Strip Sonsors

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Strip Sonsors

Postby porcupine » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:14 pm

I am probably thick, but can someone explain to me how, on the face of it, Scotia Aid (a registered charity/non-profit making organisation according to their web-site), can find funds to sponsor Hamilton Accies Away strip??

Answer may be that possibly, Accies, struggling to find a sponsor for the Main Strip, have been altruistic here, and the Club is advertising the Charity on the strip as a form of sponsorship, free of charge?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Strip Sonsors

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 pm

I don’t know but i wonder if we gave them the away shirt as sponsors for free in line with our community ethos ?
Alfie Olek

Postby NaeVay » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 pm

I'm sure Scotia Aid were the 2nd strip sponsors last season too, probably the season before as well.

They seem to be one of the main charities Accies supports, although yes, I imagine if we'd been able to get a paying sponsor for the 2nd kit, they wouldn't be on it.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 am

I'm sure I read when they first became sponsors that the two businessmen who set up the charity did pay for the sponsorship, don't know if they still do.
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Neilhoodwasmyhero wrote:I'm sure I read when they first became sponsors that the two businessmen who set up the charity did pay for the sponsorship, don't know if they still do.

That makes a lot more sense, NHWMH, providing it is not the charity itself who are using their income to pay for sponsorship rather than provide aid to Sierra Leone! With a life expectancy of around 45 years, apart from the recent Ebola outbreak, (notwithstanding the usual corruption,) they need all cash they can get!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

No break on the upper arms of the away top for the Ladbrokes sponsor ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies