Accies v Raith

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Raith

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

No idea what team we are going to field for this one. Stan in a midweek interview said a number of our injured players are back in training such as Winter, Pops as well as Vertanen. But you would be guessing if any are available for Saturday. A repeat of our last meeting would be good certainly from a blood pressure/entertainment point of view.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Raith

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Virtanen was on the bench on Saturday so surely he has to come in for Hughes, who was dreadful. Scott Martin is supposedly back in training too. How we're missing him!

Would take a draw right now.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:27 pm

Well 2 positives today. One we didn’t lose a last minute goal :oops: :oops: and two, the home crowd was apparently up at 901. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:36 pm

What an absolute fucking shambles of a club. The on park performances are now as amateurish as every other fucking aspect of the club. The lack of attention to detail to the simplest of things - the reserved stickers on the seats from 5 years ago, the shitty food concessions with only one open for the home support that's sold out before half time, no scoreboard to keep track of the away teams tally or clock to see how much torture is left before home time. It looks like a gang of kids that are playing at running a club without understanding how to actually do that.
Can't pick a single player that earned their pay today, just woeful.
Not a happy bunny at all
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:41 pm

We're going down in last place. Too many wee boys physically out of their depth. What kind of inept, useless manager sees that first half and doesn't make any changes at half time? Incredible. What does Ronan Hughes bring to this team? For the second week in a row he was totally ineffectual, and like Mimnaugh, Redfern and Matheson he is easily brushed aside by stronger players.

If anything sums up the loser mentality at the club it's Accies Tweeting a MOTM presentation after the game. What other club...?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:44 pm

Shockingly bad. Embarrassing. I no longer look forward to coming to home games…and that’s not just as a result of only having one gents open. I mean, come on tae fggg.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:56 pm

As someone famoulsly said years ago, " you will win nothing with kids" In this instance however it is true.

In this league its seasoned pros brushing away a totally lightweight bunch of young lads. The game against Auckinleck should really show this.

The club from top to bottom is beyond amateur, boys clubs under 10's are better organised and more professional.

To those that go week in week out to watch this shower of shite, I salute you. Talk about gluttons for punishment

I know you support the team through good and bad times but this season will be one to far for a good few I would imagine. We are drifting helplessly back to the bad old days of Watson era

Did Brian Rice see this coming and think feck this I am offski. Poor old Stan, now wishing he had stayed where he was, as the shit show of politics behind the scenes goes on
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:12 pm

smc4761 wrote:As someone famoulsly said years ago, " you will win nothing with kids" In this instance however it is true.

In this league its seasoned pros brushing away a totally lightweight bunch of young lads. The game against Auckinleck should really show this.

The club from top to bottom is beyond amateur, boys clubs under 10's are better organised and more professional.

We are drifting helplessly back to the bad old days of Watson era

Did Brian Rice see this coming and think feck this I am offski. Poor old Stan, now wishing he had stayed where he was, as the shit show of politics behind the scenes goes on

So I'm not the only one that has a great deal of sympathy for Stuart Taylor? He has had NO input into who makes up the squad, only inheriting a bunch of youngsters that need to build muscle and experience, all of which takes time. OK, the gaffer has to make decisions on team selection, but his options are severly limited. Even come a January window, I doubt there will be any money for players, and the 'value' of Smith & Hamilton must be dropping weekly, with other clubs knowing that our public personna shows we are on a shoe-string financially. The amateur way we are seen to be run IS an embarrassment.

We are in deep doo-doo, in a relegation fight now, and most likely to be out-muscled and out-fought in every sense in two weeks time at Auchinleck. I'll be there, all being well, to hopefully be proved wrong, but I sense the scribblers already have the banner "Scottish Cup Shocker" as a draft in their lap-tops.

Only for the second time in five decades, I left with 10 minutes to go. Enough was enough, today.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:54 am

Yes, yesterday was bad and symbolic of the decline the club are in.A few seasons ago our under 21 side would have defeated half the sides in this League.

Every home game is akin to a Library style atmosphere.Our singing support was always good at home-even in the homeless years-but has disappeared completely with every home game feeling like an away game.The same in the Pubs around the ground which were once busy with Accies fans,now full of away fans.

Young teams taking over The Vaults all season I hear,when,for years,they wouldn't even attempt to come anywhere near the place and would be booted out if they tried.Reason I say this is I have heard of a few instances this season of Accies fans being harassed by away fans with apparently this being the case yesterday.

We are now are in a situation where we have a team of young, inexperienced,physically bullied boys in a fight for their lives against experienced campaigners who have been in this position before.The fanbases of these clubs are also up for the challenge as they are not being run into the ground by spivs as we are.

For me,yes the football is "challenging", but I feel that NOW is when we need to support these lads.It is easy supporting an Accies side with regular derby wins,winning at the Old Firm etc, but NOW is when our support is badly needed in the Stands to encourage the youngsters to get out of this mess.

An added bonus of course would be more people in the ground to let McGoofey know what we think of him.A keyboard warrior stance matters not a jot to him and staying away isn't harming McGowan, but only harming a young team badly needing support and a confidence boost.

If we remain Hamilton Apathetical then we won't have a club of any note worth saving and it will be too late by then.

I am more depressed now than in the homeless years as there appears to be no real fight in the fanbase to change this now as there was then.We are staring down the barrel and it is up to all of us to fight to change this nightmare.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:49 am

Good post, YOH. Staying away suits McGowan, he can say, look, the locals don't care about their club, no wonder I can't sell it. I won't be at Thistle but I'll be at the Dunfermline home game, fearing the worst as with a decent manager now in charge they'll probably come into it level on 13 points with us.

Not sure Taylor deserves too much sympathy when he keeps a now fit Virtanen on the bench and plays the out of his depth Hughes. Perhaps Kyle Munro could see a bit more action too, after all he played most weeks last season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby RRFCfan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:02 am

Hi All.

I was at the game yesterday and just wanted to say thanks to the old lad at the bottom of the away stand. He had shorts and an Accies coat on. I came down with my daughter looking for something to eat for her but the pie stand had closed. He asked what we wanted and went in and got her a packet of crisps, for free. Really nice of him.

I feel genuinely sorry for Accies right now. Almost a carbon copy of the situation we were in circa 2005, with the same crooked owner (in my opinion). All I could say to that I’d organise, start to raise funds however you can and gain some traction for taking the club back. Make it more of a viable prospect for someone taking over that cares about the club. We came from that situation to where we are now.

I was at the Raith AGM 2 seasons ago and the big talking point was the drop in income from the championship to L1. Which, with the fall in crowds and prize money was approximately 600k. Nothing like the drop from the Premier to Championship but still a hit.

On the game I just thought we were clinical, we didn’t actually have that many chances on target. We have a young team too barring Berra. Probably an average age of about 24. The young team at the back were embarrassing, yes they created a bit atmosphere but they’re 15/16 year old kids that would shite themselves of any of the Hamilton fans they were shouting at waited on them at the end of the game.

We rode our lick at times in the second half. I’m just glad it wasn’t a repeat of the first game of the season!
RRFCfan
Pub League

Return to The Accies