Lewis Ferguson

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Lewis Ferguson

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Young Lewis doesn’t believe in club loyalty does he? Aberdeen knocked back a supposed £2 million bid from Watford for him so he has submitted a transfer request. We are due at least 5% of any transfer fee assuming he eventually gets his wish.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/05/19/club-s ... -ferguson/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Lewis Ferguson

Postby smc4761 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Decent player and we of course could do with the money. But as TT says he is hardly showing loyalty to either Accies or Aberdeen.

If he did go to Watford and say they get relegated, expect to see another transfer request
smc4761
Premiership

Postby FergiesBawls » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Do Accies get any money from Aberdeen now he's a full internationalist?
FergiesBawls
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:34 pm

Yes and No. Becoming a full internationalist means his transfer value might go up and that means we could get more. If he moves on a transfer from Aberdeen anytime upto age 23 then the rules say Accies get 5% of the fee as a further development payment. In addition we are apparently entitled to an additional 5% of the fee for what UEFA call a ‘solidarity’ payment. In effect Accies get 10% of the transfer fee. I think the initial Watford bid was £2 million se we would have got 200k.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Even if we do get money it won't go to the fiotball department. Maybe help pay for the dinosaur exhibition.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:13 pm

Gav wrote:Even if we do get money it won't go to the fiotball department. Maybe help pay for the dinosaur exhibition.

I thought it would have been a Disney exhibition with McGoofy as the Star Attraction in the overall Mickey Mouse operation?

And does being fielded as a substitute qualify as being 'capped'? I thought players had to actually get onto the pitch even for a few seconds at the end of the game to be considered for a cap as actually having 'played' for their country. I was at the game and Ferguson did not come on.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby RealHoopsFan » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:06 am

porcupine wrote:
Gav wrote:Even if we do get money it won't go to the fiotball department. Maybe help pay for the dinosaur exhibition.

I thought it would have been a Disney exhibition with McGoofy as the Star Attraction in the overall Mickey Mouse operation?

And does being fielded as a substitute qualify as being 'capped'? I thought players had to actually get onto the pitch even for a few seconds at the end of the game to be considered for a cap as actually having 'played' for their country. I was at the game and Ferguson did not come on.

He was an injury time sub against Denmark!
RealHoopsFan
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:04 pm

Whoops! Missed that. Good, however, if Accies get some dosh from it for football use only.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Second cap tonight. Came on in the 89th minute.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies