REALLY embarrassing??

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

REALLY embarrassing??

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Harestanes. 1st round Scottish Cup entrants. Where the snuff are they?? Kirkintilloch, it seems!!

BUT, just Google 'Harestanes' and have a look at their website. We are an embarrassment in comparison. :oops: :oops:

Accies - are (purportedly) an SPFL team....Harestanes are an Amateur team

Who looks the more professional????? :( Sign their webmaster???
porcupine
Premiership

Re: REALLY embarrassing??

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:29 am

We are a SPFL team, the use of the term 'purportedly' is completely inappropriate. I had a look at the website and its far better than ours.

That said, I know Amex's latest deals and what the weather in London will be. I also now know their latest news - from 3 May 2015 !

I think the sooner the quality of web sites becomes part of league placings the better - this reliance on purely results does not stand scrutiny in the digital age.

Their site looks like a generic hosting site on which club specific info can be placed and made specific. I suppose one of their fans does it - not sure if we have that skill set in our support?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Their site looks like a generic hosting site on which club specific info can be placed and made specific.

Correct. I was looking at Mid Annandale’s site and it is the same template with even less information. They all require the same i.e. someone with the time to keep the site updated. gilbert has given his time now its upto the club to find someone prepared to do it, as its clear no one inhouse is going to do it. Where we not told that a new website and on lineshop was coming soon or was that the windup that was suggested elsewhere?
Alfie Olek

Postby Euan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Their site looks like a generic hosting site on which club specific info can be placed and made specific.

Were we not told that a new website and on wineshop was coming soon or was that the windup that was suggested elsewhere?

That would be great, check up on Accies and order a nice Rioja at the same time...cheers!
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies