Crowd trouble

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Crowd trouble

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:29 pm

I didn't witness it but comment on P and B indicted there was trouble after the game at Firhill today involving Accies and Jags fans and the police. Following on from the recent documentary it's sad that some people whatever team they support seem to want to get involved in agravation. We here a lot from Accies about the wonderful community outreach work the club does . Perhaps it's time that the focus is on our own fans particularly the younger ones engaging them home and away and encouraging them to be ambassadors for Accies in the way the Tartan Army has become. I suspect what will happens is they will get slapped down hard for the rest of the season.
Alfie Olek

Re: Crowd trouble

Postby accies1874 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:43 pm

I've already posted on P&B what happened but a shortened version is:
Accies fans get out the ground
A large group of Thistle's "mob" have gathered a short distance from the away exist
The police formed a small line between the two but didn't do anything
Thistle spotted an Accies fan that had previously been chucked out and went for him
That's when a few punches were thrown but nothing OTT though apparently a Thistle fan went for a female Accies fan that was nothing to do with it

I reckon the Thistle fans were entirely to blame as nothing wouldn't have happened if they weren't gathered outside the away end and trying to instigate something. Not one Accies fan was out to try and have a go at Thistle whereas they quite clearly were. Your point about Accies fans being ambassadors for the club is true but I think our reputation is a friendly one. I doubt you'll find many fans that say otherwise.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:45 am

Alfie Olek wrote:I didn't witness it but comment on P and B indicted there was trouble after the game at Firhill today involving Accies and Jags fans and the police. Following on from the recent documentary it's sad that some people whatever team they support seem to want to get involved in agravation. We here a lot from Accies about the wonderful community outreach work the club does . Perhaps it's time that the focus is on our own fans particularly the younger ones engaging them home and away and encouraging them to be ambassadors for Accies in the way the Tartan Army has become. I suspect what will happens is they will get slapped down hard for the rest of the season.

Alfie I couldn't agree more with some with your points asking the club to engage more with the fans ..... Prior to the Celtic game I sent 3 letters and emails to the club regarding a banner display protesting against the offensive behaviour and threatening communications act something I feel needs the attention of all football fans as to the statistical analysis of this where money 48% of all football fans charged are convicted, but I was never replied to.

I urge and implore the club to have discussions with fans regarding many issues that affect the overall enjoyment of all at NDP and away from home.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:34 pm

the tartan army are great ambassadors, meltit & flashing their genitalia.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Return to The Accies