Falkirk Vs Hamilton - Discussion.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Falkirk Vs Hamilton - Discussion.

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:27 pm

KIO wrote:
judgeflash wrote:
rubenthedog wrote:Lets hope its the first of many mutually benefical arrangements

.... Just give us back Tony. I will be really surprised if he gets first team starts in the Premier League.

Sorry judge, but in an interview on BBC Radio Norfolk this morning AN stated that Andreu is firmly in his plans for next season and will undoubtedly have a big part to play in the Premier League :(

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ ... 51823.aspx

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... _1_4157403

Hope he does really well but your two friendlies have been against non-league teams so I don't think it's right to judge how he does in the Premier League. I don't think he'll be in your team right away but give it time and I'm sure he'll be in and around the first team. Alex Neil's signing policy has always been very good.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Gaspode wrote:
Alfie Olek wrote:If I remember Daz had the same problem getting to grips with fultome training so we put him out on loan to Ayr for first team games while he presumably still trained with us. May be we should do the same with turner.

I'm sure Turner will be fine. It will take him time to adjust, it is a step up. Far too early to be writing him off on the evidence of a few pre-season games.

I think the 'evidence' is one half of a pre-season game, as he looked fine at Oban.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Perhaps not fully accurate but the tweeter feed from Malta suggests that Turner finished 90 mins of a game which started off in 35 degree temperature - perhaps the fitness element is being over played?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:29 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Perhaps not fully accurate but the tweeter feed from Malta suggests that Turner finished 90 mins of a game which started off in 35 degree temperature - perhaps the fitness element is being over played?

Against an amateur team, with waters breaks ?
I can only discuss what I've seen. From what I've seen it didnt look promising. I'm willing to keep an open mind though, I've been surprised in the past, I thought Devlin was rotten when I first seen him and he developed into a good talent.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Beuzy oviously rates him, having coached him at Dumbarton.

I thought he did better than most of the new players against Falkirk, dont see him as beign a first team regular to start with, but happy to give him a chance
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:52 pm

People writing off players before they've even played a competitive game for us :lol: FFS get a grip!
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 am

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:People writing off players before they've even played a competitive game for us :lol: FFS get a grip!

I'm sorry, but friendlies and pre-season training are rather important in today's era.
How do you think our club assess and then sign players if these friendlies do not matter?
Friendly or not, we are still paying fans. To think that a friendly isn't 'competitive' would be silly.

As Reuben said, not juding solely on one performance.
The thread is a discussion on a match 'Yer Sisters Yer Maw' , this includes discussion on performances.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:15 pm

It looks like he completed 60 mins last night - so not bad for a fat, unfit guy.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:38 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:It looks like he completed 60 mins last night - so not bad for a fat, unfit guy.

Sorry, you're right and my opinion on the one match I've seen him in is wrong, redandwhite.
If you think completing 60 minutes one week before our first competitive match is impresssive, then you obviously have lower expectations than me.
I've only seen Turner for 45 minutes, I can only judge him on those minutes I've seen him on the field, not based on game time completed reports.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:16 pm

judgeflash wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:It looks like he completed 60 mins last night - so not bad for a fat, unfit guy.

Sorry, you're right and my opinion on the one match I've seen him in is wrong, redandwhite.
If you think completing 60 minutes one week before our first competitive match is impresssive, then you obviously have lower expectations than me.
I've only seen Turner for 45 minutes, I can only judge him on those minutes I've seen him on the field, not based on game time completed reports.

Just pointing out that he seems to have managed as much pre season game time as anyone else - and that would seem relevant if the suggestion is that he is nowhere near fit. He played 90 mins in harsh circumstances on Saturday and then a further 60 mins on Tuesday.

If the criteria is that 60 mins at this stage of the pre season is not good enough then I think we should be worrying about most of the squad as many fit that category.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:37 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:is that 60 mins at this stage of the pre season is not good enough then I think we should be worrying about most of the squad as many fit that category.

I again, can only go by the falkirk game. Getting game time and performing well in games is two completely different measurements i'm afraid. At Falkirk he looked to be struggling and sloppy. He might turn out to be a cracker, who knows.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:05 am

He did look overweight in the video that was released re. Pre season training.....
If he was playing against us he would more than likely get the old " you fat barsteward " chant from the young team .
Doesn't make him a bad player though......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:49 am

glasgow accie wrote:He did look overweight in the video that was released re. Pre season training.....
If he was playing against us he would more than likely get the old " you fat barsteward " chant from the young team .
Doesn't make him a bad player though......

I made that point that looks can be deceiving. However he looked poor against Falkirk, slack passing and two really late tackles, which probably would've earned a yellow any other game.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Just to be clear I never said he wasn't rubbish - just that he appears to be as fit as anyone else :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies