Ali Crawford

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ali Crawford

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Outstanding goal yesterday, outstanding all season and a great goal return over the season. People are now moaning about possibly losing him rather than just moaning at him, as has been a habit of the last few years.

Always had a soft spot for him and really pleased to see him continue to excel.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Ali Crawford

Postby saturdaysanny » Sun May 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Totally agree, I actually voted for Ali as my player of the year. The most creative player at the club and now that he has added goals to his game, no doubt bigger clubs will be looking at him.

Trying to think if we have had a better attacking midfield player over the years and the only one I can think of was Jamie Fairlie back in the seventies. Memory bit be a bit fuzzy but I think Jamie was better at running at defences but Ali a better passer of the ball.
saturdaysanny
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:11 pm

I voted for McGovern but Crawford's been brilliant. His development in a year is just incredible as he was nowhere near (yet not as bad as people made out) the player he is today. He can be a tad inconsistent but without him we'd be a much worse team. Hope he sticks around for a bit as I don't think he's ready to make a step up but if he carries on what he's doing next season he won't be here for long.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun May 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Ali has been outstanding this season, 11 goals, or if you're from The Sun, just 7! :lol:

Contracted till 2018 so we hold the cards should anyone come in for him. I'd be looking for £500k up front with add ons.

Think I was a bit harsh on him yesterday, watching again on Alba, although I think they left out some of his slack passing, he looked fantastic. Possibly his best Accies goal too.

Incidentally, I am almost positive he has grown in height since he was 21. I remember walking behind him in the stand around that time and at about 5ft 8 and a half, I was definitely taller than him. Now I'm sure he's taller than me.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun May 24, 2015 8:57 pm

My player of the year.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 am

It's been a good season for him which has hopefully helped to silence his critics. He looks to have stepped up his game since we won promotion. Even his corners have improved.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Working for Cunard » Tue May 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Please ask the players not to pull his hair back in goal celebrations. One of the pics from the St Mirren game makes him look like he's had chemo.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies