Accies v Inverness C T

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Inverness C T

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 pm

Currently it’s top v nearly bottom and depending how the Pars v Raith game goes tonight it could be top v definitely bottom. Who’d of thought we would be in this position? Given Thistles’ record and our home record plus an inability to score then this should only have one outcome, an away win for Thistle. Hopefully Want is available as I thought the pairing of him and Popescu at the back looked promising. Virtanen to keep his place no doubt for Spence. Upfront will Moyo reappear? Apparently he is in contention according to Stan. Otherwise I don’t see anyone other than Ryan as a very lonely striker upfront.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Inverness C T

Postby ManfromWaikato » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:39 am

Gonna be hard, really depends on how many injuries there are, which is usually a secret till we find out the teamlines on Saturday.
Last edited by ManfromWaikato on Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 am

ICT have only scored 3 more goals than we have, but have a far, far better defence in conceding only 2 with us having the worst in the Division with 14 conceded.

Probably has to be damage limitation on Saturday for us although defending with 10 men on the 18 yard line is not the answer. Difficult one for ST to call. Don't envy him his job.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby ManfromWaikato » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:00 pm

Without Spence available I wonder if Stan is considering putting jamie in front of pops and want (assuming all fit) to give a bit more protection in that central area.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Never any doubt in my mind that we would win this one, despite playing for over an hour with 10 men :P :P
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:29 pm

Mimnaugh nearly costs us the game. At 2 up we were well in control. Did they threaten upto the sending off? On a yellow card Mimnaugh loses possession and in his effort to get the ball back he makes a silly challenge and gets the second yellow. Like Jamies’ red inexperience shows. But hey I thought we played really well and I honestly never felt like we were under siege. Hats of to Captain Ryan and his merry band. A totally unexpected but thoroughly deserved 3 points.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:39 pm

Wonderful battling performance from all the team today.

I don't condone Mimnaugh's challenge which gave him a second yellow BUT the guy is not even TWENTY years old until December! Inexperience from all our very young team will be there throughout the season, and beyond.

Shaun Want and big Popescu had a terrific game in defence along with Mathieson & Macca, and we looked sound throughout, even after 20 mins in and down to 10 men/boys.

With all their own experience, ICT players looked poor, particularly in their attempts to take their chances. They seemed shell shocked at two down, and despite a late goal, when most of our squad were out on their feet, I too never thought that we would loose today, after the first 15 minutes.

Great Three Points, and well done to Stuart Taylor for his set-up today.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:17 pm

Wonderful battling display reminiscent of the Accies of old and the fans played our part also rallying the team in the later stages.

Special mentions to Popescu and Shaun Want who looked the solid partnership we needed in central defence and also Chucky for his work rate and wonderful second goal.

Mimmnaugh was rash but that Inverness number four committed two fouls after being booked with nothing done and we had players booked while ICT players were not booked for similar fouls.

We go into the break two unbeaten and two clean sheets also.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:21 pm

Ahem, YOH, we actually lost a goal today at 90+2 or was that 90+5. So no two clean sheets.

And Extra time? Anyone any idea where the six and a half minutes came from in the first half and the five minutes of injury time in the second? Anderson’s watch needs fixed. Ref was VERY inconsistent. Does he come from Inverness? :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:37 pm

I actually forgot about Gardyne's wonderful goal typing that even although we were all on tenderhooks at the time lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:40 pm

There were 2 fairly lengthy injury breaks in the first half. I remember the players taking water while treatment was ongoing for one so I wasn’t surprised re the first half extra time but no idea re the second half. And we still have a game on Wednesday in the Challenge Cup before the break. Personally I want to progress to the final!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:47 am

A different perspective on yesterday’s game, Billy Dodds post match interview.

https://ictfc.com/post-match-billy-dodd ... 02-10-2021
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bengee » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Billy Dodds we know where all the pies went.
Bengee
Pub League

Return to The Accies