Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tony Andreu!!

Postby Beastie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:32 pm

...has gone to Rotherham on loan :cry:
Beastie
Pub League

Re: Tony Andreu!!

Postby glenthedog » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Yep, can see him back with us at some point, although he's been out of the mix in terms of the 1st team for a while now.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Still Championship football for him. Not great but probably/definitely a higher level than Scottish Premiership. A lot of people are turning their nose up at it because it's Rotherham but it's first team football (hopefully) at a decent level.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Puzzled that hasn't made the breakthrough at Norwich. Seen a few of their fans on their forums say he is out of his depth but I would say he is a more skilful player than McArthur and look at him. Of course he didn't break through right away either and was much younger, had time on his side and has now developed into one hell of a player. Tony doesn't have that luxury. Probably gone to a team heading for relegation, punching above its weight but hopefully he'll prove he can cut it in their Championship.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby KIO » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Puzzled that hasn't made the breakthrough at Norwich. Seen a few of their fans on their forums say he is out of his depth but I would say he is a more skilful player than McArthur and look at him. Of course he didn't break through right away either and was much younger, had time on his side and has now developed into one hell of a player. Tony doesn't have that luxury. Probably gone to a team heading for relegation, punching above its weight but hopefully he'll prove he can cut it in their Championship.

Don't you worry about us Whiskey we'll be fine ;)

Tony hasn't really been given a chance with us so I can only assume that he hasn't impressed enough in training. I would say he's a little way down the pecking order now behind the likes of Robbie Brady, Johnny Howson, Alex Tettey and the mercurial Wes Hoolahan who at 32 is playing the best football of his career ! Anyway, while I'm here how's our Carlton doing ? I see he's scored a couple of goals in the SPL for you (Accies result is the first I look for now after ours) ? From what I've read he seems to be enjoying his time north of the border.
KIO
Pub League

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:55 pm

KIO wrote:
Whiskeytown wrote:Puzzled that hasn't made the breakthrough at Norwich. Seen a few of their fans on their forums say he is out of his depth but I would say he is a more skilful player than McArthur and look at him. Of course he didn't break through right away either and was much younger, had time on his side and has now developed into one hell of a player. Tony doesn't have that luxury. Probably gone to a team heading for relegation, punching above its weight but hopefully he'll prove he can cut it in their Championship.

Don't you worry about us Whiskey we'll be fine ;)

Tony hasn't really been given a chance with us so I can only assume that he hasn't impressed enough in training. I would say he's a little way down the pecking order now behind the likes of Robbie Brady, Johnny Howson, Alex Tettey and the mercurial Wes Hoolahan who at 32 is playing the best football of his career ! Anyway, while I'm here how's our Carlton doing ? I see he's scored a couple of goals in the SPL for you (Accies result is the first I look for now after ours) ? From what I've read he seems to be enjoying his time north of the border.

Carlton has been good, great performance against Dundee United recently... Would love if he stayed for the rest of the season.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Rotherham Utd live on Sky #22
H9crx
Premiership

Return to The Accies