Financial Armegeddon?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Financial Armegeddon?

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: So if I was drawing up a crisis management plan to address the significant financial drop in income I would be looking to the fan base and how to grow it.

So how would you grow it? You could:-

1. Provide 7 seasons of top flight football to watch.
2. Throughout that period offer the lowest patg pricing.
3. Offer season tickets at approximately half the price of the next cheapest in the division.
4. Offer Kid's tickets at £14 for the whole season.
5. Offer 2 free kid's season tickets when an adult buys a single season ticket.
6. Not sure the above is ambitious enough so you could change it to 4 kid's season tickets free.
7. Allow season ticket holders to bring a friend along for free on a few games a season.
8. Not sure that's ambitious enough either so increase that to bringing along 2 friends for free.
9. Charge 10 pence for entry to a game.
10. Put a youth scheme in place so hundreds of kids every week train after school with Accies on the actual pitch - surely some will get the bug.

Surely some of that would work?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:39 pm

How about putting a team out that improves every season ... maybe that would work ??
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Can’t argue with Glasgow Accie. Play attractive football and win an occasional game at home, offer some hope of success in cup competitions and whatever the pricing structure you will attract fans. I pay what it takes home and away to follow the team and will continue to do so. But to really grow the fan base will require 2 fundamental things which I accept are not going to happen.

1. The club is essentially now a youth academy, part of which includes a senior team. Rice has kept his job not because of results but because he has played youth whenever he can. Until the tail stops wagging the dog and the first team squad is the core focus of limited resources nothing will change on the park while we are in the Premiership.

2. Off the field the club needs a full time CEO with 2 attributes currently missing, a passion for football as well as business acumen. Not someone who has hijacked the clubs’ charitable trust, overseen the loss of 800k from the bank account, publicly associated the club with individuals like George Galloway, piss off South Lanarkshire Council with his negotiating skills, all the while treating the fans as nothing but a nuisance. After all they ONLY (his words) contribute £97k via season tickets. Must be the only club that relies on a ‘volunteer’ model and the only volunteers who are fans that I can identify are the SLO and Scott Struthers. Remember when Maitland became chair. He wanted to increase the fan base and even suggested fans attending board meetings. I think he was genuine but I’m pretty sure the real powers that be behind the chair put a stop to such silly notions.

The support or a significant section of it have recently set up a new Supporters Association. I’m not a member but hopefully the club will reach out and listen to their representatives and listen to their ideas.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:40 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote: So if I was drawing up a crisis management plan to address the significant financial drop in income I would be looking to the fan base and how to grow it.

So how would you grow it? You could:-

1. Provide 7 seasons of top flight football to watch.
2. Throughout that period offer the lowest patg pricing.
3. Offer season tickets at approximately half the price of the next cheapest in the division.
4. Offer Kid's tickets at £14 for the whole season.
5. Offer 2 free kid's season tickets when an adult buys a single season ticket.
6. Not sure the above is ambitious enough so you could change it to 4 kid's season tickets free.
7. Allow season ticket holders to bring a friend along for free on a few games a season.
8. Not sure that's ambitious enough either so increase that to bringing along 2 friends for free.
9. Charge 10 pence for entry to a game.
10. Put a youth scheme in place so hundreds of kids every week train after school with Accies on the actual pitch - surely some will get the bug.

Surely some of that would work?

At the end of the day, football is entertainment. If the product is poor, then the custom will drop. Look at the crowds home and away in 2014.

The club have routinely distanced themselves from the fans, and say and do things which not only don't reflect the views of supporters, but go completely against them.

The club have spent 10 of the last 13 seasons in the top flight, yet not progressed at all. If a football club wishes to grow its support, then it needs to be playing at a high level, to be providing a quality matchday experience, and occasionally reach cup SFs and Finals - Hamilton haven't reached a cup semi final for 41 years.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed May 05, 2021 12:05 am

Interesting that UEFA refuse a European licence to County Livy, us according to BBC website about St Midden. Lack of financial transparency and instability being some of the reasons mentioned. Couldn't be us, surely?[list=][/list]
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Saw that Porcupine. Full story here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56982709

its a bit difficult to ascertain why we have been refused. The financial implications of the stadium rental loss and relegation if it comes to that won't be felt until next season so presumably the SFA have based their decisions on the here and now. I know one of the reasons livingston got refused was because they hadnt submitted their accounts in time. Accies football club accounts for year ended 2019 were submitted at the end of May last year so the accounts for year ended 2020 must be due soon.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed May 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Can't imagine the scam loss of nearly £1M escaped UEFA's beady eyes :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 26, 2021 11:23 pm

Some more doom and gloom on the state of the stadiums’ finances. Now the entire north stand is empty, the stadium company as owners still have to cough up the business rates for the space. The tenants between them were paying about 100k a year. While they are unoccupied the stadium company get a 50% discount for the first 3 months and thereafter 10%. So long term if the space remains unoccupied the stadium company and effectively Accies are going to have to find an additional 90k a year for rates for the north stand on top of the lost rental income. Aye it’s all going smoothly.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu May 27, 2021 7:11 pm

aldoaccie wrote: Coming soon to a billboard near you:-
“Persimmon development, New Douglas Park, Hamilton. Selling fast”.
Nothing would surprise me with this Board.

That was posted way back in December, aldo. You have a long nose!! Back to ground sharing with nearest football club. Blantyre Vics?? :lol:

But, wait a minute, is it not the case that our Stadium CEO has everything financial under control??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:21 pm

I see our stadium sponsors Foys are under threat from Companies House having failed to post their accounts for the last financial year. Usually when Companies House issue a first strike notice the affected company gets the finger out and the strike off notice is rescinded. One to keep an eye on me thinks. Foys actually rent office accommodation in the main stand alongside a sister company Exongenics. I just hope we get all the promised sponsorship out of them if they end up bust.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/docu ... 760698e171
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:45 pm

Strike off Notice now Gazetted on 29 June. No response within 2 months and their gone!
Looked at WSA Healthcare/Holdings Ltd with 1Million shares in what?? Dormant Company.

Yest another 'snake' of companies with little visible assets shown on Companies House records.

Sponsorship monies??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Just finished reading this book by Michael McEwan :-

The Ghosts of Cathkin Park: The Inside Story of Third Lanark's Demise

An excellent well researched piece which reveals what happens when the wrong individuals have control of a football club. Read it and weep. At the end just 300 fans attended 3rds last home game and the players received their wages in coppers straight from the gate money.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Trust you are not planning to be a ghost writer for any football club that you think may be in similar circumstances,TT? we've done enough comments over the last few seasons on the title of this subject to fill more than one chapter, though!!

Will check out your book recommendation. Thanks ;)
porcupine
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies