Accies v The only team in the bible

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v The only team in the bible

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:37 am

Play like we did, certainly the first half, yesterday and I’ll go for another win over Queens. Same starting 11 unless Vertanen and Want are available for selection. Enticed by the prospect of a takeover Accies fans to turnout in huge numbers and home support to top 1500 :lol:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v The only team in the bible

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:16 pm

For much of that it was looking like another Morton or Ayr game. Totally dominant but couldn't score. Lewis Smith had a superb first half and had a screamer superbly saved. Then Mullin somehow blasted over from ten yards when all he needed to do was tap it in. Popescu, excellent all night, had the first of two headers cleared off the line. There was a bit of a lull in the second half but we were still the better side. Then Lewis threaded a beautiful ball through to Mullin just inside their half. He ran on, drew the keeper and it looked goalbound but sub Andy Ryan made sure. Thoroughly deserved. Ideally Mullin would have scored to make up for his miss but the defender may have hooked it clear were it not for Ryan.

Mimnaugh was excellent, Hughes and Redfern decent. Eastie solid. MacDonald a threat on the wing. MOTM between Smith and Popescu for me, with Lewis shading it for that pass.

Crowd only 942, with 158 from Dumfries. Play like that more often and folk will return.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Excellent summation Stevie , I was feart that Smith was on for a red card, thought the ref was pretty lenient.
Mimnaugh & Redfearn never stopped all night
Great performance, deserved a better score line
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:53 pm

Well you have to be happy with the result particularly as at one point the Pars were 1 up on Raith and it looked like we could have dropped into the play off spot. Instead we leap frog Queens and the Pars and Morton draw. In the first half Mullin missed a sitter. Seemed all he had to do from a low cross was tap it in but he lent back and skied it over the bar. Then one of their players headed a goal bound header off the line. Second half it was Moyos’ turn to miss. And then their keeper pulled off an excellent save. So here’s me thinking we’re heading for a draw or they will sneak one. But no we break up the park and Chuckie who has come on for Moyo pokes it in the back of the net. Need to see it again as I felt it was already goal bound having been struck by another Accies player,Mullin perhaps? Anyway a well deserved 3 points and a good performance.

Match report

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... 0-25307647
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Crowd only 942, with 158 from Dumfries. Play like that more often and folk will return.

Agree that a performance like that will bring people back SC but as to the veracity of the crowd figures I think we can safely say that 784 Accies fans is another exaggeration.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:08 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

Agree that a performance like that will bring people back SC but as to the veracity of the crowd figures I think we can safely say that 784 Accies fans is another exaggeration.

Probably. Folk always tend to forget about the folk in hospitality and there was about nine in the box behind me. Still likely to be no more than 700.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Good performance and like Saturday the game should have been done and dusted by half-time.

Josh Mullin's miss was one of the worst I have ever seen,but he made up for it by setting up the winner.

We really should have had six points this week already,but we still have the chance of creating a sizeable gap on the bottom two if we win on Saturday.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:45 am

Queens official match report with some cracking photos.

https://www.qosfc.com/match-2402
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:33 am

I really enjoyed that last night.
I did keep thinking that this could be a Morton type defeat however we deserved the goal.
Smith was fantastic, a real footballer, and his part in the goal was fitting.
Glad for Mullin that he played such a decisive part as he would have suffered nightmares about his miss otherwise.
Jamie Hamilton is a class above Stirling or Matheson at right back even if he is out of position.
Roll on Morton on Saturday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies