Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer Activity - Summer 2016 edition

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:46 pm

cdisaaccie wrote:Some proper heads gone reactions on Twitter about Ziggy signing for Partick but at end of the day if he decided he wanted to leave & his mind was made up can we complain if he ends up at team in same league?

Thistle do have money coming in from the Weirs who won over £100 millon on the Euromillions so are probably able to offer a decent whack more in wages than we can at this point.

He said it wasn't about money, it was about ambition to go further. What is he gonna do with Partick exactly?
I mean..if it was Aberdeen or something as rumoured, I'd have been ok with it.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby acciescwilson » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:27 pm

I agree, some of the stuff that people are saying on Twitter against the club is outrageous imo. The advertiser is saying that we should have deals announced by the end of the week (before the game at Ayr) for certain ,hopefully three or four guys coming in including a "premiership class goalkeeper". I personally don't have an issue with Ziggy and Partick, it could be worse, could be scummy well
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Isn't the Weir's money solely for their youth set up?

Agree about that twitter site but have to agree re no strip announcement just days before the season starts. We're always at the arse end when it comes to strips.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:24 pm

judgeflash wrote:
cdisaaccie wrote:Some proper heads gone reactions on Twitter about Ziggy signing for Partick but at end of the day if he decided he wanted to leave & his mind was made up can we complain if he ends up at team in same league?

Thistle do have money coming in from the Weirs who won over £100 millon on the Euromillions so are probably able to offer a decent whack more in wages than we can at this point.

He said it wasn't about money, it was about ambition to go further. What is he gonna do with Partick exactly?
I mean..if it was Aberdeen or something as rumoured, I'd have been ok with it.

This^^^

Not showing much ambition ,moving from one relegation candidate to another .....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Nobody begrudged Ziggy his move away from Accies to further his career.

However, as others have mentioned, I fail to see how moving to Partick is showing ambition.....it lacks ambition, in my opinion.

It's very disappointing, to be honest.

He has moved from one relegation prospect to another.......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:33 pm

So from last seasons starting eleven we have lost McGovern, ziggy, morris and Lucas. Four big players for us and with five days till our season starts we have brought in a grand total of zero while others around us strengthen. We have no strip or sponsor announced (the biggest in our history mind) and also renamed the stadium without bothering to tell anyone. Accies great PR strikes again.

We have by far the cheapest season tickets in the Premier league but don't think it worthwhile to put an advert in a local paper or distribute flyers to schools, clubs, pubs, shops anywhere. What's the point of encouraging new fans with a great deal mind you if they are going to be served up dross.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:So from last seasons starting eleven we have lost McGovern, ziggy, morris and Lucas. Four big players for us and with five days till our season starts we have brought in a grand total of zero while others around us strengthen. We have no strip or sponsor announced (the biggest in our history mind) and also renamed the stadium without bothering to tell anyone. Accies great PR strikes again.

We have by far the cheapest season tickets in the Premier league but don't think it worthwhile to put an advert in a local paper or distribute flyers to schools, clubs, pubs, shops anywhere. What's the point of encouraging new fans with a great deal mind you if they are going to be served up dross.

I have it on vvvvvvvvvvery good authority that Donatti is in Scotland with our squad ready to sign, also the Latvian guy is apparently a friend of Kurakins and is also set to sign. It's a shame our club couldn't keep us informed.

Also and I quote "it's a hard time just now, everyones in for everyone, so it's hard trying to get good guys in"
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:32 pm

I suppose they'll only inform us when there is something to say. Doesn't excuse us being probably the only side in the country not to have unveiled their strip for the new season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:06 pm

Donati would be a good signing.
Last payday, but unlikely to be massive wages, so he's here for other reasons if he signs.
He'd encourage the young players and be an example of what's acheivable if you train hard and look after yourself.

Happy with the Latvian guy too, although don't know much about him other than Wikipedia
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:07 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:I suppose they'll only inform us when there is something to say. Doesn't excuse us being probably the only side in the country not to have unveiled their strip for the new season.

Would 'we are working on 2 potential signings for saturday' not sound better than silence? when they've all but signed anyways.
We all know our clubs PR is a joke, the strip etc is another thing, if we don't invest in some good talent, day one could be a kicking.
What potential new fans are gonna be attracted to a club that operates this way, I just don't know.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby acciescwilson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 am

The new kit has been unveiled today and it was certainly worth the wait. It is absolutely stunning. I like the little fade thing on the white hoops personally. We have also unveiled the stadium as being the SuperSeal stadium and that is also our shirt sponsor. On the back of the kit we have two sponsors, NetBet and Tiger Turf, all we need now is some confirmations of signings and we'll be able to sleep
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:09 pm

The team pic just emphasises the lack of depth on the team and squad. Hopefully the plans bear fruit very quickly.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Very early for us to do the team pic. I take it there's nobody new in it?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 pm

I recall when we became safe the club stating that we can now put in place the plan to get new players!

This was about 3 months ago now! It must be Brexit stoping us getting our usual dose of trash wanting to come to the uk.

Where is the £££££if we could compete to get mc gloves V any team in Scotland but we can't beat them for ziggy.

Les is full of hot air!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Second young defender signed, this one perhaps more likely to figure in the first team - Jack Breslin from Celtic. Captained Scotland at U19 last season. Possibly three more to follow.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Do we have a keeper capable of playing in SPFL for this season?

Has Michael McGovern signed with anyone yet, if not I am really surprised after his heroics against Germany
smc4761
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:55 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Second young defender signed, this one perhaps more likely to figure in the first team - Jack Breslin from Celtic. Captained Scotland at U19 last season. Possibly three more to follow.

He was released by Celtic, which they maybe had a reason for? As far as I can see he's had 8 matches with the Scotland U19 squad.
So that's Donatti, Kurakins mate and Breslin signed? Hmmm.
Maybe Jason Scotland will come for another wee run with us ;)
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:34 pm

I heard he was only released because Rodgers wanted to cut back on the younger players and plough more money into buying the finished article. Going well so far!

Last I heard, it was unlikely Donatti was going to sign as he's seemingly asking for too much.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I heard he was only released because Rodgers wanted to cut back on the younger players and plough more money into buying the finished article. Going well so far!

Last I heard, it was unlikely Donatti was going to sign as he's seemingly asking for too much.

Regarding the lad Breslin what you say about him being released due to Rodgers cutting back would make more sense if he hadn't been released long before Rodgers took over jack I assume is a 20s player primarily but if does well like the rest of the youngsters he will get the chance to progress
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Hooper wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:I heard he was only released because Rodgers wanted to cut back on the younger players and plough more money into buying the finished article. Going well so far!

Regarding the lad Breslin what you say about him being released due to Rodgers cutting back would make more sense if he hadn't been released long before Rodgers took over jack I assume is a 20s player primarily but if does well like the rest of the youngsters he will get the chance to progress

This ^

I dunno who your source is, but if Donatti has been pre season, including tour and now in Scotland, I'm fairly sure the wages would've been sorted prior to him travelling to and from with the squad. I was told only a few days ago that Donatti should be finalised very soon, along with Kurakins mate *what im gonna call him till he turns out to be good*

The breslin thing was apparently down to Chris Mcart. This release was Pre-Brendan, might double check ya sources 8-) . He might turn out to be a great talent, probably leaning more towards him going into obscurity though, with our recent signings.

Actually, from all of Canning's signings, how many have actually remained?! Kurakins?
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies