Congratulations to Alex and Frankie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Congratulations to Alex and Frankie

Postby djshuggg » Mon May 25, 2015 5:03 pm

What would we have achieved if he had stayed?
djshuggg
Pub League

Re: Congratulations to Alex and Frankie

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Indeed! What could any club achieve after nurturing a fantastic manager.

Another endorsement of the ethos and of how Accies have gone their business in the last 12 years.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon May 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Delighted for them. Big big well done to Alex and Frankie. Makes you proud
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Mon May 25, 2015 5:44 pm

A half decent season in the Premiership and he could get another big move. Incredible rise in such a short managerial career. Imagine the bonus he will get for that today.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby ThaiCanary » Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Impossible to say just how much I appreciate your board letting Norwich talk to Alex back in January, the guy really has got something special about him and I know holding on to him could be difficult should he do well in the PL next season.

On the other side of the coin, I am really sorry to see just how far Accies fell following his departure in January, which really does underline how good a manager he is. I hope next season gets better for you though I suspect it could be another season of trying to survive.
ThaiCanary
Pub League

Postby Chase Outlaw » Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Norwich all that is wrong with modern football in a small package.Alex will move on shortly one way or another good luck to him.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Sky sports summed up what a massive achievement this was and transformation in Alex Neil's life.

" This young Man started the session in front of 700 fans against Arbroath now he has just won in front of 75 thousand and taken Norwich to the EPL"

Alex Neil take a bow son
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon May 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Further congratulations to Alex and Frankie... Overnight Millionaires???? Should be on a massive bonus payment as should Accies, and no real excuses for us not signing a quality striker for next season, as I can't imagine there was nothing in the severance of their contracts which did not give us a substantial kick-back here.

Sorry. Lots of double negatives,,, but you know what I mean :P :P
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Norwich all that is wrong with modern football in a small package.Alex will move on shortly one way or another good luck to him.

You have made this point over and over about Norwich. What is so different about them as opposed to Ipswich or Derby or Wolves? Big clubs who have 20,000-25,000 supporters who are trying to be the best they can be and reach the riches of the Premiership. I'm pretty cynical about modern football too but we're stuck with it, we are where we are. If he does move on that will presumably be to an even bigger club, will they be all that is right with modern football? I would put Norwich well below the behemoths of Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich, etc. clubs far more suitable for a moan about modern football than what seems to me to be a decent, fan friendly club, owned by a genuine fan, who has stuck by her club through thick and thin. However I'm willing to be educated on the evils of the club if you can oblige.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon May 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Well done Sir Alex and Frankie......hope you take the EPL by storm....only Scottish manager in the top league in England !!
It was good watching Norwich press from the front ..was like watching the Accies from the start of the season :)
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby RICARDO » Tue May 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Norwich fan here.

Many thanks for letting us have Sir Alex. We always do well with Scottish managers.

Hopefully you will share in our bounty with some cash and players on loan.

All the best for next season.
RICARDO
Pub League

Return to The Accies