Serious Question

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Serious Question

Postby sectiona » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:43 pm

We have a chairman who has stated in the past that he dislikes football and wouldn't care what division we were playing as long as the charities continue to benefit as it seems that more money is being invested in the activities round the stadium than the team itself.

As a fan of the Accies what are your views on this?
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Re: Serious Question

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:31 am

Do they bring the chickens indoors in the winter?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby sectiona » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Everyone must be happy with the situation.

There is more divide now between the Stadium company and football club than there was during the Watson years,oh thats right they are the 1 company now.zzzzzzzzzz
sectiona
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 pm

People taking Money out the club is just as bad as the Watson day!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Seems folk are only interested about a meal they got at a previous fans forum. Utter tripe on that other thread.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Except the chairman didn't say that did he? You just made it up.

We are in probably in the second most successful period in our history, taken there by a regime that took us from the absolute brink.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:45 pm

I say with all my heart that I’d rather drop down a division than risk betraying the people we’re trying to help. Between the ambition of the club and the needs of the town I think we’ve got the balance just right. Mind you, what the hell do I know about football? … ”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ ... -1-3973707
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:12 pm

This is an old article from December 2015. Mind you, has anything changed about having a Chief Executive who appears uninterested in football?

I assume C McG is the CEO of only the Stadium Company and, NOT, the Football Club? :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Except the chairman didn't say that did he? You just made it up.

We are in probably in the second most successful period in our history, taken there by a regime that took us from the absolute brink.

I think you'll find he ment Colin McGowan the chief executive and he never brought us back from the brink. when our saviours brought us back from the brink McGowan was threatening to kill off Raith rovers and sell the ground for flats.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Except the chairman didn't say that did he? You just made it up.

I think you'll find he ment Colin McGowan the chief executive and he never brought us back from the brink. when our saviours brought us back from the brink McGowan was threatening to kill off Raith rovers and sell the ground for flats.

Well there is so much lies and fake news put out there its difficult to know when folk are confused or otherwise. McGowan's role is clear, he is putting out there that there are plenty of football people at the club and he is putting his time and efforts into other activities that sit with the club's community ethos. McGowan is now part of the regime and his presence as part of the overall delivery model of the club has not stopped us fighting to achieve 4 seasons in the top flight for the first time since Hitler was enjoying the pre war years.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Seems folk are only interested about a meal they got at a previous fans forum. Utter tripe on that other thread.

What a load of crap this statement is BH.

I am not more interested in a free meal provided by the club.

I think that a change of direction is required at the top in Accies - but how do you propose we achieve that ?
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 am

Serious question.

Who is actually behind and supporting the boycott. On one hand it appears to be a single letter from a fan but on the other it's supported or at least being publicised by WAH on Facebook whilst the twitter version of WAH are apparently separate and it's not their campaign ???

Despite them re tweeting versions of the media story with them identified as the group behind it the twitter version of WAH say it's separate from them and not their campaign????

For me any boycott, particularly when things are in the balance, is beneath contempt.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:45 am

Serious question.

Who is actually behind and supporting the boycott. On one hand it appears to be a single letter from a fan but on the other it's supported or at least being publicised by WAH on Facebook whilst the twitter version of WAH are apparently separate and it's not their campaign ???

Despite them re tweeting versions of the media story with them identified as the group behind it the twitter version of WAH say it's separate from them and not their campaign????

For me any boycott, particularly when things are in the balance, is beneath contempt.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:53 pm

There is no boycott it was for the media to try and get a meeting with the board . Some fans feel the direction of the club is wrong, just because you don't see a problem doesn't.mean their isn't 1 .

Strikers not smackheads.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:09 pm

You expect the board to take seriously a group of fans or alleged group of fans that put out fake news re boycotts and push it out to the media and their fellow fans ? Really?

So lies and half truths from some fans is the route to meaningful dialogue with the club?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:16 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:You expect the board to take seriously a group of fans or alleged group of fans that put out fake news re boycotts and push it out to the media and their fellow fans ? Really?

So lies and half truths from some fans is the route to meaningful dialogue with the club?

haha your actually raging here
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Yeah I'm raging people who I disagree with have lived up to their halfwit reputation / title. :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies