Site Theme

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Site Theme

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey folks,

I've decided to try a more Accies-coloured forum theme. As always, I welcome any feedback on whether people like the look or not.

In the meantime, if anyone truly cannot stand it for whatever reason, you can always change back to the old theme by clicking:
1. User Control Panel
2. Board Preferences
3. My board style: SubSilver2
4. Submit
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Theme

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:21 pm

WOW!!

It certainly made an impact when I logged-on here from an earlier log-on on the original format.

Initial reactions were........OK......live with it. Always hated those who said "That's the way we have always done it!!"

New season new look web-site... what's not to like??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Really like it. Well done
accies1874
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Wow! Looks fantastic!
Makes us look like a professional supporters outfit! More professional than the official site! :D
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Cheers folks. I'm still playing with it a little - wasn't happy with the fixed width set at only 800 pixels wide... most modern monitors display resolutions at least 1000px or more wide, so I have edited the template to go 1024 wide, making the borders on either side of the forum a little less intrusive.

Still playing around with the header logo too. Pity modern badges are so poorly sewn, so I have to stick with my old early 80's shirt logo with the 1875 established year :P
Admin
Site Admin

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:41 pm

I think a turquoise coloured forum would be better :o

Otherwise its Saul Goodman.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:57 pm

I thought I had logged on to some Turkish encrypted fake site lol.Good new look,very impressed,although a tad bright on ye olde eyes.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:16 pm

This has been well overdue. Good work that man, looks impressive!
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Just one criticism. Would it be possible for you to change the font of the usernames on the Sub Forums, ie General Discussion, etc to make them darker or even a different colour? They don't stand out very well. Apart from that it looks braw.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Admin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 am

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:Just one criticism. Would it be possible for you to change the font of the usernames on the Sub Forums, ie General Discussion, etc to make them darker or even a different colour? They don't stand out very well. Apart from that it looks braw.

Hmm, not sure I understand. Here is a screenshot of what the forum looks like for me, can you describe what you are seeing different?

http://www.acciesworld.com/acciesworld.png
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:40 am

Admin wrote:
Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:Just one criticism. Would it be possible for you to change the font of the usernames on the Sub Forums, ie General Discussion, etc to make them darker or even a different colour? They don't stand out very well. Apart from that it looks braw.

Hmm, not sure I understand. Here is a screenshot of what the forum looks like for me, can you describe what you are seeing different?

http://www.acciesworld.com/acciesworld.png

It's nothing major btw. Your username (admin) is in bright red, stands out very well and is much easier to see. If all posters were highlighted in this colour it would make it much easier to see who is writing each post. You could choose a different colour for yourself. You've done a great job regardless!
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am

It's probably this bit

"Users browsing this forum: porcupine and 3 guests"

I agree that if the names could be in a stronger colour, it would be better, BUT, it's no major problem!! Overall, the new style looks even better today. Great Effort, Admin.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies