever likely, is beyond me.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Haven’t seen any figures Porcupine but I reckon between 130/150 Accies fans which is better than predicted. As to the game itself. Moyo was back, Martin started and he tried Want at right back. First half I thought we pretty much held our own so that was I suppose an improvement. Second half he replaced Martin with Virtanen. Need to see the goal again but it looked to easy and once they scored I never expected us to come back and so it proved. Chuckie seemed to be playing out on the wing at times and I thought largely anonymous. There was nothing on the bench to make a difference. Stirling came on for Want, I assume a fresh pair of legs and Redfern for Smith late on seemed pointless. I would imagine the Pars will kick on leaving us fighting in a mini league alongside Morton, Ayr and queens. Roll on the January window because that squad needs a significant lifeline. I really can’t see what Stan can do with that lot.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:02 pm

What Stan can do is play our best striker up front and not out on the wing.
Another game with no shots on target.
Gav
Championship

Postby Billybamz » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Watched on TV ..it wiz so boring ..I went to bed..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:29 pm

i should have gone to asda instead ... there's more life in the deli there than on the accies squad at the moment.

Looks to me like even Ryan has given up his last shred of hope .... on the positives though, the Thistle steak pie was pretty decent.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:40 pm

Definitely best pie of the season and pretty quick efficient service from staff who can count. Nothing like NDP at all then.
Another terrible post match interview from a manager who as is now the norm, saw a totally different game from the rest of us.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies