Accies v Arbroath

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Arbroath

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:47 pm

The league table doesn’t lie. Arbroath are third, have only lost twice and have a positive goal difference of 12. Last week they lost 2 early goals to the Pars but came back to score 4 and put Peter Grant out of his misery as a manager. Yes we are making progress under Stan but I expect this to be a win for Arbroath. I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Arbroath

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:11 pm

With the players we have out, and I would expect Popescu to be added to that list, a draw would be an excellent result.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Message to Stan

Remember, Arbroath suss teams out in the first half then come out and destroy them in the second half.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Looks like we tried our new tactic again of time wasting and once again, we are useless at it and Arbroath score in injury time.

When will we ever learn. Thats 2 points from 2 games when it should have been 6 points. Relegation form
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:31 pm

Only difference from last week is that they scored in the first minute of injury time rather than the last. I suppose we should be grateful for a point against an in form Arbroath and we didn’t get scudded in the second half as we did at Gayfield, but it’s the same old same old. We can’t hold onto or extend a lead. I actually thought Moyo did some good work throughout(apart from not scoring) and Dick Campbell is worth the admission money. But other than that not great.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Men against boys for much of that. Lucky to get a point, they dominated and could easily have had it won by half time. But if Josh Mullen plays a quick, easy pass on 90+1 we had a man through on goal. I think it was Hughes so we probably wouldn't have scored but still! Seconds later they score.

Why is he taking Smith off first? Same last week. He had faded a little but he's still the player most likely to create something. I thought our midfield needed Virtanen (apparently he wasn't fully fit v Thistle, where admittedly he was dreadful). Hughes was woeful and I can't believe Taylor didn't see that. We have Jamie and Eastie to thank for some great defending and wee Luke did some good safety first defending. Moyo's general play was better, shame he didn't score but credit to the keeper.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:11 pm

Another 2 points dropped & Taylor’s fault again. He’s plainly learned nothing from last week, and since he’s arrived it’s been repeated poor team selections, poor tactics and poor substitutions. I really don’t get what all the time wasting is about. This team cannot kill a game to hold out for 1-0, so best to keep being positive for the whole match.

So far he’s been no improvement on Rice, and I dread another of his management speak, cliche ridden post match interviews.

To me his job at the moment is to play his strongest 11 in their best positions, with sensible positive tactics, and if he is making a change, make one to improve the team, not make us weaker. Yes in time he may want to develop our style of play, but now is not the time as he is leading us into a needless relegation battle.

The minute Lewis Smith goes off any threat disappears, and it’s a sad day when we’re well outplayed at home by Arbroath who more than deserved to win.

Smith and Ryan are the only goal threat we have in the team & I would have both on for 90 minutes unless they are injured. Moyo is working harder under Taylor, but he is not a striker in a million years as he proved again today.

I genuinely want ST to prove me wrong and show that we have not appointed another dud who can only talk the talk & is unable to back it up on the park.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Jamie apparently subbed after experiencing chest pains. Fingers crossed not serious. Take care big man.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... d-25396829
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby FergiesBawls » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:59 pm

I don't agree with assessments of Lewis Smith. He loses possession more often than he retains it and often in midfield areas. Doesn't provide support for his full back either. Mathewson got more help today with Ryan played on front. Moyo surprised me today with good holdup play. Disappointing in general that we're second best at home and can't get good enough possession to create enough chances.
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:05 pm

FergiesBawls wrote:I don't agree with assessments of Lewis Smith. He loses possession more often than he retains it and often in midfield areas. Doesn't provide support for his full back either. Mathewson got more help today with Ryan played on front. Moyo surprised me today with good holdup play. Disappointing in general that we're second best at home and can't get good enough possession to create enough chances.

I agree there are still elements of his game that he needs to get better at, but Lewis is the one man in our team who can create something out of nothing, and it’s no coincidence that we have completely fallen out of the last 2 games when he has been prematurely hooked.

Moyo is big & strong and runs about a lot, but first and foremost I want my striker s to know where the back of the net is & his strike rate is less than 1 in 10 which is pretty hopeless.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:56 pm

Their goal was ALWAYS coming today, for at least an hour. We consistently were drawing them on to our goal and how they didn’t win the game is a mystery to me.

We are of course continuing to shoot ourselves in the foot by poor finishing, and inexperienced defending. Easty saved umpteen shots and Hilton also had a good game.

But how badly do we need a real big striker? Chunky can’t do it all on his own.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:31 am

Porcupine. If ur selling your house do you put in a new £10,000 kitchen immediately before selling. Of course not. So if this lot are serious about selling why would they significantly invest in the squad. They will spend the bare minimum in January to maintain a Championship place. Ps No sign of Hamilton or Smith extending their contracts so you sell them off in January for what you can get.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:46 pm

I take your point,TT, though there was no suggestion that there was any money or enthusiasm to invest in a big striker. Just that we could do with one!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:20 pm

Moyo.would probably be a very good centre half..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies