Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fans Forum

Postby ASA » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Given the vast changes going on at the club, both on and off the park. It has been agreed that a fans forum is necessary at this time.

We ask that as many fans attend as possible in order to voice as many questions as possible. This is a great opportunity to do so.

FANS FORUM DETAILS

18th September.
5.30-6.30pm.
Accies Function Suite.

The forum will be attended by;
- Stuart Taylor
- Allan Maitland
- Bob Hay (Director)
- Danny Doherty (Club Secretary)

Who have assured us that they will answer any of the fans questions to the best of their ability.
ASA
Pub League

Re: Fans Forum

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Whose Bob Hay, director? Not listed as a director of Accies at Companies House. :?:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:42 pm

McGowan staying well clear, What a surprise. NOT
smc4761
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:07 pm

B*gg* it! Missing the Ayr game and now missing an overdue face to face forum. First one I've missed :x

Hopefully, someone will post a full report of the procedings.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm

I’ll be going and will note take as will others no doubt, and while it’s good to have these events honestly what are you expecting to here that we haven't heard already. And what’s more we are getting the puppets not the puppet masters. Not one of the owners is making an appearance. When Maitland took over as Chair, Ronnie said nothing would change. The 2 strategic objectives remain the same, youth development and our ‘social interaction’ with the community. The one thing I would settle for would be for McGoofy to sell up and move on. Replace him with a CEO who is competent and passionate about the club and football and overnight you would see a sea change. Razor sharp focus on the commercial side the sole aim of which would be to power the football side including the Academy.That would include real fan engagement in the running of the business not McGoofys volunteers. AINT GOING TO HAPPEN :cry:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Did the fans forum go ahead. And was it exactly as we thought it was going to be. Youth policy blah blah blah
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:57 pm

Yes it did but I’m too busy addressing a steak and a bottle of red to do a summary. Maitland asked for patience while Stuart turns things round but otherwise nothing earth shattering.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby ASA » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:30 pm

Thank you to all those who attended tonight's Fans Forum and took the time to ask Allan Maitland and Stuart Taylor any questions they had.

For those not able to attend, we will be posting a full transcript of the questions asked and answers received in the coming days.
ASA
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:51 pm

Will be interested to see what ASA’s transcript looks like compared to my take on this event. Fair doos to Maitland. It’s not pleasant dealing with a largely ‘cynical’ fanbase me included, particularly after another home defeat.

Anyway Maitland was joined by Stan after his media duties. If Hay and Doherty where present they didn’t participate. McGoofy was at the back of the hall but cleared off before the forum commenced. A show of bravado to the fans. “This is my stadium and I couldn’t care less about the clubs fans.

Maitlands opening remarks were to ask for patience from the fans. We need a bit of experience and tried to do that during the close season.

He was asked about Temps and acknowledged he was the highest earner at the club. Could be 2 weeks could be 2 months. Basically doesn’t know when he will be back. Pressed on whether we should settle his contract to free up money for the squad he reminded the forum that Temps had a contract but then conceded he might have to have that conversation with him!

Asked why we had been relegated and basically said we were not good enough but did refer to COVID and injuries as playing a part.

Asked whether Stan had a say re the coaching team. No and he that is Maitland was happy with coaching team. If Stan came to him further down the line and felt changes were needed then look at it. But I get the impression that’s not on the agenda.

Asked about the Astro turf. We are sticking with it. It puts us at the heart of the community.

Asked about all the academy players coming into the squad and that they weren’t ready he acknowledged that they were not physically ready for the first team.

Asked about Jamie and Lewis contract situation. Confirmed they had been talking to their agents for some time but didn’t want to say anymore. Got the impression the club is doing all it can to secure them on longer contracts but agents have other ideas as was the case with Ferguson.

Asked what would success look like. Maitland said top 4 but acknowledged at the moment it was about staying in the league.

Stan did have a few words to say about the need to change the losing culture and I think he alluded to a lack of leader on the park.

Probably a lot more but I didn’t pick anything new up. One of the least productive forums and at times fans seemed to be talking over each other.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am

2.0ther items I forgot. Asked about a striker Maitland seemed to confirm that we had deals lined up for 2 but at the last minute they went elsewhere for better money. One was clearly ollie Shaw. Then asked was in not time to improve the player budget No was the answer.

Asked about Mcgoofys off the field activities. The stadium and club are 2 different things! but it's important to raise every penny we can and it all goes to the club.

Essentially no change then in strategy on or off the park.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:16 pm

ASA wrote:For those not able to attend, we will be posting a full transcript of the questions asked and answers received in the coming days.

Is ‘the coming days’ the same as ‘whatever it takes’
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:44 am

To be fair ASA have it up on WAH Facebook page,so I can imagine it will be on here soon.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies