Next Season.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Next Season.

Postby H9crx » Fri May 13, 2016 8:32 am

I would be happy with Martin and Bring in Cat

Let them fight it out for the #1, but please no more GK captains.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Fri May 13, 2016 11:28 am

Cant believe I agree with H9crx (only on the captain part) must be the 13th :shock:

Its got to be Dougie and Mikey as Vice.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Fri May 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Bonjella wrote:Cant believe I agree with H9crx (only on the captain part) must be the 13th :shock:

Its got to be Dougie and Mikey as Vice.

Dougie for captain 100% He leads be example and is seen to be respected by everyone *except mackinnon*.
Whilst Darian has had a few good games, he's more often than not a liability, he cant move the ball forward, always looking to move the ball backwards, he has a terrible temperament as well.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri May 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Darian is like a wee spoiled wean sometimes......fine and dandy if he's getting away with things ( dodgy tackles , nipping the refs and everybody else's ear.....) , but as soon as things don't go his way ( a wrong decision in his opinion , booked for a tackle , pulled up for talking back....) , then the toys are well and truly chucked out the pram .
On his game he is good at what he does ( break up play , win the ball back ...) , but he is not a captain of a top flight team .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri May 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Alan Martin is a big strong looking keeper who has shown serious loyalty by being on the bench for every first team game, without ever being called upon to play. We had two ever-presents, Ziggy and McGloves.
Martin MUST be given the chance to prove that he is more than capable to hold down the No1 jersey, but, like all othere SPL Clubs we need a good back-up. I'd also take Kevin Cuthbert back, assuming he would want to come, and accepting that he may not be the first choice. He has a proven track record, more than some of the dross we brought in this season for outfield places.

Dougie is the obvious choice for Club Captain. 150% committment evey time. Darien is quite unsuitable, due to his temperament, IMO. Comparisons with Alex Neil are laughable. AN had more ability in his head and his boots than DK will ever have.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 pm

Dougie M ????
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri May 13, 2016 10:06 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Dougie M ????

TROLL
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Imrie can be a petulant wee ned too
Never captain material. Lucas or Devlin for me.

As regards D'Acol I don't think he's even scored for the U20s but he has looked like he has a bit about him at times like Saturday when he fired in a cracking shot. I'm hoping we get Morris for another season but we may have to wait till the last minute as he'll want to see where he stands at Norwich.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri May 20, 2016 9:54 am

We'll be hot favourites for relegation next season, but it all depends on the competition.

I can predict what we'll do now: we'll make a few signings of players most of us have never heard of. One or two of them will establish themselves, the rest will leave. One or two younger players will break through to regular places in the first team squad. We'll continue to have a couple of positions where we don't seem to have enough cover. A few posters on here will be frustrated by our "lack of ambition". But the club will stick to its strategy, which has served us well for over a decade, most of which has been spent in the top flight.

So we could finish anywhere from 7th to 12th; it'll depend on the competition. Will another team "do a Dundee United"? That would help. Will one of Partick/Motherwell/ICT slump? Will Falkirk/Kilmarnock compete? Will Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee be safe?

We'll see.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri May 20, 2016 1:01 pm

And we'll do nothing in the cups.

Can anyone else see an obvious flaw in the new League Cup format? Four matches before you reach Rd 2! A couple of years ago only 770 odd turned up v Arbroath when you knew on the day whether you were through or out.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri May 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:We'll be hot favourites for relegation next season, but it all depends on the competition.

I can predict what we'll do now: we'll make a few signings of players most of us have never heard of. One or two of them will establish themselves, the rest will leave. One or two younger players will break through to regular places in the first team squad. We'll continue to have a couple of positions where we don't seem to have enough cover. A few posters on here will be frustrated by our "lack of ambition". But the club will stick to its strategy, which has served us well for over a decade, most of which has been spent in the top flight.

So we could finish anywhere from 7th to 12th; it'll depend on the competition. Will another team "do a Dundee United"? That would help. Will one of Partick/Motherwell/ICT slump? Will Falkirk/Kilmarnock compete? Will Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee be safe?

We'll see.

What was clear this year was we won more games with u20 player over the euro trash.

Would much rather the young boys played next year than wast ££££ on duds.

Spend the combined wage bill of the euro trash players on a good striker and we will compete.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 pm

H9crx wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:We'll be hot favourites for relegation next season, but it all depends on the competition.

We'll see.

What was clear this year was we won more games with u20 player over the euro trash.

Spend the combined wage bill of the euro trash players on a good striker and we will compete.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't like seeing our players described as "trash".

Are Lucas and Jesus trash? Was Toni Andreu trash? We've had some great players from Europe, and in fact we were one of the first Scottish clubs to experiment in this way, signing Polish players in the 70s.

I hope we continue to aim to strike the right balance.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Deadparrot » Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 pm

It seems to me that the best policy should remain giving the youth players a chance and not wasting money on contracts for some continental European players who play one game and then leave. It was evident to me on Saturday against Partick that the trio of Brophy, Docherty and Boyd played well together and have obviously benefitted from playing U-21s together as they seemed to link up pretty well (not perfectly by any means). Surely if we can get back to that confident passing game we've seen before then that will stand us in good stead, and players who have played together for our youth teams are our quickest route to that, providing they get time to gel with the regulars and get some proper game time.

Boyd to me looks promising and seems similar in style and technique to Crawford; a welcome addition in my opinion as Crawford this season has looked complacent and often disinterested. Docherty will become an excellent utility midfielder as he has drive and determination and a fair bit of skill, and in my personal opinion Brophy should be our main striker next season as he seems to have the drive and potential to score goals. He even has the somewhat selfish strikers attitude which for me is quite welcome at Accies where goals seem hard to come by.

From what I've seen of the youth players, although they are by no means finished articles, they possess good skill and real determination and that energy and enthusiasm will work wonders on our overall confidence as a team, as well as provide more attractive and passionate football. It's clear these lads want a chance so we should oblige and give it to them.
Deadparrot
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Fri May 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
H9crx wrote:

We'll see.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't like seeing our players described as "trash".

Are Lucas and Jesus trash? Was Toni Andreu trash? We've had some great players from Europe, and in fact we were one of the first Scottish clubs to experiment in this way, signing Polish players in the 70s.

I hope we continue to aim to strike the right balance.

Fair point, Jesus and Toni had proven then selfs in the Scottish game. They were not a drect import. Lucas has worked but the odd on the players from Europe working not in our favour.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Good to see no calls for over spending, yet. Next season we will stay on budget and be sustainable no matter what happens.

The biggest challenge will be to increase the hit rate in terms of signings; with at least a keeper and right back to find we cant afford to come up short. Last year we got away with wasting money on a number of players and although the thought of the U20s is tempting; the reality is that we need decent signings AND the younger players to come through - its not either or.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby really? » Sun May 22, 2016 5:09 pm

JackJarvisEsquire wrote:
rubenthedog wrote:mckinnon has improved enormously over the last few months.

until the unfortunate incident last night in thought he was the best player on the pitch.

make him captain next year, that might help with his temper issues

i remember fans calling for alex neil to be binned after his tet a tet with mark gilhainey, how short sighted was that???

I've read some pish on this forum in my time, but making Darian MacKinnon the captain has to be up there.

I know it's a long shot and the armband is more likely to go to Dougie but it's not as daft a comment as you think.

Dougie will be injured or suspended for some games.

MacKinnon is definitely the most improved player at Accies and I'd wager his bookings to games ratio is on a par with Alex Neil - no worse.

The thing about Mackinnon is that when he's just doing his job and not getting 'involved' you don't notice him.

Certainly a better player than Gillespie imo.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:32 pm

The captain serves as a conduit between the players and management. Dougie is part of the management so shouldn't be captain. Daz as captain with the proviso that's he cools it is no bad shout. Daz is no more a hot head than Neil. Many would have you believe we survived despite Daz and Ali when the opposite is true
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 pm

#backingmckinnonforcaptain
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 pm

MacKinnon :lol: He shouldn't even be at the club next season - never mind being our captain.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue May 24, 2016 10:34 am

Has anyone recieved anything regarding season books yet? Or has anyone been down and got theirs yet. After announcing the great prices there has been nothing regarding this.
Red and white hoops
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies