Alexandre D'Acol Joaquim

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Alexandre D'Acol Joaquim

Postby AmanAccie » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Looks like were signing him. Brazilian centre forward from AEK Athens.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Re: Alexandre D'Acol Joaquim

Postby Hooper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Confirmed on twitter
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Don van Vliet » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 pm

According to Wikipedia he has an impressive goals-to-appearances ratio and has sustained that at several clubs over time. Sounds like an encouraging acquisition.

I wonder what he'll make of the SPFL and Scottish weather after Olympiakos and AEK!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Checked on YouTube. Are we sure?
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Postby Originals1874 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:05 am

Looks like a proper finisher on the videos I've looked at tonight! Could be just what we are looking for to put away some of the heaps of chances we seem to create every week. Could prove to be a valuable signing come the end of the season!!
Originals1874
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:34 am

If he can recreate what he has done in the past he will be a Gr8.

http://bit.ly/1V7GTj3
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:18 am

Another unknown but his stats are really impressive. On paper at least looks a really good signing.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 am

I believe his impressive stats came mainly in the Greek third tier after AEK did a Rangers so I'd cool the jets for the moment but fingers crossed he will stay a bit longer than the last one.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:42 pm

To be followed by a defender apparently whose ii is rumoured to be on Pie and Bovril

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Sendles-White
Alfie Olek

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:To be followed by a defender apparently whose ii is rumoured to be on Pie and Bovril

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Sendles-White

Whilst not 'abandoning hope' ;) it's probably safe to say that this young man is hardly tried-and-tested.

Going back to the striker (assuming he does turn up) given the unpredictable ways that Brazilian players adopt, I wonder what will be on the back of his shirt?

Edited to add... Accies twitter has him as Italian, born on Brazil. Given that Lucas is Brazilian 'with an Italian passport', I wonder which language they will use with each other!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Hooper » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Signing these players are all well and good but I can't help but think it is hindering our own youth players development
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bonjella » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Need to agree however I've served my time watching the youth, time to give the non Scottish players a try and from what I've seen we have bought very well.

Still I do believe we need to find a bit of balance.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Hooper » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm

Of course but we don't seem to have a balance only thinking short term about first team will leave us woefully behind in terms of youth in a few years
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Hooper wrote:Of course but we don't seem to have a balance only thinking short term about first team will leave us woefully behind in terms of youth in a few years
The club can't win. They've had fans spitting the dummy for 6 months demanding that they bring in quality players. Now that we appear to have done that and got the squad looking good your worried about our youth policy. Make no bones about it Hooper, the youth policy is at the forefront of the boards plans. We have players making the breakthrough now in Docherty, Watson and Boyd. There are plenty more down through the age groups. We cannot stay in this league without having a spine of good experienced players. Its always been that way.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Talking of young players I see we let 2 go Harrison and Elzubaidi. Don’t know much about Harrison but I saw Elzubaidi play for arbroath against albion rovers last season and he looked good at that level. I know arbroath fans were sorry to see him come back to the club in janaury at the end of his loan. I had expected him to get game time this season and was surprised to see his release but he was obviously down the pecking order and as he said himself wanted to play. Good to see him get snapped up by cowdenbeath almost at once and I hope it works out for him. lets be realistic, not all our youth products are going to end up playing for us in the first team or in the english premiership but it should still be regarded as a success if they leave but play professional football. Lee Kilday seems to be a success at morton for example.
Last edited by Alfie Olek on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfie Olek

Postby Hooper » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 pm

Yeah I understand that but where and how will these lads progress as our emphasis on youth slips further and further away we don't even have enough coaches to take them et alone develop them in the right way to progress to first team
Hooper
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:54 pm

From YouTube...he looks decent as a wide striker/forward.
Kurtaj on one side, D'Acol on the other, with Morris through the centre...should see plenty of Accies goals.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 am

I think our new striker is better than Pele....mind you, Pele is 74 now.

I'll get my coat.
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Interesting that he can perhaps cover out wide, which will hopefully allow 2 strikers on the park at the same time, without changing our whole set up.

Its not clear where he is fitness terms at this time either? There was also a tweet on Wednesday night that he represents a 'pushing out of the boat' in terms of wages?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Beastie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 am

I've been watching the YouTube videos of Alex playing in Greece. Very powerful and direct, though it's hard to gauge the standard of opposition he was playing against in the Greek version of our League One. He looked much fitter than he does on the Accies picture of him on twitter, he looks a bit chubby cheeked at the moment...might take him more than a fortnight to get up to speed.
However he looks promising...he's not a left - footer clearly, possibly more of an Orthodox centre forward? Deals with crosses well though :lol:
Beastie
Pub League

Return to The Accies