Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Postby accies1874 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Don't see the point of signing Roy if we intended to bring in another striker ? Would we not be better combining the 2 wages to get a better option ?

No. That'd be too sensible.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 pm

Two strikers who miss the net is better than one that can find the net!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:59 pm

If I remember correctly Bingham was highly thought of at one point. Typical Accies buy where we give someone who never quite fulfilled their potential another chance at making it.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:55 pm

accie wrote:If I remember correctly Bingham was highly thought of at one point. Typical Accies buy where we give someone who never quite fulfilled their potential another chance at making it.

Well maybe one punt is a worthwhile effort; but two? The mere presence of one makes the opportunities for the other even less.

Unless one of them can cover left back as well :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:47 pm

I notice on P&B that Dundee posters are giving Loy dog's abuse for his performance and attitude. Was he not flavour of the month that we should have been signing, a while back?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:I notice on P&B that Dundee posters are giving Loy dog's abuse for his performance and attitude. Was he not flavour of the month that we should have been signing, a while back?

Yes, registration plate was outraged that we hadn't burst the bank to sign this "superstar".
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Gaspode wrote:
Don van Vliet wrote:I notice on P&B that Dundee posters are giving Loy dog's abuse for his performance and attitude. Was he not flavour of the month that we should have been signing, a while back?

Yes, registration plate was outraged that we hadn't burst the bank to sign this "superstar".

Yes we should have bust the budget for Loy, Stewart, Hemmings and Hartley, as he was a proper manager, and Dundee are a club that show ambition. This sure fire way to success, saw us draw with Dundee last night, and with all this apparent quality (and us with poor players and manager) Dundee finished a massive 5 points above us last year :lol: :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Now confirmed on Accies twitter, Rakish Bingham signs.

A couple of comments from Pools fans: Bingham is one of the biggest examples of a "confidence player" I've ever seen. When things are going right for him he's excellent. Sadly when he lost form he was awful.

Hope he sorts his career out, I'll always want the players who came in and kept us up to do well.

Talented footballer has all the attributes to be a good footballer, something is obviously missing for now possibly a bit of mental toughness and arrogance/self belief. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up being a decent player at a higher level than Pools.

Although some of them seem to somehow believe they are at a higher level than us:

Will get a few goals up there, I'm sure the goals are bigger or the keepers have no hands.

Might find his level don't hold your breath would have trouble scoring in a brothel

Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Now confirmed on Accies twitter, Rakish Bingham signs.

A couple of comments from Pools fans: Bingham is one of the biggest examples of a "confidence player" I've ever seen. When things are going right for him he's excellent. Sadly when he lost form he was awful.

Hope he sorts his career out, I'll always want the players who came in and kept us up to do well.

Talented footballer has all the attributes to be a good footballer, something is obviously missing for now possibly a bit of mental toughness and arrogance/self belief. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up being a decent player at a higher level than Pools.

Although some of them seem to somehow believe they are at a higher level than us:

Will get a few goals up there, I'm sure the goals are bigger or the keepers have no hands.

Might find his level don't hold your breath would have trouble scoring in a brothel

I want to be positive I rally do but, this is the usual cheep ass punt again on a striker.

Now the DD may not be happy with Loy but Loy has scored more goals in on year than this guy in his life.

If confidence is an issue we will sort that with Mr arms folded coaching him and probably let go by November.

Red and white I await your instant reply and cheep dig!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Hopefully he can kick start his career with us. However if he is a confidence player, being a relagation scrap may not boost his confidence too much. Career stats below
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=72130
smc4761
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 pm

He's scored more goals than Offiong did before joining and after leaving us.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:14 pm

Come on, Guys, (& Gals). We have been calling for a striker for ages. This one is 6ft and not a lightweight. At 12stone, he looks correct for that height. We have previously signed small players. This is someone to whom we can launch a punt and hopefully he can head a ball either into the net, or provide knock=downs for others.

Let's give him a chance, and hope that he is more effective on his first outing as Shaka was on the one2one :oops:

Q: Does MC have the balls to start him on Saturday against the Staggies?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 am

Well, I think we should give this young man a warm welcome. He may be a great footballer, he may turn out to be a great disappointment, but we should at least give him a good chance to establish himself. I wonder how many minutes of actual playing time he will be allowed before some decide that their views that he is a 'cheap ass punt' are confirmed. But then some like to make up their minds before seeing anything happen on the pitch, let alone before giving him time to settle in. It's a shame.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 am

Don van Vliet wrote: But then some like to make up their minds before seeing anything happen on the pitch, let alone before giving him time to settle in. It's a shame.

That would be the club!

Congo Chriss
Sumsky
Diaby
Scotland's ex wife's new Man

All on a long line of p,alerts who have minutes on the pitch be four disappearing or being asked to collect ther kit for bothwell services.

Thes players are punts by the club.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:46 am

It would be great if he can come in and settle quickly but I am struggling with the logic of signing him and Roy.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 pm

tom hately seems to be available just now.

could he play at right back?
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:38 pm

rubenthedog wrote:tom hately seems to be available just now.

could he play at right back?

From what's been said so far I think we are looking for a left back and Gills and Lyon will cover right back.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I think scotland getting a team into the champions league means decent money for teams in the premier, so no excuses re a left back ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:49 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:I think scotland getting a team into the champions league means decent money for teams in the premier, so no excuses re a left back ?

Does each team not get about £100k? Remember being a little conflicted when Malmo fought back last year and papped them out, as it meant us missing out on this windfall.

Maybe MC should chance his arm and see if a certain Polish chess player fancies coming back!

Update - £250,000 according to Andy McG.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Dan Seaborne now confirmed. Given No.2 shirt. Hope he's not going to be played at right back, Thistle fans say he is a centre half, nothing else.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies