Falkirk Vs Hamilton - Discussion.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Falkirk Vs Hamilton - Discussion.

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 am

The first half was a clinic in passing and posession, I don't think Falkirk had a shot in the first 45.
Nade has taken a massive step in winning me over, he was committed to winning balls, holding up play when needed and managed to net a good header.
Imrie was a machine, he was all over the park chasing down balls for 90 minutes.
Tagliapietra was very composed, apart from a couple of lazy passes he was dominant in one on one battles, I'm a fan of Devlin now, however the battle for centre back shall be an interesting one.
Docherty looked very lively, composed and could deal with the physicality.
Jesus was in the same boat as Tag, looked more than capable of and confident in his passing.

Negatives-
Second half was more like the last half of last season than the first. Sloppy passing, no confidence and lack of ideas. It turned into long ball Billy Reid era very quickly.
Chris Turner, came on and immediately made an impact, by giving away fouls via terrible tackles. He looked visibly blown out his arse within the first 10 minutes. I kept an open mind, but he looked dreadful.
Boyd had very little to work with, but was easily pushed off the ball and showing lack of composure with receiving the ball. Pretty much identical to his appearance vs St Mirren.
judgeflash
Premiership

Re: Falkirk Vs Hamilton - Discussion.

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:46 am

Pleasing to hear the positives but anyone who saw the clip of them training won't be in the least surprised about Turner. He looked very chunky to say the least. I hope they run the backside off him in the next few days and get him properly fit.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby KIO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Guys, City had a run out against the 'other' Canaries last night, non-league Hitchin Town. Tony Andreu seems to have found his shooting boots as he scored a second half hat-trick in a 10-0 win ! Did Carlton Morris make an appeaerance for boys you last night ? If so, how did he do ?
KIO
Pub League

Postby Beastie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:14 pm

KIO wrote:Hi Guys, City had a run out against the 'other' Canaries last night, non-league Hitchin Town. Tony Andreu seems to have found his shooting boots as he scored a second half hat-trick in a 10-0 win ! Did Carlton Morris make an appeaerance for boys you last night ? If so, how did he do ?

I believe he came on in the second half, noone has mentioned how he did though :shock:
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the summary judge flash. I’m warming to Nade already. Think he will be a great squad motivator and no fear of Curier type tantrums.
Alfie Olek

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Thanks for the summary judge flash. I’m warming to Nade already. Think he will be a great squad motivator and no fear of Curier type tantrums.
Alfie Olek wrote:Thanks for the summary judge flash. I’m warming to Nade already. Think he will be a great squad motivator and no fear of Curier type tantrums.

I don't mind someone being chunky if they have skills to cover this. He looked absolutely lost and blown out his arse. I highly doubt in 2 weeks time he'll be anywhere near match fit if that was a representation of how he plays.

Plenty of positives, I did forget to mention that both goals were from poorly defended crosses though!
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Morris was ok, he had poor delivery and only one real chance at a goal, he should've smashed it but instead chose to drag it onto his other foot.
He looks big and athletic, my only gripe was he is like many strikers and not prepared to challenge for headers.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby KIO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Well AN obviously rates Morris as he's just penned a new 2 year deal, let's hope he can bang in a few for you guys while he's with you ;)

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ ... 43909.aspx
KIO
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:05 pm

KIO wrote:Well AN obviously rates Morris as he's just penned a new 2 year deal, let's hope he can bang in a few for you guys while he's with you ;)

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ ... 43909.aspx

I can't really judge him as he didn't get enough of the ball. He did show some physical strength and balance though. 2 year contract whilst we pay for his wages for a year *at least* ? ;)
If we ever change our formation, would be interesting to see how Morris and Nade would fair as a team up front. I
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 pm

I thought Morris was a season long deal but the Norwich sire says until January 1

Morris has now also officially completed a loan move to Scottish Premier League side Hamilton Academical until Friday, January 1.
Alfie Olek

Postby pillbox » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Omitted from the Falkirk review was the fact that whilst Accies put out a relatively strong starting XI there was no McGovern, Gordon, Devlin, Crawford, Canning, Redmond, Lyon and Brophy who were all unavailable presumably because of injury and it would be fair to say that most if not all would be in the driving seat for a starting place when fit. The first half performance was however very encouraging indeed.

Falkirk were workmanlike and gave the Accies a physical test but it must be remembered this was just a pre season friendly and not too much should be read into it.

I too was impressed with Nade and if he can maintain that sort of form and approach to his games then I'm sure he's going to be a success. Kurakins too looked like he is going to be a good replacement for Hendrie. Longridge had a very positive first half though he faded late on. The second half saw a flurry of substitutions which upset the balance and the rhythm but that was to be expected. Don't agree with the assessment of Turner but hey ho that's my opinion, I think once he gets used to this level he'll do OK. Didn't see too much of our signing from Norwich, he had one real chance which the keeper saved well but he is a big lad and won't be overawed by the physical side of the Scottish game.

Undoubtedly the big plus from this game was the central pairing of Lucas and Jesus, they were totally in command and can only get better and better as they play together more often.

All in all it was avery satisfactory nights work but as I said earlier this is just a pre season friendly!!
pillbox
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 am

pillbox wrote:Omitted from the Falkirk review was the fact that whilst Accies put out a relatively strong starting XI there was no McGovern, Gordon, Devlin, Crawford, Canning, Redmond, Lyon and Brophy who were all unavailable presumably because of injury and it would be fair to say that most if not all would be in the driving seat for a starting place when fit. The first half performance was however very encouraging indeed.

Falkirk were workmanlike and gave the Accies a physical test but it must be remembered this was just a pre season friendly and not too much should be read into it.

I too was impressed with Nade and if he can maintain that sort of form and approach to his games then I'm sure he's going to be a success. Kurakins too looked like he is going to be a good replacement for Hendrie. Longridge had a very positive first half though he faded late on. The second half saw a flurry of substitutions which upset the balance and the rhythm but that was to be expected. Don't agree with the assessment of Turner but hey ho that's my opinion, I think once he gets used to this level he'll do OK. Didn't see too much of our signing from Norwich, he had one real chance which the keeper saved well but he is a big lad and won't be overawed by the physical side of the Scottish game.

Undoubtedly the big plus from this game was the central pairing of Lucas and Jesus, they were totally in command and can only get better and better as they play together more often.

All in all it was avery satisfactory nights work but as I said earlier this is just a pre season friendly!!

I don't know if i touched on those 2 at centre back, but they looked commanding definitely. Will be interesting if Devlin fights for that place or gets put into a rb/lb.

Me and the people I was with all seemed in consensus with Turner. Lack of fitness aside *which is a major thing with only 2 weeks to go* , I don't see what he has to offer, apart from 2 late tackles in his first five minutes on the pitch. :lol:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Turner looked fine at Oban, and there must be a chance that he is being worked hard in pre season to get him fit for the start and therefore might not be at his best during games?

Did he play the Daz role or the holding role - I am not convinced they are playing for the same position?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:29 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Turner looked fine at Oban, and there must be a chance that he is being worked hard in pre season to get him fit for the start and therefore might not be at his best during games?

Did he play the Daz role or the holding role - I am not convinced they are playing for the same position?

I'm not doubting he is working hard, I don't tend to judge players on how they physically appear *he does appear to be carrying a lot of fat* but he was somewhere in centre mid, mostly chasing balls. He had two silly late tackles that probably would've been a yellow any other game. First impressions count for a lot, but I'll keep an open mind and hope he becomes a good asset
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby KIO » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am

Your old Gaffa still looking after ya ;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... ch-6077046
KIO
Pub League

Postby rubenthedog » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 am

Lets hope its the first of many mutually benefical arrangements
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:13 pm

rubenthedog wrote:Lets hope its the first of many mutually benefical arrangements

.... Just give us back Tony. I will be really surprised if he gets first team starts in the Premier League.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 pm

If I remember Daz had the same problem getting to grips with fultome training so we put him out on loan to Ayr for first team games while he presumably still trained with us. May be we should do the same with turner.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:If I remember Daz had the same problem getting to grips with fultome training so we put him out on loan to Ayr for first team games while he presumably still trained with us. May be we should do the same with turner.

I'm sure Turner will be fine. It will take him time to adjust, it is a step up. Far too early to be writing him off on the evidence of a few pre-season games.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby KIO » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 pm

judgeflash wrote:
rubenthedog wrote:Lets hope its the first of many mutually benefical arrangements

.... Just give us back Tony. I will be really surprised if he gets first team starts in the Premier League.

Sorry judge, but in an interview on BBC Radio Norfolk this morning AN stated that Andreu is firmly in his plans for next season and will undoubtedly have a big part to play in the Premier League :(

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/ ... 51823.aspx

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... _1_4157403
KIO
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies