Dilema - Motherwell or Rangers ?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Dilema - Motherwell or Rangers ?

Postby hamilton1 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:45 pm

I would rather motherwell go down. Lets be honest if rangers dont go up this season they will restructure the league in some way to allow them to come up. (Which may not be a bad thing as restructuring could be a positive move) it is inevitable that rangers will come up eventually. However if motherwell go down who knows how long they will stay down for.. which would be most enjoyable
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Mon May 25, 2015 9:40 pm

No dilemma for me Motherwell all the way. Can't stand the poison of the bigot brothers. Far outweighs any dislike of our neighbours.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Mon May 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Rangers will go up one way or another this season (league reconstruction anyone ?).....however don't kid yourself that Motherwell will be as bad next season as the were this season .....if they manage to stay up .
They have money to spend and will back whoever the manager is with plenty of new signings
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 25, 2015 11:46 pm

That Motherwell game we scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.Memory a tad hazy,I was 10 years old,but I'm sure we had Bobby Graham,Mick McManus(both ex Well)and a young Jamie Fairlie playing?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:That Motherwell game we scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.Memory a tad hazy,I was 10 years old,but I'm sure we had Bobby Graham,Mick McManus(both ex Well)and a young Jamie Fairlie playing?

I'm guessing that the game you remember was 3-2 to Accies in 1979 at Douglas Park. Bobby Graham played and scored that night. I think Jaimie Fairlie was playing but I don't think Mick McManus was? I'm sure that someone will be able to check the stats and confirm...
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Tue May 26, 2015 3:26 pm

3-2 game was the first derby I can remember - first time we were in the same division since reconstruction.

We were 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2 with 3 late goals - sensational atmosphere I remember - from memory Rikki Ferguson played a blinder
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby 5705 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:56 pm

I would much rather Motherwell stay up on the basis that I would much rather play them than the alternative. Derbies against our local rivals are surely to be preferred to trips to Ibrox? I also don't buy the dislike of Motherwell - we are rivals, yes, but that should be where it ends. Their supporters are just like us - they choose not to support either of the OF - good on them, I say. Oh, and 'our wee neds' versus 'their wee neds' as we have seen a couple of time this season is just laughable. Do these people not have better things to do with their time?
Pub League

Postby silverfox » Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 pm

I remember just before the Sevco debacle the Old Firm were playing on a bank holiday Sunday (think it was lunchtime).

Was meeting up with some mates at Bar West and it was about 7 pm , the door man said that they were having to shut the pub early as both sets of "fans" had been fighting "all day".Just as he said it, he had to jump back in as another fight broke out.

All pubs in the area were shut due to the same thing.All prisons within a 50 mile radius were full, with the Police having to decant old firm miscreants to Campbeltown.

Anyone noted how peaceful it has been the last few years without the public disorder caused by the Old Firm...................Motherwell to stay up
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed May 27, 2015 1:45 am

after pumping well 4 and 5 nil its old hat now, bring on the rangers we have not beat them in 28 year its time that was corrected. still ragin at that ref giving that penalty against stuart Elliot :evil:
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Dr Slippy » Wed May 27, 2015 5:33 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:That Motherwell game we scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.Memory a tad hazy,I was 10 years old,but I'm sure we had Bobby Graham,Mick McManus(both ex Well)and a young Jamie Fairlie playing?

From memory Bobby Graham and Jamie Fairlie scored & Dennis MCQuade scored a great winner a couple of mins from FT. I also seem to remember Rikki Ferguson tipping a 30yd pass back from Jim Frew onto the post in injury time. One of my top 10 best ever Accies matches.

1. Easter Rd 2014
2. Ibrox 1987
3. Celtic Park 2014
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby AlMac » Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 pm

AlMac wrote:

I'm guessing that the game you remember was 3-2 to Accies in 1979 at Douglas Park. Bobby Graham played and scored that night. I think Jaimie Fairlie was playing but I don't think Mick McManus was? I'm sure that someone will be able to check the stats and confirm...

1979/80 11-Sep-1979
R.Ferguson, J.Frew, B.Wright, G.McDowall, A.McDougall, E.Alexander, J.Fairlie, B.Graham, J.Deeney, D.McCulloch, J.McGrogan
Subs: N.Howie, D.McQuade
Scorers: Graham, McQuade, Howie
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Park Materson » Wed May 27, 2015 11:20 pm

F.T.W.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Working for Cunard » Thu May 28, 2015 11:38 am

F.P.M.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 28, 2015 11:48 am

:lol:
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu May 28, 2015 12:39 pm

5705 wrote:I would much rather Motherwell stay up on the basis that I would much rather play them than the alternative. Derbies against our local rivals are surely to be preferred to trips to Ibrox? I also don't buy the dislike of Motherwell - we are rivals, yes, but that should be where it ends. Their supporters are just like us - they choose not to support either of the OF - good on them, I say. Oh, and 'our wee neds' versus 'their wee neds' as we have seen a couple of time this season is just laughable. Do these people not have better things to do with their time?

hahaha f**k off ya sweety rustler.

FTW

Come on The Rangers!
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu May 28, 2015 12:43 pm

All of us 'wee neds' follow the team home and away, we choose to support accies not the OF. Amazing that some 'fans' STILL try and criticise us even know without section A Accies home games would be embarrassing.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Thu May 28, 2015 2:58 pm

W.F.C.F.B.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Working for Cunard » Thu May 28, 2015 5:40 pm

How do you know I'm fat? Is the webcam on my laptop compromised?
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Thu May 28, 2015 6:01 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:
5705 wrote:I would much rather Motherwell stay up on the basis that I would much rather play them than the alternative. Derbies against our local rivals are surely to be preferred to trips to Ibrox? I also don't buy the dislike of Motherwell - we are rivals, yes, but that should be where it ends. Their supporters are just like us - they choose not to support either of the OF - good on them, I say. Oh, and 'our wee neds' versus 'their wee neds' as we have seen a couple of time this season is just laughable. Do these people not have better things to do with their time?

hahaha f**k off ya sweety rustler.

FTW

Come on The Rangers!

Agree with you mate ...........FTW.
Although I could never say the second part of your post ..........
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Chase Outlaw » Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Very pleasing so far (0-3)
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies