33%
Massimo Donati
67%
Billy Reid
No votes

Total votes : 6

Cannings replacement

Postby H9crx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:09 am

Now we all know that he will not walk and will not get the boot!

The two polls ran this week showed that only red and white wants to keep him.

If we do replace him who would you like?
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Cannings replacement

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:47 am

Interesting as I had no idea the polls were on the go and certainly didn't vote. However a quick bit of research showed that people did vote to keep The Boss. So yet again the post fact agenda is alive and well, strangers to both simple accuracy and spelling.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:28 am

Lovely thought but we all know we could get thumped 10-0 by the Well and the board will still say Martin is doing a fantastic job
but since we are talking about prospective new managers how about Henrik Larsson ?
Nice stepping stone for him possibly?
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Yes and your research would find that well fans etc also voted to keep him.

Can Larson still play? We need a striker!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:52 pm

Are you honestly expecting us to believe that you can spell Beuzelin and Donati's names correctly but Imrie and Murray is beyond you?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby WAC » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:53 pm

The poll on the WAH Facebook page was overwhelmingly in favour of canning going. And even the twitter one was 80/20 which was an open poll that anyone could vote in.

Canning has last the fans plain and simple. This will be obvious with the reaction when we get pumped on Saturday .

I want John Hughes
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Interesting as I had no idea the polls were on the go and certainly didn't vote. However a quick bit of research showed that people did vote to keep The Boss. So yet again the post fact agenda is alive and well, strangers to both simple accuracy and spelling.

P**ck
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 pm

WAC wrote:The poll on the WAH Facebook page was overwhelmingly in favour of canning going. And even the twitter one was 80/20 which was an open poll that anyone could vote in.

Canning has last the fans plain and simple. This will be obvious with the reaction when we get pumped on Saturday .

I want John Hughes

Spelling mistake in there. Redlandwhite1874 will now bully you and ridicule you as he is a coward that hides behind a silly name.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:38 pm

The idea that when things go wrong the manager is to blame - and the solution is to sack him - is as prevalent in football as it is facile. It costs money, and there's no evidence it works.

Replacing Canning could perhaps raise us to the giddy heights of 6th/7th. Or condemn us to 12th and relegation. Or it may make no difference whatsoever.

Fans are fickle, and if we win 2 or 3 of the games coming up, those calling for Canning to go will fall silent.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby WAC » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:The idea that when things go wrong the manager is to blame - and the solution is to sack him - is as prevalent in football as it is facile. It costs money, and there's no evidence it works.

Replacing Canning could perhaps raise us to the giddy heights of 6th/7th. Or condemn us to 12th and relegation. Or it may make no difference whatsoever.

Fans are fickle, and if we win 2 or 3 of the games coming up, those calling for Canning to go will fall silent.

I've been calling for clownzo to go since this time last year after Annan 4-1 . Nothingness changed apart from now we are joint bottom of the league clubs going backwards under him.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:The idea that when things go wrong the manager is to blame - and the solution is to sack him - is as prevalent in football as it is facile. It costs money, and there's no evidence it works.

I won't. Should of been sacked long before now. Sack Canning now make Donati caretaker and save our season. I want to see something I've never seen as an accies fan before and that is top flight football for a 4th season in a row and Canning is ruining that dream. The guy is a clueless dud and tbh now looks lost now in tech area and has run out of limited ideas he had. Get Donati in now with the help of mainland
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Are you honestly expecting us to believe that you can spell Beuzelin and Donati's names correctly but Imrie and Murray is beyond you?

Don't worry he more than made up for it on PnB.

' Boslan' :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:06 pm

:D :D :D :D

I have missed you my red and white troll!

What name are you using now on PnB ? Fat James Wilson Vincent Savile? Would be apt for you!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:42 pm

John Hughes fits the bill for me:plays good football,picks up journeymen players who can do a job and would keep us up.

As for Canning,guy should never have been given the job after the 5-0 at Firhill.The scattergun approach to signings by the BOD hasn't helped him,but playing players out of position,bad substitutions and his all round demeanour is not what we need.
This is the case even if we win tomorrow.New signings:a right back if not going to play Breslin in and a decent striker are needed in this window.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:54 pm

What is it about getting Breslin in at right back I don't get it the lad Reilly has played there for about 3 seasons and looks more than capable would also have liked to see him even step forward one as his pace and work rate would certainly offered us something different
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies123 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Really? Donati??? He is starting to get dropped off, we don't even know if he holds an A licence that is what you need to take care of a team in the spl.
And we would go from a no experience manager to a no experience manager that cannot even speak proper English. He may help us stay up as a player but really does anyone think that he would be a good manager?
accies123
Pub League

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Utterly bizarre. What are you basing this Donati appointment on?! Absolutely no hint of any managerial ability so far, exactly the thing that's aimed at Canning every day on here. I thought it was surprising enough we offered him a contract with a view to stepping into coaching with us, let alone people now suggesting him as a manager. There must be literally dozens of folk better suited (i.e. actually a manager) before you jump to Donati.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:44 pm

This ^^^ or as the longest serving manager in England described it excessive reaction - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38428142

I've no doubt that Canning got lucky after the Annan and Celtic debacles, some other clubs may not of been so patient but ultimately the Accies BoD were proven correct as Accies stayed up while the teams around about them who sacked managers ended up in the play offs / got relegated. As a rule in any walk of life if you achieve your job objective you don't get sacked.

This season up until recently we were sitting 8th and until the run of 4 fixtures against the stand out teams in the division had only been beaten once in 10 games (aren't stats wonderful). Every other team (all with substantially greater budgets) in that bottom 7 have been in similar positions in that they have had difficult runs of fixtures and have dropped into the bottom 2. To date none of these teams have sacked managers so the argument often repeated that any other team would of parted company with their manager simply holds no water.

I get that some fans don't rate Canning and I don't argue that a couple of performances recently have been poor but leave me out of the pitchfork and torches witch hunt of the Accies fans social media.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Just to add that list of potential replacements is frightening, it would be nice to see Donati approach anywhere near average as a player before being considered for the manager's role.

Also where is Richard Roy on that list (perhaps the most written about player on this forum)? Now that would almost be as hilarious as "Clownzo".
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:27 am

H9crx wrote::D :D :D :D

I have missed you my red and white troll!

What name are you using now on PnB ? Fat James Wilson Vincent Savile? Would be apt for you!

You started this thread challenging me so don't bottle it when slagged about Boslan :D, or about your lies about polls.

As others have pointed out your alternatives are shocking. 2 people that are part of the current set up, a guy with zero coaching experience, a guy hounded out the club very much in the fashion we are seeing with The Boss, and a guy who failed massively at his last championship club. Just to add madness to idiocy you chuck in Larsson whose coaching record is pish.

The only surprise is you left out Hartley, the guy you describe as a proper manager, and perhaps that is why we are miles behind Dundee :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies