Change of Formation

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Change of Formation

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Do you think it's about time we change our formation / team? We don't seem to have a plan B.

When Devlin Returns would 5 at the back work? With the full backs becoming wing backs (not too different to what they do the now)
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Re: Change of Formation

Postby Hooper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:09 pm

I also think wingbacks and three centre halfs could be an option but will we change I'm not so sure as u said we like to push our fullbacks high up the park so I feel the third centre half could offer a bit more protection
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm pretty sure, with the current formation, that Gillespie and McKinnon offer the protection.....

Three CB's would be a good option when trying to stifle the game and be harder to beat.

Incidentally, when is Devlin likely to return??
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Hooper » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

When McKinnon isn't kicking people lol all joking aside devlin is back full training and scheduled to play development game early December
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Not convinced that having 5 defenders on the park would help us; and also the potential impact on the midfield isn't made clear by those advocating it. As has been recognised our full backs already push on and the back 4 get additional cover from Gillespie, who also has the main task to fetch and cary - he is really growing into that role and would far rather he did that than a centre half did so.

We just need better form and cut out fairly basic mistakes.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies