Where's the money?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Where's the money?

Postby H9crx » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 am

I fully expect my usual abuse from red and white for this post. But it is very concerning and I'm shure others will agree.

With this weeks very odd Twitter spat putting another black cloud around the club.

I think it is a fair question to ask where has all the money has gone?

Yes we have small crowds and the academy will cost money to run and not to forget another 300k on plastic.

Like the shirt aligations how any people are taking a cut when we sell a player? How much does the club acutely get?

This all again could be cleared up with communication that are open and transparent.
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Where's the money?

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:44 am

Pathetic, groundless rubbish.

By the way, that is not abuse by any conventional definition.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby shotts56 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:51 am

Calling someone pathetic sounds like abuse to me ...
shotts56
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:00 am

If the shirt scandal is true...then it'd be very damaging to the club. If it is unfounded, I hope the club pursues libel.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:20 am

I hope it is untrue but the lack of dialoge from the club allows for dout!

No smoke with out fire!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 am

I agree; every anonymous allegation put out on the internet that goes undenied is highly suspicious and indeed is absolute evidence of guilt.

However, in term of smoke without fire; what about e-cigarettes ? :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:37 pm

What is this about a twitter spat? Just entered "Accies shirt" and "Accies money" into twitter and nothing of any significance comes up.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:What is this about a twitter spat? Just entered "Accies shirt" and "Accies money" into twitter and nothing of any significance comes up.

Tweets have since been deleted, a few dodgy dealings over the new shirt apparently. I have a screenshoot but don't know how to post it on here?

Redandwhite1874 .. climb out the clubs a*rse, seems impossible for the club to do any wrong according do you. I suppose the club website is the best in the league and no need to change it? wouldn't surprise me if you agree.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:11 pm

And for the hard of thinking:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=348

Are we to derive nothing that the allegations have now been deleted - if they wer aver serious in the first place or juts designed to get a few folk to 'bite' - the person making the claim was saying there was evidence but then decided to keep it to himself.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:39 pm

OK. Another close season potboiler rumour (from the inevitable "good source") for us all to speculate upon.

Tiger Turf are allegedly replacing Accie's playing surface FOC because of some problems with the existing 3G surface. It will be the only 5G surface in the UK/ World until the next park is laid.

No 300K spend then on a new pitch, if allegations/suggestions/rumours are true. Loadsamoney??? :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:00 pm

Tiger Turf are allegedly replacing Accie's playing surface FOC because of some problems with the existing 3G surface. I

Queen of the South had their pitch relaid after one season by the original company at no cost as it was accepted that the surface was not upto scratch and there had been complaints throughout the season. I’m not aware of our surface generating complaints either from our own players or the opposition other than the usual I don’t like plastic. Accies in their announcement of the new surface stressed that this was being undertaken after competitive tendering to ensure we were at the forefront of artificial surfaces. its a bit like saying I’ve had an Apple phone for 12 months which is very good but the next generation is out so i want that one. Not what i would have spent my money on but i will give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume no one has been telling porkies. What I am confused about is the announcement of a £1.5 million pound dome but no planning application has been submitted so it aint happening any time soon. While Ronnie and Les are still very much running the football side of things, I’m not sure they are calling the shots when it comes to the stadium and the income generated by same.
Alfie Olek

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Les is in the Advertiser seemingly reinterpreting the Dome project. Doesn’t understand where the talk of a ‘training dome’ amongst hamilton supporters has come from. There is no need for a training dome, plenty of facilities nearby. “Were not spending any money on a dome”. The covered area was all to do with our community and charity work, which we may still look at, but it isn’t a football issue.

The original story was in the Evening Times last year and I quote:

The project will see a 500-seat arena erected behind the goal to the right of the main stand and could lead to the club hosting boxing bouts and concerts.

The canvas-roofed dome will be at the heart of Hamilton's interaction with the local community and chairman Les Gray said: "There will not be anything like it in Scotland.

"It will be a substantial investment. We have got the plans drawn and we are applying for various support and grants. We don't have a final price yet.

"It is an indoor facility for community use and we can host boxing matches, concerts and things like that as well.

"This project will benefit the community and make the club the focal point of the community."

Ok no mention of it being used for training and the 7 a side pitch where I assume its going is now being resurfaced with the current main pitch surface so if there is to be a dome then it still aint happening soon. A fall out between Ronnie and Les and the chuckle Brothers? Whatever plenty of cash to spend on strengthening the squad and not property development :twisted:
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:18 pm

The time the club was sky high in jan les was shouting about the dome being called the Hendry done as SH was a 2 million man and it would be to bring up the next young SH in cold weather.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Les has clarified that its not for training or football development but essentially an entertainment centre so will someone explain to me how spending 1.5 million (Ronnie’s figure in a BBC interview) equates with youth development which is the only way forward.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:03 pm

I smell shite or something else roten.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:43 am

Alfie Olek wrote:Les is in the Advertiser seemingly reinterpreting the Dome project. Doesn’t understand where the talk of a ‘training dome’ amongst hamilton supporters has come from. There is no need for a training dome, plenty of facilities nearby. “Were not spending any money on a dome”. The covered area was all to do with our community and charity work, which we may still look at, but it isn’t a football issue.

The original story was in the Evening Times last year and I quote:

The project will see a 500-seat arena erected behind the goal to the right of the main stand and could lead to the club hosting boxing bouts and concerts.

The canvas-roofed dome will be at the heart of Hamilton's interaction with the local community and chairman Les Gray said: "There will not be anything like it in Scotland.

"It will be a substantial investment. We have got the plans drawn and we are applying for various support and grants. We don't have a final price yet.

"It is an indoor facility for community use and we can host boxing matches, concerts and things like that as well.

"This project will benefit the community and make the club the focal point of the community."

Ok no mention of it being used for training and the 7 a side pitch where I assume its going is now being resurfaced with the current main pitch surface so if there is to be a dome then it still aint happening soon. A fall out between Ronnie and Les and the chuckle Brothers? Whatever plenty of cash to spend on strengthening the squad and not property development :twisted:

Just another example of bad communications and its absolutely clear where the misunderstanding came from - inside the club. I didn't see the Times piece but I did hear Ronnie on the BBC talking about it and the Stephen Hendrie transfer money and I am sure it was in terms of training infrastructure. If there are loads of training facilities locally then I am not sure there is a lack of entertainment venues for relatively rare events. The Town Hall and Motherwell Concert Hall are not used every evening and are already focal points in the community :roll: which I suppose have been realised now the idea has been dropped - the 'we may look at it again' line is window dressing I would have thought.

The club has a track record in confusing the fans with unclear statements. That said, any time there is a forum things are really clear and genuine but in-between its amateur stuff. We now have the chairman telling us Chris Turner has signed, weeks after Dumbarton told us but in the apparent absence of any official confirmation for example.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:02 am

The chairman is telling the fans about new players as he is the one singing them as canning is only a front or yes man!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby JackJarvisEsquire » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 am

Don't worry I'm sure the chairman or the owner will be along shortly to provide a valid explanation and the nodding dogs will be appeased once more.

Perhaps it's a stadium company issue as opposed to a football club issue?

Perhaps West Ham are at fault?
JackJarvisEsquire
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:53 am

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 am

Just what we need after our first season back up, the building of an entertainment facility...ahead of the dire need for quality players.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to The Accies