MorTEN v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

MorTEN v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:45 am

Apart from the Pars, MorTEN apppear to be draw merchants having won only one game. I wonder who that was against? So can we break down their defence? Hopefully after Tuesday’s’ win and performance we can take all 3 points. Will he play both Chuckie and Moyo from the start. I hope so. I also hope the away fans catering caravan will be in situ. A cup of tea and roll and square was £2 last time I was there.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: MorTEN v Accies

Postby Gav » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:52 pm

We are in the Main Stand. Card or cash will be accepted.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:37 am

The main stand is a disaster.

Hoping for more of what we saw on Tuesday.

Lewis Smith will be full of confidence and with Jamie Hamilton at right back again I am fairly confident of a win (I can’t see that being the case many times this season but live for today).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:46 am

I think it will be a tough at the "tail of the bank" not a day for free flowing football and can see this being a bore draw 0-0.

Hope I'm proved wrong though.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Gav » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:48 pm

Tickets needed. Can be picked up at ticket office in Sinclair Street.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:08 pm

Well Mr Reid the referee certainly made his mark today refereeing his first ever Championship match. 2 yellow cards to Accies players for time wasting neither of them deserved imo led to 7 minutes of extra time and of course they scored in the 7 th minute. That highlights that once again certainly in the first half when we largely controlled the game we are not clinical and need more than a one goal cushion. We were not helped either by Pops going off injured. That seems to upset our rhythm. Results however elsewhere went our way so overall not too unhappy. Oh and a rare sighting of one of our co owners Les on the pitch before the game. where’s he been hiding?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:19 pm

People will blame the ref for us not winning, but I would put that down to Taylor. Morton were rank rotten & never looked like scoring & he takes off Smith & we time waste for 25 minutes. We got what we deserved at the end.
Yes a couple of bookings were laughable & he didn’t book the Morton player for deliberate hand ball when he tried to catch it. Andy Ryan was booked when he was more than 10 yards away at the final free kick.
Ryan has been our top player this season, but he lost composure when through just before the equaliser. I don’t think that Taylor is a significant upgrade in Rice. Questionable selections, wrong tactics & poor substitutions . Sounds familiar.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:21 pm

A real sickener, however we did time waste. Two needless bookings for Matheson and Macdonald taking ages to deliver their throw. Andy Ryan didn't look ten yards away so that was another one. Redfern missed a great chance though I thought Smith should have gone himself. Why was he subbed? Surely could only be a knock? The Popescu injury delay seemed about two minutes, Stan says he was told five minutes to be added but we maybe wasted more time after the 90. Hilton was lucky not to be booked for the time he was taking at goal kicks.

In the second half after the injury we had four teenagers and I thought we did pretty well. I've seen fans saying we were too defensive. I thought Morton only came into it in the last ten and you would expect that with them chasing the game. We cleared one off the line and Hamilton made a great block. Ryan has a great chance to win it in 93 but passed the buck and overhits it dreadfully. Could Stan not have put on Munro in stoppage time for Redfern who looked knackered? Timed properly he could have stopped their momentum. At least other results went our way.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies