Accies v Dons B

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Dons B

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:59 am

In his post match interview on Saturday Stan agreed with his interviewer that this game was an opportunity to give ‘fringe’ players game time. But he has also said that he wants to win every game. And so do the fans. An emphatic win against an Aberdeen B team would be ideal after Saturdays’ result. A decent run in this competition would be huge for the fans starved of success. I assume Jamie Hamilton will return as will Kyle Munro. A full 90 minutes for Moyo? But too many young boys and we will get another replay of the Hearts game until Stan sent on the big boys. After the break I’ll be interested to see what he does with Jamie Hamilton. Want and Pops look our best central defensive pairing but don’t play Hamilton going forward and any chance of getting him to sign a new contract fades. Personally I don’t think he will anyway. His agent will be looking to securing him pre contract in January.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Dons B

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 pm

So according to the Clubs’ website there is a PATG tonight but then goes onto say

Alternatively tickets are on sale now for fans looking to purchase their tickets in advance of the match.

Priced at £10 for adults and £5 for under 18s and over 65s

To buy yours contact the ticket office or phone 01698 368650.

Ok I’m not the brightest but seems pretty clear that you can buy a ticket from the ticket office. So went down got a tenner out the cash machine and then around to the office to be told there’s no tickets it’s PATG. Back to normal apparently. Aye shambles as usual.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:05 pm

If a fraudster was looking at for a football club that was a shambles internally they couldn't have picked a better one than Accies. Maybe he was a regular on this forum!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Updated match information posted 1 hour ago on the Accies Twitter feed. Still says:

Alternatively tickets are on sale now for fans looking to purchase their tickets in advance of the match.

Ffs does anyone have a clue at that club. Too busy with the dinasours.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:29 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Updated match information posted 1 hour ago on the Accies Twitter feed. Still says:

Ffs does anyone have a clue at that club. Too busy with the dinasours.

This ongoing shambles would appear to suggest that the lack of organisation, with mis-information on stadium entry etc. etc, is down to the only one person who controls the Stadium Company, as opposed to the Football Club.

As Ronnie, Alan & Les are all involved in running their successful businesses, it's unlikely to be any of them, or any other board members who again have their own businesses to look after first.

Now who could that person be??? DUHH :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:20 pm

So we win again! Who scored and who next?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Ok first the farcical bit. Pops is listed as a sub on Twitter until the fans start tweeting the club that he’s cup tied in this competition so all of a sudden a new team sheet is posted without him. And I thought the ticketing arrangements were a shambles. To the game itself. I enjoyed that. Well let’s be honest any Accies win especially at home is enjoyable. 2 well worked goals from young Mcgowan and Munro saw Accies run out comfortably. We were helped by the sending off in 30 minutes presumably for denying a goal scoring opportunity. He started as expected with Moyo up front and Easton and Hamilton at the back. The Finn kept his place and had a good game and the likes of Munro and Hughes got game time. So we go in 1 up at half time and Stan obviously had seen enough of Moyo and possibly Hughes and hooked them both to be replaced by Lewis and Andy Ryan. Andy didn’t score but wow what a difference from Moyo running everywhere, trying everything. Thumbs upto Stan he really went for it second half. The young Aberdeen team knew they were in game as at least 3 got flattened by balls to the face, tackles etc and had to receive treatment. Hell mend them.if u want to mix withe big boys u got learn to take the rough with the smooth. All in all a satisfying performance. Young Mcgowan looked good as did Munro. Surely Stan can see Moyo is playing at it. Killie or Queens Park next.

Press and Journal Match report

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sp ... on-accies/
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:15 am

Great report via P & J, so thanks, TT, from those of us who couldn't make the game last night. Hopefully QP in next round, with a number of ex-acies in their squad.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:12 pm

It was an interesting game, I'd guess that the team directive was to play through McGinn as much as possible, trying to build confidence in the lad I expect. He didnt have the best of games and looked a bit shaky at times, thankfully for the lad the crowd didnt get on his back and he did manage a couple of very good crosses in the 2nd half.
The second half with the introduction of Lewis & Ryan I thought we looked more dangerous up front but there still seems to be hesitancy with driving forward, lots and lots of passing across the back which I suppose is preferable to the constant hoofing the ball forward that we used to see.

The sound of a wet mitre ball smacking into the face is horrific, brings back repressed schoolboy memories. Those poor young men.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Killie beat Queens Park yesterday 3 - 1, Killies’ striker firepower proving to much for Queens whose reply was delivered by Grant Gillespie from the penalty spot. Our quarterfinal inal home tie against Killie is scheduled for Tuesday 30 November.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies