The Spanish striker, What Spanish striker?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: The Spanish striker, What Spanish striker?

Postby Gaspode » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:41 pm

Don't know the full story because i refuse to buy the Sun, but apparently we could have been hit with a 250,000 euro bill if we had signed him. According to the Record ,his registration in Spain is very complicated so perhaps the club have only discovered this when they tried to get International clearance which I think is the final stage of a signing. The club may have been misled by the player and his agent or they may not have done their homework, but whichever is the case it seems to easy for some to instantly blame the club without knowing all the facts.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 pm

The 'unknown/little known foreigner' route has not worked here clearly. It has worked with Tony and Jesus; and we have hopes for Lucas, Kurakins and Kurtaj.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:48 pm

The 'unknown/little known foreigner' route has not worked here clearly. It has worked with Tony and Jesus

Except Tony and Jesus were not unknown/little known. Both played a full season for Livingston, Tony on 33 appearances and 7 goals and Jesus on 29 and 3 goals so we had that season to assess both players before signing them and thats’ where it should be less of lottery signing Scottish based players not that our 3 unknown foreigners may prove to be as good.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Maybe he will be back according to martins interview with radio Clyde

Hamilton boss Martin Canning hopes his club have not seen the last of Spanish striker Salva Chamorro.

Accies were forced to cancel the signing of the 25-year-old forward on Tuesday less than a month after handing him a two-year deal.

A registration issue with his former club, Spanish third-tier side Lleida Esportiu, has scuppered Canning's bid to add the frontman to his squad.

But Canning is hopeful the matter can be solved at a later date.

He said: "I think he could be someone we re-visit at a later point. The problem I believe was between the Spanish FA and FIFA but I'm not sure the exact nature of it.

"But the way it was left with Salva is that he would go back home and we would see what happens.

"He was definitely a good player and did well when he was here, so we would have liked to have got him in.''

Chamorro's early exit leaves Canning with only Christian Nade, on-loan Norwich teenager Carlton Morris and young players Eamonn Brophy and Andy Ryan for forward options.

And the New Douglas Park manager, who takes his side to Ross County this Saturday after opening their Ladbrokes Premiership campaign with a goalless draw
with Partick last weekend, admits he will now have to start his striker search all over again.
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Do feel bad for him as it seems completely out of his hands. Pretty embarrassing for those behind the scenes though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:17 pm

FREE BUS FOR THE FANS TO AWAY CUP GAMES

WE ARE NOT JUST A CLUB WE WILL GIVE BACK WOTH FREE BUS TRAVEL TO AWAY CUP GAMES

Away bus you say don't know what you are on about!

This club don't give a dam about the fans!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Was that not just for one season only while we lasted in the Cup? And we didn't last longer than one round? Was it our championship season or last season ? I certainly don't recall any commitment by the club to run buses to cup games for the foreseeable future
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:04 am

Was in the paper last season that we'd run free buses to every away game in the cup for 2 seasons. Don't know why everyone's so annoyed now as it was said before the Partick Thistle game in the Scottish Cup. Was there a free bus? No.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 am

H9crx wrote:FREE BUS FOR THE FANS TO AWAY CUP GAMES

Well they certainly wont care about fans who don't even go to games.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:58 am

From BBC website:

Spanish striker Salvo Chamorro is keen to find another club in Scotland after sorting out the registration issues that led to Hamilton Academical scrapping an agreement to sign the 25-year-old who was with third-tier Lleida Esportiu in his homeland last season. (The Sun, print edition)

Err, what happened to the 250,000 Euros ? Did he pay it himself??
Alfie Olek

Postby AmanAccie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 am

Surely we can take him now then? What happened to the it will take too long to sort it out pish! He'll end up at Inverness and we'll end up with Riordan.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Read that we won't be signing him as we are 'perusing other target's'

What a joke fs! if he is available the now then sign him up. Better him than someone like Riordan (Wouldn't be hard)

Is he signs for the likes of Dundee and bags 15 goals this season I will be raging.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby glenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:15 pm

If the registration issue has been resolved then the club should be back in for him rather than wasting time.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby rubenthedog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Guaranteed to sign for Dundee now, although I get the feeling that perhaps we were not that upset that that the deal did not go through otherwise we would have still been in there to sign him
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Gaspode wrote:

This is why i do not attend games i am a fan and no longer suporter of this Board.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:39 pm

IF IF IF Chamorro can now be signed and isn't; then its an admission by the club that he was not worth the bother and therefore a huge error in terms of them bringing him here in the first place. An error that can only be salvaged if someone is brought in who can score goals.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:49 pm

The club claim the issues haven't been resolved. It could just be shite talk journalism.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:52 pm

It will be interesting to see if he signs for another club anytime soon and what they say. Don’t really understand whats going on. it could be that Chamarro or his agent has sorted things out but told Accies to sod off you had ur chance. Whatever we need a striker and it ain’t going to be him.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 pm

H9crx wrote:
Gaspode wrote:

This is why i do not attend games i am a fan and no longer suporter of this Board.

I must have missed the supportive comments of the team or manager (that you might expect from a fan); your posts just seem to be doom and gloom and almost gloating in any mistakes or misfortune, on and off the park.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:00 pm

This is why i do not attend games i am a fan and no longer suporter of this Board.[/quote]

I must have missed the supportive comments of the team or manager (that you might expect from a fan); your posts just seem to be doom and gloom and almost gloating in any mistakes or misfortune, on and off the park.[/quote]

Give me two things since canning took over that has been positive? The 2/3 wins seam a distant memory and a blip of good fortune!
H9crx
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies