Commercial Dept

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Commercial Dept

Postby brandonhafc » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:11 pm

with the state of our club shop, season ticket sales, no new top released, lack of knowledge, barely any interest shown in the fans.

Surely there is something we can do about this? everytime it seems any fan attempts to contact the club they get ignored, there must be a way in which we can help to change and make our club far more professional. I know the hierarchy dont seem to care but imo this simply cant go on any longer, it is embarrasing. We spend our hard earned cash on this club and we are treated like we arent there, how do they expect to keep the loyal fans and grow more fans with the embarrassingly run PR and Commercial side of the club.
brandonhafc
Pub League

Re: Commercial Dept

Postby Euan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 pm

Renewed my season ticket yesterday, and sponsored Greg Docherty's home strip...while there, I asked about these issues.
Apparently the new strip is due out any day, but just needs something sorted with the sponsor first.
The Club want it out but can't, they're frustrated too.
Was told to check at 2pm that afternoon for news about the new signings...true to word the announcement was made. Happy enough with the signings, good additions to a decent squad.
New pitch looking good and of a high standard...being laid by the guy who does all the English Premiership training complexes pitches. He was there, overseeing the work.
A lot of work going on inside the stadium too, smell of paint and new carpets...best I've ever seen the interior look (normally quite shabby).
It's not as bad as you think Brandon...although yes it could be much better in terms of communicating with the general fan base and expanding it further...a commitment to a new improved website and credit/debit pin machine payment facilities would be a start.
Part of the problem is bigger Clubs get constant drivel about them in the press, which makes it look like there's nothing coming out from the likes of Accies...there's always Acciesworld for constant drivel :D
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Euan I don't doubt anything you say; but repeated silence or chance discussions with fans is not the answer in this day and age.

If they have the tops there is nothing to stop them releasing pics to wet the appetite; either of the whole kit or as some clubs do small sections at a time. Or to fill the void they could have put pics up of the training and casual gear that the players have been wearing - along side some kind of idea when they would be available. Anything except silence. None of the above is hard or time consuming; hence my conclusion that the club has absolutely minimal interest (or none at all) in fans merchandise - you have people complaining cos they can't spend money or spread the coverage of Accies across the town and in schools etc, which is a crazy situation.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Completely agree. Surely someone at the club can address this?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:11 pm

On the subject of the training tops we've seen the players wearing. I really like them.
I think I know the answer to this question already, but what's the chances of these being on sale in the shop?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Euan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 pm

They do look good. I'd happily wear one at the gym, no sign of them in the shop though.
I agree about communication, could be much better.
I think they take a nothing concrete nothing to say policy, when a bit of speculation and snippets of info are all the fans want.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 am

The missed opportunity for extra revenue from merchandise sales absolutely blows my balls. What company would not want to increase revenue?
The setting up of an online shop would pay for itself after the first order. Literally anyone can set up a shop, even an official EBAY page could be set up with ebay doing all the paperwork and taking a small percentage! All they'd have to do is print a label and post it.
My uncle who lives in Essex asked me if I could get him a strip for his son *he couldnt find one online* as he grew up supporting Hamilton and wanted his son to have a strip, when I explained to him the farce of a setup we currently have he couldn't believe it.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:52 pm

The lack of strip at this stage in the season probably reflects 2 issues. First of all it was suggested that we might be getting strips from an italian manufacturer Gedova or something like that through a kit supplier base in the NE of england. That went pear shape in apparently acrimonious circumstances judging by the twitter exchange between the sales manager and a few accies fans. Say no more. So I assume they had to go back to the drawing board in terms of supplier. Then it looks as though we were left without a sponsor once M and H’s owner bought Airdrie.

You then IMO have to accept that the Commercial department is really only interested in generating income through the stadium e.g track advertising, corporate hospitality, rental of space within the stands. The fans and their interest have never figured high in the Commercial dept’s list of priorities. They were happy to franchise the shop out. Once that ended they have never been interested. Its too much hassle for the return I assume. We have had the suggestion apparently from the club on twitter or Facebook that there was to be a new web site and online shop but that appears to have been a windup which illustrate my point about the attitude to the fans.

I can’t remember the last time I bought accies merchandise. The current shop is a joke and marketing is non existent. I’m surprised at Ronnie and les allowing this but I suspect even though they now co own the stadium that the deal is they control the football side of things and not the stadium and its commercial activities.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:04 pm

The situation with the strips and merchandising is beyond a joke. My son is desperate for a new strip/training top/t-shirt etc,etc. Have these people forgotten how exciting it is when your a kid to get your teams new strip? They say they want to encourage younger fans, well they are missing a trick by having nothing for them to buy to show they're fans.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:25 pm

Probably the best selling and most noticeable kit was the Chevrons sponsored by Phillips.At that time,it seemed everyone had one.I heard Phillips were giving them out to employees and there were a few folk strutting about the town who were not even Accies fans who wore them.

Now,we have the increased exposure as an SPL club and the modern digital age,we really are missing a great chance to increase "brand awareness".Perhaps,a deal could be done where, for say a certain amount extra,the kids on the coaching courses and kids/boys clubs could purchase them at a bulk price.

We only have a certain period where they can be worn due to our "fantastic"weather.To me,this makes it even more important to get them on sale earlier.Last game of the season should be the target in future so folk can wear it during the summer.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Probably the best selling and most noticeable kit was the Chevrons sponsored by Phillips.At that time,it seemed everyone had one.I heard Phillips were giving them out to employees and there were a few folk strutting about the town who were not even Accies fans who wore them.

Now,we have the increased exposure as an SPL club and the modern digital age,we really are missing a great chance to increase "brand awareness".Perhaps,a deal could be done where, for say a certain amount extra,the kids on the coaching courses and kids/boys clubs could purchase them at a bulk price.

We only have a certain period where they can be worn due to our "fantastic"weather.To me,this makes it even more important to get them on sale earlier.Last game of the season should be the target in future so folk can wear it during the summer.

Any club with business sense would be all over this, unfortunately our club is synonymous with poor communication and a farce when it comes to making revenue through merchandise.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Although in terms of design and the success of the chevrons; more recently many people have not been that happy with any suggested proposal to deviate from standard hoops.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 pm

It was the early 90s. Horrendous was in vogue. Accies chevrons and Right Said Fred.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm

I loved the chevrons at the time, perhaps the could be introduced as a future away strip (different colours of course), cant be a bad as the new Norwich third strip

It is a bit frustrating that the new home strip is not available yet, be nice to see what it looks like even without the sponsers logo.

I cant complain to much with my recent interactions with the Commercial department. Dealt with Shaun to arrange the matchday mascot for my son at the Dundee United game. All arrange without any issues
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies