Next Season.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Next Season.

Postby WAC » Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 pm

Now we are safe, its time to look to next season, what members of the current squad that are out of contract would you like to see stay ? Personally I think we should let McGovern leave and push the boat out to keep ziggy. All of the euro trash like diaby and d'acol will not be missed. However, significant invested is needed if we are to stay up in a much tougher league next season.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Re: Next Season.

Postby judgeflash » Mon May 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Agreed, if we can ditch the excess, those wages could easily go towards keeping Ziggy here. I'm hoping we don't have floods leaving us next season. Ziggy and Mcgovern seem definite to go from what I hear.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Hooper » Mon May 09, 2016 8:46 pm

judgeflash wrote:Agreed, if we can ditch the excess, those wages could easily go towards keeping Ziggy here. I'm hoping we don't have floods leaving us next season. Ziggy and Mcgovern seem definite to go from what I hear.

Ziggy and McGovern are certain to go and I for one wont grudge them that although you have a point about paying more to keep ziggy it's not our way if one player gets there wage stretched so to speak the others will want the same and so on although this works at other clubs in a club as small as ours I don't see it working
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby cdisaaccie » Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 pm

STV article RT'd by Accies twitter confirms Ziggy has told Canning he's definitely leaving.

Bottom of article says we've offered new deals to Jesus, Longridge + Redmond - says we're likely to offer Lucas a new deal too.
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Tue May 10, 2016 8:52 pm

cdisaaccie wrote:STV article RT'd by Accies twitter confirms Ziggy has told Canning he's definitely leaving.

Bottom of article says we've offered new deals to Jesus, Longridge + Redmond - says we're likely to offer Lucas a new deal too.

What Longridge + Redmond are not worth another penny on wages
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies123 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:26 am

Diaby and kemy away with two games to go.
Congo Chris left more than 4 weeks ago.
Is there any point on that?
accies123
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Who on earth thought that anyone of them were actually footballers. Looks like a lot of naivety somewhere up the 'scouting' chain, or was it too many out-of-focus videos watched and signed on that basis? What a waste of money :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed May 11, 2016 3:59 pm

Despite some silly bookings this season Jesus has been semi-decent, would be happy to see him and Lucas remain for sure.
Would have been happy with Longridge and Redmond leaving tbh. Redmond seems to be perma-injured/out of form. Longridge, well, naw.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby saturdaysanny » Wed May 11, 2016 4:28 pm

I for one am happy to see Louis back with accies, it was only his finishing that let him down.

Still young enough to come good.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Wed May 11, 2016 4:39 pm

saturdaysanny wrote:I for one am happy to see Louis back with accies, it was only his finishing that let him down.

Still young enough to come good.

Have to disagree massively. He's had a handful of good performances throughout his time with us, complete head scratcher why he's being kept on IMO. When out wide, he usually lacks the pace/skill to deliver the necessary ball. I'm sure he's a good lad n all that jazz though.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Redmond and Longridge don't fill me with any great joy. Diaby's 45 mins of u20s footballwas shocking in his early days, and things didn't get better. Kemy, Mandiangu, Nade, D'Acol & Turner added almost nothing to the season and our signings will need to be better if we are going to continue to punch above our weight.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed May 11, 2016 9:01 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Redmond and Longridge don't fill me with any great joy. Diaby's 45 mins of u20s footballwas shocking in his early days, and things didn't get better. Kemy, Mandiangu, Nade, D'Acol & Turner added almost nothing to the season and our signings will need to be better if we are going to continue to punch above our weight.

But Tubbs what do you expect with our budget? With our budget and ambition this is what you want!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:16 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Redmond and Longridge don't fill me with any great joy. Diaby's 45 mins of u20s footballwas shocking in his early days, and things didn't get better. Kemy, Mandiangu, Nade, D'Acol & Turner added almost nothing to the season and our signings will need to be better if we are going to continue to punch above our weight.

But Tubbs what do you expect with our budget? With our budget and ambition this is what you want!

No, I've changed my mind :o They were all part of a highly successful squad which delivered on its target for the season. They didn't get on the relegation (or religation if you prefer) express (choo choo) and they somehow avoided inevitable relegation. ;) They were also part of a squad which didn't cost 100s of thousands of pounds that the club didn't have; so whats not to like :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 am

Well done Tubbs

You see it is ok to change your mind!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Scott18 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 am

think its time Mackinnon should go!!!!!

Now surely thats him banned for the start of the season again

Kurtaj can also leave thats was so pathetic yesterday
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby rubenthedog » Thu May 12, 2016 12:31 pm

mckinnon has improved enormously over the last few months.

until the unfortunate incident last night in thought he was the best player on the pitch.

make him captain next year, that might help with his temper issues

i remember fans calling for alex neil to be binned after his tet a tet with mark gilhainey, how short sighted was that???
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Thu May 12, 2016 12:33 pm

Now with ZIggy and Mc GLoves going the only option for captain is Dougie M
H9crx
Premiership

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Thu May 12, 2016 5:14 pm

rubenthedog wrote:mckinnon has improved enormously over the last few months.

until the unfortunate incident last night in thought he was the best player on the pitch.

make him captain next year, that might help with his temper issues

i remember fans calling for alex neil to be binned after his tet a tet with mark gilhainey, how short sighted was that???

I've read some pish on this forum in my time, but making Darian MacKinnon the captain has to be up there.
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby Euan » Fri May 13, 2016 6:54 am

H9crx wrote:Now with ZIggy and Mc GLoves going the only option for captain is Dougie M

Mickey Devlin is a future captain of Accies. He's already instructing others, has a good presence on the pitch and a good manner off it. I'd make him captain next season, if McGovern leaves.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri May 13, 2016 7:23 am

With regards to the goalkeeping position next season; I was talking to someone who played with Alan Martin last season at Clyde, who stated he was the best keeper he'd ever played with.
I know it's lower Scottish League but Martin is also a former U21 Scotland goalkeeper and has a reasonable record in the lower English League.
It's reassured me that if we go with Martin next season it's not just a cheap from within move.
Euan
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies