Season Ticket Uptake

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Season Ticket Uptake

Postby glenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Does anyone know what the uptake of season tickets has been given the hefty £350 price tag? I took my son to a few games last year and he was keen to attend more this season and I'd planned on getting a season book until I seen the price tag over the summer break. The pay-at-the-gate price is also up to £12 (used to be £10 I think) for under 18's making pay-as-you-go a hefty £34, which to watch Accies and SPFL is a bit of a joke.

I see ICT have a deal whereby you can get an adult season ticket and two under 18's for £200, and all under 12's get in for free. Even Man City have a deal whereby an entry level season ticket is £299 for EPL..... I take it Accies have given up trying to encourage more fans in and just want to maximise what they can take out of the folk who do turn up?

It hardly seems like a sensible plan given the product and I'm wondering if gates will be down over the course of a full season as a result. I've stuck a limit on what I'll pay to watch SPFL football over a season as I usually go to one or two Scotland games and maybe and EPL game as I have relatives in the North East of England. I've picked around 6 or 7 home games and one away match that I'll go to this season but that's it I'm afraid.

Anyone else bought a season ticket or have others held back due to pricing?
glenthedog
Pub League

Re: Season Ticket Uptake

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Don’t think we will really know the answer to that one in a hurry. The Club gave away 40 season tickets to a charity and at most if not all matches there are freebies handed out in fairly big number to charities, youths groups etc. so the home attendance figures will no doubt be influenced by that. I commented after the Patrick game that a home attendance of around 1600 was good for the opening game with people still on holiday etc. but there were a few gaps around me missing regulars from last year. if there had been a significant increase on the uptake of seasons we would have heard about it otherwise the club has always kept quiet apart from one interview last season I think when Les put ST holders at 700 but did that include freebies or was that all payers including concessions? Whatever sadly there is absolutely no sign that after a few years of give away season tickets for youngsters and freebies that we are actually having any positive growth in our core home support acknowledging that promotion did bring some in but they will disappear if we are relegated.
Alfie Olek

Postby glenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:07 pm

I think that the strategy over the past few years of giving away free kids tickets is flawed, as they need to be accompanied by and adult who is then paying over-the-top prices for season tickets (or pay-at-the-gate). My ICT example says it all, whereby and adult and two kids is £200, compared to our £350 (albeit with 3 x U-18's). It's pointless offering a 5 year old kid a free season ticket when their parent(s) then needs to pay £350 for a season ticket or £22 at the gate (which is over £400 for a season).

They need to look at offering lower priced adult season tickets that match the product that they are asking people to pay for, and in turn match this with a deal on kids tickets.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Truth be told, the numbers in our stand on opening day was pretty dreadful. Remember that 1,551 includes Partick directors, reporters, opposition players, players families, scouts. Actual Accies support was probably nearer 1,300. For our SPL debut against Dundee United on the Monday night we had, if memory serves, close to 3,000. Our home crowds plummeted in 2012/13. I'd like to think it was because of Les's Rangers vote but I think many folk just got fed up with Reid-ball and didn't come back.

I would have renewed if it had stayed at £310, maybe even at £320 but a £40 increase was taking the piss. Now I'm picking and choosing, the beauty of that being I can check the team on twitter around 2pm and decide if it's worth giving them my £22. If Imrie and Longridge are both playing on saturday it's staying in my pocket!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby glenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Truth be told, the numbers in our stand on opening day was pretty dreadful. Remember that 1,551 includes Partick directors, reporters, opposition players, players families, scouts. Actual Accies support was probably nearer 1,300. For our SPL debut against Dundee United on the Monday night we had, if memory serves, close to 3,000. Our home crowds plummeted in 2012/13. I'd like to think it was because of Les's Rangers vote but I think many folk just got fed up with Reid-ball and didn't come back.

I would have renewed if it had stayed at £310, maybe even at £320 but a £40 increase was taking the piss. Now I'm picking and choosing, the beauty of that being I can check the team on twitter around 2pm and decide if it's worth giving them my £22. If Imrie and Longridge are both playing on saturday it's staying in my pocket!

Agreed Whiskeytown, and a realistic take on the numbers for opening day as well. The club undertake some of their business extremely well, but for them to raise the ST price to one of the highest in the SPFL after the Jan-May run that the club had after AN's departure was a bad choice of strategy. I've picked out about 6 or 7 matches to attend, and would only go to more if they try a mini-season deal like last years 4 games for £20 shout. Coupled with a couple of Scotland games, that takes me up to just over £300 which is about as much as I'm prepared to spend on SPFL level of football with a trip or two at Hampden!
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby rubenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:49 pm

i think i am one of the few that the season ticket deal works for, but even i was thinking of picking and choosing my games this season.I can understand the frustration of long suffering fans having to pay £350.00 for a single season ticket as at this minute in time its not good value.

the club do do a lot of things really well, and i am proud of some of the initiatives that it takes part in. but if prices don't start coming down, especially with the growing sense of unrest at the playing situation I fear that the crowds will get even lower and that the season ticket uptake next year will be seriously down
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 pm

I posted on another thread (after the Plastic Whistle game), that i heard that there were 800 seasons sold, BUT that included the free child tickets. Though that was up to three freebies with every adult, not everyone would take up that option, so the real number might be between 200 & 400 of paid tickets this season. Anyone heard different??
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies