Forum - any suggestions for improvement?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Forum - any suggestions for improvement?

Postby Admin » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:30 am

Hey folks,

I just went ahead and renewed the domain and webhosting today, so that means this forum has been online for just about a full year now - how time flies!

That being said, I thought it timely to reach out for some thoughts or opinions on how the forum has operated this past year, and perhaps also get some suggestions on how to improve things.

A suggestion I'll make to myself is that next season I will need to be more on the ball with creating match threads each week.

All input is welcome, positive or negative - I'm a big boy, I can take it :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum - any suggestions for improvement?

Postby Gaspode » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 am

How about a MOM thread every week?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:44 am

Not much to change I would have thought. Repeated threads being raised on the same subject could be tidied up a wee bit but other than that its running fine.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:50 am

Congratulations on doing a great job getting the site back up, and happy anniversary!

I'd say you're doing fine right now, and any further incremental improvements would be welcome, but shouldn't just fall on your shoulders. Volunteers to manage specific tasks, like the suggested MOTM threads?

One thing I would favour is a harder line with obvious trolls - bans don't need to be permanent, and I can think of one or two posters who'd benefit from a spell on the sidelines...
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:24 am

Well done and thanks for setting the site up and keeping it running. It can descend into mayhem sometimes on here but it's really good to have our own forum to discuss thing among fellow Accies, rather than just P&B.

In terms of content, would be great if we could get someone from the club on here, possibly contact them with a view to having a separate part of the forum for a respectful Q&A. like SITM on the old forum but more formalised. Would be very helpful for both us and the club in terms of improving understanding of how the other thinks.

Visually I'd like to see the forum look a bit more distinctively Accies. Splash a bit of red about the place.
Something like this would be nice;
http://www.themesbase.com/phpBB-Themes/193_red-Ice.html

Once again, we'll done for picking up a job a lot of people wouldnt have bothered doing and thanks for the good work in the first year!
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks from me too. We’d be lost without you! I like the idea of M of the M thread but it would require some collation over the season if we were to end up with a forum player of the season. The old prediction league was good for a few seasons but then died a natural death plus i think called for a bit too much admin. Other than that it serves its purpose very well.
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes, again great work, Admin, for both setting up and maintaining the forum for us all.

Only suggestion, as indicated earlier, that multiple posts on the same subject should be closed, (without any possible suggestion of being undemocratic!!) as these just undermine the whole point of the SUBJECT title.

There may be many who used to use the original forum site who are still unaware of acciesworld.com
Any way of putting the word out to a wider Accies audience with Twitter or Facebook?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Banning dickheads such as working for cuntard would be a good start.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Park Materson wrote:Banning dickheads such as working for cuntard would be a good start.

I think he is trying to instigate a self nomination process to be banned by providing an excellent example.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Eh, Whit?
Oh aye.
Jog on.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Admin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:25 am

Good stuff, cheers folks!

I think a MOTM thread is a solid idea, so we will definitely get one going for next season.

I can agree that it would be good for the club a voice on here, and if anyone from the club chooses to reach out, I will be accommodating. Ideally a specific forum for club announcements would be ideal.

I will see about getting a more Accies-esque theme on the forum - this was originally the idea, but I found altering the forum theme on my own a bit overwhelming. A simple theme I can install works!

As far as trolls go, I think we only have one or two, and they are pretty minor ones for the most part. People are always welcome to report any posts they find offensive though, and I will take a look and see what I can do.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby NaeVay » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:55 am

NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies