Dilema - Motherwell or Rangers ?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Dilema - Motherwell or Rangers ?

Postby AmanAccie » Fri May 29, 2015 12:38 am

Rangers to score 2 goals at Fir Park and win on penalties. Lanarkshires No.2 team to shite it and get relegated.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri May 29, 2015 4:16 pm

Well, I called that correctly, eh? :oops: Given Motherwell's awful away record and even awful-er record at Ibrox and Rangers raising their game lately, I couldn't see that result coming. But really enjoyed that, even though I started watching saying I didn't care what happened. Boy, was I wrong! Hate that mob more than Celtic or Motherwell and their misery gives me great joy. Not over yet of course but surely Well will score again at some point and that should do it.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Colombian Boffin » Sat May 30, 2015 9:45 am

It's a no brainer for me. When I hear Rangers fans singing their sectarian and politically motivated bile, it makes me sick. The rivalry between Accies and Well is about football and local bragging rights only. I have several friends who are Motherwell fans, as most of us have. I can have some fun/misery over the football, but that's where it ends. I have so many problems with so many of the issues around Rangers, that I can't view them as "only" a football team, although I try my best when I speak to the decent Rangers fans I know.

Give me Accies v Well over Accies v Rangers any day.
Last edited by Colombian Boffin on Sat May 30, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby cdisaaccie » Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 am

Colombian Boffin wrote:It's a no brainier for me. When I hear Rangers fans singing their sectarian and politically motivated bile, it makes me sick. The rivalry between Accies and Well is about football and local bragging rights only. I have several friends who are Motherwell fans, as most of us have. I can have some fun/misery over the football, but that's where it ends. I have so many problems with so many of the issues around Rangers, that I can't view them as "only" a football team, although I try my best when I speak to the decent Rangers fans I know.

^^^This
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby yuggyboy » Sun May 31, 2015 6:52 pm

Strangely enough I am content with that result - bit disapointed with the melee at the end though - never good to see that!
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:17 am

Never thought I'd be overjoyed with a Motherwell victory. Sevco :lol:
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:35 pm

The "New Rangers" support appear to have forgotten that their team had to qualify on merit to be promoted. Whilst the Well had a poor season, they convincingly showed that the 'superior wee arra peapil' team was significantly well below what was required of an SPFL team. No 'we wus robbed' either.

Still think that we can take more points off Well next season, than a Servco team (and fans) fed with inflated wages (and egos). :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby View From Afar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Colombian Boffin wrote:It's a no brainer for me. When I hear Rangers fans singing their sectarian and politically motivated bile, it makes me sick. The rivalry between Accies and Well is about football and local bragging rights only. I have several friends who are Motherwell fans, as most of us have. I can have some fun/misery over the football, but that's where it ends. I have so many problems with so many of the issues around Rangers, that I can't view them as "only" a football team, although I try my best when I speak to the decent Rangers fans I know.

Completely agree with this! If The Rangers struggle to get promoted next season too (as well they might), I wouldn't be surprised to see league reconstruction on the cards again.

However, I wonder what odds are available just now on an Accies v Rangers play-off final next season??? I'd happily accept 11th place next year if we beat Rangers in the final! :lol:
View From Afar
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:51 pm

What gets me is folk in football saying that the top league needs more quality as if Rangers, just by their very name, will provide it. The team is cack and a huge rebuilding job is unlikely to see them win the league next season either. A top league of 16 would be very welcome by me but not to accommodate one team (and any ludicrous two splitting into three leagues would see many just give up on Scottish football). If they cannot live within their means and get promotion on merit, then big deal. Delighted that Motherwell stuffed them convincingly. Anyone seen the clip on youtube of the Rangers fans leaving the main stand and trying to get at the celebrating Motherwell fans? One of them clearly spits towards them. Utter vermin, and for all that Well fans are no saints, they are far more welcome at NDP than lowlife like that.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies