Accies v Thistle

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Thistle

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:20 am

According to some statto nerd on P and B Thistle have not won a single televised league game going back to October 2013 a total of 27 games. Oh oh surely that run can’t be about to end :o Stan has had even more time to get to know the squad but I’m assuming Hamilton and Want central defence, But midfield I’m not so sure. Stick with the flying Finn, mimnaugh ? Moyo to start alongside Ryan. Temps to reappear? Wearing my happy clapper rose tinted glasses I’ll go for a draw ;)
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Thistle

Postby smc4761 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:05 pm

I would have thought Popescu was a shoe in for the defence. Ideally if we can try and keep the same team that did so well against Caley, minus Minmaugh of course
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Has to be want n popescu..Hamiltonz not that great a centre back ..in fact hez not that great a player ..maybe lacking in confidence after so many hard seasons in the Premier league..
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:17 pm

Not disagreeing re the Want/pops pairing but it will be Hamilton back in. They are desperate to get him to sign a new contract and sell him on.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 pm

Popescu and Want looked a good blossoming partnership versus Inverness, so surely the logical thing is to play Jamie Hamilton in place of Mimmnaugh?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Well done Stan. Kept with Want and Pops and Hamilton not even starting. Moyo also on the bench. Impact striker no doubt ;)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Utterly utterly embarrassing. Club is in freefall, on and off the park.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Absolutely fucking dreadful, that's the first time ive left early from an accies match, just could not bear freezing my nuts off to watch that bilge. Anyone else remember "Whatever it takes" - i think its not working
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Well what do we make of that. 9 days to prepare for the game and as Stan said time to kick on. Didn’t exactly go to plan did it Stan. From the off we looked like headless chickens and it was no surprise when they scored. However at 1 - 0 and half time I’m left hoping that Stan will get the players heads sorted and we can still make a game of it. But no we got humiliated and rightly so. See the difference when you have strikers and a midfield and a defence. Meanwhile the club claims there were 1137 Accies fans at that game. One look at tv pictures tell you that’s a lie. I reckon 700 max and once again many of the home fans were freebies wandering around with a ticket in their hand asking for seat directions. But there is NO other way but youth we are told. Don’t blame Stan don’t blame Maitland the 3 musketeers Ronnie, Les and Mcgoofey make the decisions on and off the park. :oops: :oops: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Div 3 here we come free fall.. some really awfull players out there
No Heart.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:41 pm

1173 they're claiming, TT (1775 - 602). Total fiction. Maybe 400 plus however many were in the boxes. Just sums up the contempt from them. How many will go to Killie next week? 60? And what figure will they put out after QotS midweek. I certainly wont be back after that. How shite was Virtanen? Hughes not much better. How is he still here?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:46 pm

Absolutely f*****g dreadful. Embarrassing. This cannot go on. Against the old firm that kind of performance it’s almost expected but against Partick?

Hang your heads in shame players, staff and directors.

We’ve went from seven years in premiership to this. Relegation is coming. This time next year we’re going to be a division below cove rangers. Let that sink in.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:07 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:06 am

Nothing I saw tonight changes my opinion that we would do well to survive in the Championship with this team of mostly boys. Thistle were faster than us and looked the better throughout. Embarrassing is an understatement.
Other than against Old firm teams and Hearts, I cannot remember a score line as bad as this.
A defensive holding midfielder is urgently needed a la Neil/McKinnon but by January transfer window it’ll already be far too late.
League One and even then, who knows?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:44 am

Yet another incisive post match interview by the Accies media man

“Can I tickle your tummy gaffer” he probed in a manner not dissimilar to Hugh McIlvaney in his prime.

“I really must press you again on your favourite colour boss” was another highlight

I thought the Marcus bloke was brutal, this is another level of bland.

Gilbert please come back you were excellent, and it was only a hobby for you
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:11 am

Men against toddlers. We have been humped previously against the bigot brothers but that was away from home. When was the last time we were humiliated at home with such a scoreline

The Accies media man after the game sums up where this club is at. Total amateurish.

As long as Mcgowan remains at club were only going in one direction

Does anyone know Mike Ashleys phone number, hear he is looking to buy a club
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:21 am

Shades of Accies 1 Dundee 6 in December 2011. First season back down, it was even 0-6 when we got a late consolation from Imrie. Billy Reid survived that and stayed until April 2013.

Looking at the crowd again on TV, I think 700 in the home end is a good call. Bad but not as bad as I thought plus six boxes presumably well filled. Didn't think it looked like 602 Thistle, maybe 500.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:02 am

[quote="Stevie Clarke"]Shades of Accies 1 Dundee 6 in December 2011. First season back down, it was even 0-6 when we got a late consolation from Imrie. Billy Reid survived that and stayed until April 2013.

That was exactly the game I was thinking of last night. Total aberration and both could have ended more than 6.

I have to admit I thought ST wasn’t a bad appointment when it was made, but I now have the fear.
He seems to have the vanity of a lot of these modern managers who are more obsessed with their “vision” or “project” rather than the immediate needs of the team.
I’m all for playing the pretty football when we have players with the ability and confidence to do it, but that has to be a longer term aim.
In the here and now it is about steadying the ship, and making the best of the poor squad he has inherited.
Players should be playing in their best positions and doing what they are able to do with their limited abilities. That is not happening at the moment.
Arbroath are a great example of making the best of what they have and playing to their strengths. Accies at their best have been able to do that over the last 10 years or so.
Stuart, forget about the process, the project, the vision and all these other corporate cliches, and just get the best 11 on the park, playing tactics they understand and doing their best.
Maybe in time if we can strengthen the squad and gain a bit of belief can we look at the other stuff.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:30 pm

I left at 0-5. I can't believe the idiot on the tannoy actually played celebration music after Moyo scored (just seen it on YouTube). What a fucking joke club we've become.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies