St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: St. Mirren .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm

What's the odds on Accies blowing a 2 goal lead?
Not seeing in out till half time could prove pivotal.
Oh, I forgot,Accies never lose from a winning position.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:24 pm

What a goal from James Keatings, 3-1 up now.

If only we looked so motivated against every other team in the league, we would all be happy!

Mon the Accies'
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Canning MUST stay.

Thats what is so infuriating about the guy, he can get the team to play well, most of the players are decent enough, he just needs to bring out the best of them, which he rarely does.

Couple surprises, Accies not chucking away a lead, and scoring instead of conceding from free kicks

Credit where its due, another 3 points in the bag and Canning now safe again from the push until at least start of next year

Be interesting to see our crowd at next home game
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm

What a difference a Keatings make. Set up the first 2 goals and scores a tremendous third. Someone explain to me why he hasn’t been a regular start. But of course he came off with what looked like a leg injury so who knows when he will feature again? The new keeper looked solid wouldn’t blame him for the st Mirren goal. Overall we looked more up for it than saint Mirren. Saints did come out for the second half with their tales up but Keatings goal completely deflated them followed up by the sending off. 242 of an away support which is not bad all considering. Onwards and upwards to Dundee
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Good atmosphere today...we only sing when we’re winning ;)
Worth the effort to go, matched by the effort of the team. Great goal from Keatings and a great view from directly behind the goal.
Bring on the Dundee and Hibees.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Result wise absolute gold dust.

Performance wise, more at than previous weeks but did we really put st mirren under any pressure at times, probably not.

Apart for the 3 goals I don’t recall they’re keeper making a save and even playing 10 we never really dictated the game the way we should’ve and you would’ve thought we had the 10 men.

2 brilliant deliveries from set plays from keatings and a breakaway goal for keatings was really all we threatened them with all game. Was their an imrie effort in the first half ?

As for mucha, never got really tested consistently and was unlucky for their goal as he got a decent punch on it but players not anticipating the 2nd ball cost us a poor goal.

No lose on Wednesday
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:38 am

Martin is God.
Where are all the un-believers now?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Hammy-hoops » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Good team performance, a great result made for a really good Saturday afternoon. Players were nervous against 10 men but not surprising taking into account recent results, pressure on all of them especially there manager.
Apart from result what really made the day was our support as we got behind the team from first kick. Lets keep the positivity at Dundee, get behind the team & get a result.
Hammy-hoops
Pub League

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Well that was much better. Credit to the players and manager for at least going for it and not surrendering before we started. 3rd goal was a belter and I'm glad Keatings played an integral part as he offers so much more than Bingham.

Spent the day and the game amongst the Saints fans and their seethe was immensely pleasing, as well as not making much sense. One belter was complaining at Saints having to suffer our 200 fans and time-wasting tactics, as if they were bloody Barcelona. I asked him what the score was and his response was lovely. Its not what happens off the pitch, its what happens on it that matters. What a great day. :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 am

I actually find it refreshing to see that nobody is getting carried away with this result, a bit of maturity among the accies support is great.

We still have a massive fight this season and we all know it.

Do i believe we will avoid 12th spot? After watching St. Mirren most defiantly, 3 points on Wednesday will be massive even at this stage of the season.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm

I really enjoyed that on Saturday.

Defence looked good. Clever by Canning to get Ziggy off at that point (credit where it is due).

I thought the support was good on Saturday and the atmosphere was much better than expected.

Can't wait until Wednesday now (such a big game).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm

It's not often you see the word's clever and Canning in the same sentence but fair play to him.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives