Accies .V. St. Johnstone - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. St. Johnstone - MATCH THREAD

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 am

Canning's record was embarrassing against our opponents today and highlighted how he was miles behind a club who we should be seeking to emulate.

As for the game,hopefully they have one eye on their Scottish Cup tie this weekend and we take advantage and another attacking performance will do nicely thanks.

On a side note,has Tommy Wright ever appeared in the same room as Arlene Foster?Twinsareus.com lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:25 am

Arlene Foster apparently hates the frequently made comparison to Tommy.
Tommy,on the other hand,is said to love the compliment.
Mon the Accies.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Begs.hafc » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:40 pm

C'mon the real hoops. Get right intae them!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Jeezo - Andreu and Miller on the bench and Imrie on from the start!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Well then, finally beat our bogey team!!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:50 pm

Following from the other side of the world. Knew I would have jinxed it if I’d been there YESSSSS.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Gate : 1174
Absolutely PATHETIC. :shock:
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:32 pm

Who gives a shit?
Enjoy the moment.
The ones who missed it well it's their loss.
And anyway the Perth twats only brought about 40 fans a sheep dog and a tractor.
Well done Ricey Boy!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:47 pm

BELIEF!

That's what our new manager has given basically the same bunch of players in the last week. Thrilling attacking play, evereyone working hard for one another, both in attack and defence, Even after a lapse in concentration to leave a St K forward unmarked at the far post for their equaliser, we never looked like giving up. Had that happened in the previous regime, the heads would have gone down, and we would then have conceeded another and lost the game.

Davies was constant problem to the opposition defence, Winng headers, holding the ball up, and St J never got the time to make a pass with him up-front. Oakley had a terrific game too, and has a poacher's instinct for a goal (or two!),
Imrie hit too many wayward passes, IMO, and it looked like he was out of touch & pace for the tempo that Accies are now playing.
Lenny Sowah had by far his best game in an Accies shirt, and looked a better defender tonight that ever before. Ziggy, Killa again put in a great shift. Alex Gogic, I thought, could have been MOTM, with his winning tackles and great speed of recovery from attack to defence. Miller's quick feet made a huge difference, when he came on, for a tiring Boyd, who again worked very hard.

There were no failures tonight, and we got what we deserved. On this showing, the squad are more than capable of taking points off other teams. We might, just might, see a tenth place this season. Livvy are only 13 points ahead, and with a couple of six pointers still to come against them and St Mirren, who knows.

Well done, to Brian Rice, for recapturing the teams talent and producing a swashbuckiing performance tonight. Dad's with young boys I met on the way out, were buzzing with the turnaround, and all excited to come back for more of the same from their team. Keep it going!!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Just a tremendous team display. Only weak link was Imrie. Sowah was a revelation. Kilgallon won everything towards the end and then there was THAT tackle by Ziggy. Some ball from #22 for the winner. Wee Boyd was very fleet of foot, a handful for their defence. Well done Brian Rice ( and Allan Maitland!)
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Very enjoyable game, both sides went for it and for once we got the breaks v St Johnstone.
Last 5 minutes were tense but we held on well.
Glad I wrapped up and went along.
4 points from the first two games of the Rice era.
4 more from the next two would be great.
What a difference from the last few months.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 am

Thought we were excellent tonight, to a man. Except perhaps for Dougie, who looked a mile off the pace. Big Davies up front was superb, won every header and held the ball up all night. Oakley looks like a cracker, never stops running. And a couple of cracking poachers goals. Great substitutions again by BR,helped win the game. And Sowah was immense, up and down the left. All in all a fantastic result, and performance. Just a pity more of our fans can't be bothered to come out and support the team!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 am

I notice Mickel praising the Accies fans on Twitter .
Only 1000+ but we can make some noise when the team turn it on.
Onwards and Upwards.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 am

Wonderful stuff and a genuinely enjoyable game.

The more the manager sees, the more he will identify Imrie is past it. A sub may be his role soon. Apart from him, everyone did well, including Boyd who I'm not a fan of. The front two were outstanding and the defence were terrific for the most part, particularly Kilgallon winning all the headers and Ziggy's tackle of tackles towards the end.

We also have a wee bit of depth to the squad now and I am far more positive about us staying up than when the jumper was still in charge.

10 days til Hibs - can't wait :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 am

Hibs are on a downward spiral and uncertainty at the minute while they appoint their new Manager.
We on the other hand are bursting with confidence and seem instantly inspired by Rice.
Bring on the Hibees.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:00 am

Was a bit sceptical when the team was announced but cracking subs once again changed the game in our favour beating our eternal bogey team.

Special mentions to big Davies who led the line well,Oakley for doing what Keatings appears unable to do,Boyd who looks a different player under the new Gaffer and Ziggy for his match winning block at the end.

The only disappointing aspect was the crowd;obviously football on TV and midweek affected it,but was around a third less than Saturday.

Hopefully,the missing fans return as this team has skill and a fighting spirit last seen under Alex Neil.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:52 am

There's no way the missing fans will return if the flatulence problem in Section A continues YOH.
That was more honking than a burd from Airdrie!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 am

i’ve messaged the club to offer either of my daughter’s hands in marriage to Brian or any of his family.
It was a thrill to watch. Nervy, but satisfying. 3 points against each of Hibs and Sevco??
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:18 pm

aldoaccie wrote:i’ve messaged the club to offer either of my daughter’s hands in marriage to Brian or any of his family.
It was a thrill to watch. Nervy, but satisfying. 3 points against each of Hibs and Sevco??

Too late mate, I've told him he can shag me. :lol:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am

Tut,tut.
Leave this promiscuity to all the fuckers in North Lanarkshire.
FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives