Match day mascot

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Match day mascot

Postby rubenthedog » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:56 am

Can anyone here give me the lowdown on the match day mascot package.

What do the kids do, what souvenirs do they get, how much did it cost and was it worth it
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Re: Match day mascot

Postby Accies999 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:31 pm

My son did it in the promotion season. It cost £150. They gave him the full strip, program, boot bag, mug, scarf, etc. my wife also gained free admission. We had a tour of stadium, spoke to various directors, numerous photographs with players in dressing room and on pitch, photograph sent on from official photographer with both captains and officials, half time refreshments and a mention in the program. If you add it all up its ok value but you can't put a price on the experience and memories for your child. Would recommend it.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Joemcc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:25 am

I did when it was offered as part of the short lived Accies Kids Club - which only lasted 1 season I believe.

I wouldn't recommend it as I found it to be badly organised and not worth the money.

It included everything Accies999 said but I would give the following advice -

(1) We were told to be there for 1.30pm - on arrival were told this was wrong and it should have been 2pm. However, it then became obvious that they did not have anyone available to do the stadium tour (much discussion in the office which we overheard)
(2) We didn't get started on tour until after 2pm which meant that we missed the dressing room with players part altogether as we were too late to do it
(3) We didn't get a mention in the program as the club maintained that I had not responded to their request for info on my boys. I was able to produce the email response but was told that I had replied to the 'wrong' email address - even though I replied to the email they sent me !
(4) Half time refreshments consisted of tea/coffee or juice in a crowded media room with no seating

I would say that Arthur (who gave us the tour) was very knowledgeable on the club and stadium.

Overall I was disappointed in the whole experience although my sons enjoyed it - as Accies 999 says its an experience for them.

The communications from the club were very poor as usual which contributed to some of the issues we experienced.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:33 am

My 8 yr old had it last season v Kilmarnock..............

Didn't get quite the same things (no boot bag, mug) but got to meet the players prior to the match, top, match programme, comp tickets for 2, tour of the stadium, kick about prior to the match on the pitch, ht in the family room (tea and bics)..................cost £150.

Think it was a bit up in the air (previously) like Joemcc mentioned but the guy that's taken it on (Ian Simpson) has got it running quite well (1.15pm arrival) etc.............

My son loved it, would recommend it completely.................it is much better organised last season than some previous posters have mentioned.

Good luck!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 am

......................forgot to mention...........

Definitely had a bit of blurb in the programme............as I said, it's moved on a bit since Joemcc had his (ropey) experience..........

In fact, because the club made a mess of it originally (my son was mascot at Dundee Utd match first) - no access to players as we were given incorrect time (also Canning's first match in charge), no pics with Captains etc as McGovern forgot - Ian Simpson made sure that we got invited back (v Kilmarnock) so that they 'could do it properly'.........

So, if Kilmarnock experience was maintained, then go for it..........

Apologies, forgot that in my first e-mail................
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:24 pm

I was a mascot myself back in 2006. I'd do it if I was you. The memories of it have stuck with me forever: Airdrie fans cheering me scoring a penalty, walking alongside the players on the park, running out with them at the start. Absolutely fantastic. Still got the scarf they gave me but the old Homestead kit has been lost. My parents also got it for free if I recall correctly so that sweetened it further lol.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Thanks for the replies

I have emailed the club, but not heard back from them yet...................
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Joemcc » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 pm

If you emailed office@acciesfc.co.uk you'll have a long wait for reply in my experience - and that's recent experience
Joemcc
Pub League

Return to The Accies