Safe Standing

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Safe Standing

Postby neilgillanders » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Do you think safe standing should be brought back to scotland and inparticular hamilton accies?
Will this then bring in more fans week in week out to the ground?
Also will this add a greater atmosphere to the stadium?
If so, why?
neilgillanders
Pub League

Re: Safe Standing

Postby accies1874 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:48 pm

First question I'd ask is whereabouts at NDP? Think it'd be a decent addition if we manage it correctly. I'm not sure it would add much to the atmosphere as folk stand at Accies anyway and the atmosphere can be very poor. Worth a try though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:10 pm

I think we'd have to build another stand tbh.

Something like the Brook Road Stand at Griffin Park would be perfect for us. But we've no need for it at present.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

I recall standing at Ayr United a couple of seasons ago. The novelty soon wore off after 20 minutes or so! Still I’m sure there is some demand. Where would it go? Well it could go behind the goal at the sainsburys end but that would mean losing the 5 a side pitch. Oh wait a minute the mythical Dome will appear there anytime soon like the Tardis ;) Now that stadium seating requirements have gone (I think thats right?) then we don’t need the gazebo so it could occupy that space and fans would be right in the centre of the action. Far rather have another stand but that just aint going to happen.
Alfie Olek

Return to The Accies