A cautionary tale

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

A cautionary tale

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:35 am

Picture the scene. Sideshow Mcgoofey stands outside the stadium dressed in his best snake oil salesman suit. The fairground music blares out in the background. “Roll up Roll up” he cries, “One used football club for sale. Many previous owners not all of them careful custodians”. Please sir says a little voice from the audience I’d like to buy the club. Step right this way young man says Sideshow Mcgoofey, you will have the bargain of the century.
The stadium looks nice says the young man. Oh its not for sale just the club. But I thought the stadium was designed and built to provide a steady income stream for the club? Not since I got my hands on it says Sideshow Mcgoofey. Now it’s providing me with an income. I’ll just have to raise funds via the Accies Community trust then says the young man. No says Mcgoofey I’m keeping control of that to raise money for my personal charity. Wink wink. Oh well says the young man at least the club will come with a pot of money. Oh no I lost all that in an internet scam. But surely the bank made good the loss says the young man. Don’t bother yourself about details says Sideshow Mcgoofey. Well at least the club will come debt free. Ronnie cleared that right? Ah says Mcgoofey, there is the little matter of the £1.2 million government coved load and any other debt I can offload onto the club. Ok then I will just have to rely on the fans to help fund the club. Ah but you see I’ve banned most of them and driven the rest away but I’m sure they will come back. What you are no longer interested young man well I’ll get one of my pals to buy the club. I’m sure they will see the investment opportunities.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: A cautionary tale

Postby smc4761 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:15 pm

History repeating itself here. McGowan did something similar with Raith about 15 years ago. Luckily they had a decent fanbase and chased him eventually

I would seriously doubt anyone with even the slightest bit of sense would buy into a football club, especially one on a downward spiral
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies