Football Fight Club 2

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Football Fight Club 2

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Well I watched this last night on BBC3. Wish i hadn’t bothered. Featured 2 genuine hardened english football casuals and a 17 year old female Hamilton ‘Casual’ who leads a gang of 14/15 year olds who can’t get into the pubs but meet at 'Midgy lane' to tank up before the games. The angle was that females were now becoming involved in a resurgence of football hooliganism. It was cringeworthy particularly when she went on about how she had never been in any bother and couldn’t afford to cos she wants to be a criminal defence lawyer. The BBC must scraping the barrel if she was representative of female casuals It didn’t show the club in a bad light and didn’t really show our support as being a problem either. Just a bunch of silly kids led by a rather naive girl who has had her 10 minutes of national fame.
Alfie Olek

Re: Football Fight Club 2

Postby simonswimmer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:37 pm

I disagree that it showed the club in a bad light. Club wasn't really anything to do with it. As for Brogan, contrary to the vibe on Twitter, I think she came across ok. Got the feeling that the editing of the programme was not on her side though.

Let's be honest, this is some teenage girl who goes to the games, and is into the imagery associated with football casuals. Unlike the grown men featured on the show, she had the common sense that the violence aspect of it should be avoided

The programme was a piece of shit, but the girl made a mistake agreeing to go on it
Last edited by simonswimmer on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:39 pm

The fans that sit at section A are anything but Casuals, We are supporters just like everybody else.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:The fans that sit at section A are anything but Casuals, We are supporters just like everybody else.

Exactly, I never thought the section A crowd ever claimed to be casuals. They basically bring the atmosphere to the games, and their efforts are invaluable. Never heard of them going looking for trouble before / after games though
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm

I disagree that it showed the club in a bad light.

You have misread my post. I said it “Didn’t” show the club in a bad light. You would have to take her and her kiddie gang seriously for that to happen :roll:
Alfie Olek

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm

simonswimmer wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:The fans that sit at section A are anything but Casuals, We are supporters just like everybody else.

Exactly, I never thought the section A crowd ever claimed to be casuals. They basically bring the atmosphere to the games, and their efforts are invaluable. Never heard of them going looking for trouble before / after games though

Nah we never have, just supporters. Don't think the Section will be busy this Saturday anyway after recent events!
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
I disagree that it showed the club in a bad light.

You have misread my post. I said it “Didn’t” show the club in a bad light. You would have to take her and her kiddie gang seriously for that to happen :roll:

Oh aye, sorry mate..
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:53 pm

They picked the wrong Accie in young Brogan. Daz Mackinnon could start a fight in an empty hoose.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Return to The Accies