Return of Jay

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Return of Jay

Postby Working for Cunard » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 pm

No harm to the wee guy, but any chance we could treat our own disabled fans (the ones who come to the non-Celtic games) with a bit more respect? Time and time again, there are wheelchair users at the front of Row A, where other fans have to squeeze past them. Can't be very nice feeling that you're in the way all the time.

Why not get some of the Row A seats taken out so that the wheelchair users can sit back a bit from the walkway/ We can surely do better.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Re: Return of Jay

Postby accies1874 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:12 pm

I agree. I also feel that, despite how nice a touch it was last January with Jay Beatty, what about our own disabled fans? I have one in mind that I see at the majority of games home and away yet seems to have nothing from the club.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:No harm to the wee guy, but any chance we could treat our own disabled fans (the ones who come to the non-Celtic games) with a bit more respect? Time and time again, there are wheelchair users at the front of Row A, where other fans have to squeeze past them.

Why not get some of the Row A seats taken out so that the wheelchair users can sit back a bit from the walkway/ We can surely do better.

This is so sensible an idea, and probably better for the dreaded Health and Safety than the present set-up. If the Club was agreeable to the idea, then I would bring along a ratchet socket set myself on a non match day and do the job for free.

Over to the Stadium Company now to take action and pm me. Mind you, I am not holding my breath :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 am

Long standing Accies fans with children (also likely to be long standing fans) have to pay a fortune to be the mascot.

The balance just isn't right for me.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Joemcc » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 am

Can't disagree with any of the earlier posters.

Is this wee boy to be wheeled out at every match we play against Celtic ?

Its beginning to seem just a little like exploitation for the benefit of the publicity the club appear to think they get from this. And the constant justification that he is an Accies fan ?? He isn't and no amount of announcements to that effect will change that fact.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Working for Cunard wrote:No harm to the wee guy, but any chance we could treat our own disabled fans (the ones who come to the non-Celtic games) with a bit more respect? Time and time again, there are wheelchair users at the front of Row A, where other fans have to squeeze past them. Can't be very nice feeling that you're in the way all the time.

100% agree, maybe even put up a bar to prevent any accidents, safe standing sorta idea.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:53 pm

The whole thing with Jay was great to start with, accies making a wee boys dreams come true.

The PR team and ripped the piss but, using him for publicity. I was saying on Saturday i feel sorry for the disabled accies fans. Club does next to nothing for them.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Accies73 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Agree, enough of this pandering to the old firm and their fans.
Accies73
Seaside Leagues

Postby saturdaysanny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:53 pm

can't agree with earlier comments, we should be able to see beyond our bias against celtic or rangers , and If it made Jay feel a bit special for the day, then I for one think it a good thing.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Re: Disabled Support

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 am

Yes, but the point of most posters is that we, as a club, are doing little for our OWN jdisabled supporters, as opposed to appearing to be falling over ourselves to pander to a wee boy from an old firm support.

The suggestion originally made, was to have a small section of seats removed from the front row of the stand to allow wheelchair supporters of our OWN CLUB, to have sufficient room and space to watch the game, AND not have supporters with mobility having to squeeze past between the wheelchair and the barrier. This is surely common sense, quite apart from any H & S issue which might arise in any emergency situation. Wheelchair users can of course watch from the touch line at pitch level, but the view of the play is far more restricted there. The stadium was built with a lift to allow any disabled person to gain access to the main stand. Is there no comment from those in charge at the Stadium on this issue? :oops: :oops:

Perhaps ADMIN should consider changing the title to this thread???
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies