Season ticket prices 2015/16

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Season ticket prices 2015/16

Postby RyanT » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:15 am

Some basic math:

19 home matches in a season
£22 gate * 19 matches = £418

Consider that the club occasionally lower entry prices for matches against Ross County or ICT, so if they were to drop the price for 2 of those matches to £10...

£418 - £24 (£10 saves £12, x2) = £394

So IF you attend every single match, you would save £44 by buying a season ticket. If you miss 2 matches, you break even, if you miss more than 2 matches, it would be cheaper to just pay at the gate.

This isn't a good offer... I think the club are failing to understand the purpose behind selling season tickets. Isn't the point of offering season tickets to get a lump sum, and thus guaranteed income, from your support? This is preferable to having to rely on fluctuating attendance and income due to conditions - such as weather, form, etc.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby Joemcc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:05 am

Unfortunately the clubs maths will work like this if previous seasons are anything to go by -

ST £350 for 19 games for 4 people = £4.61 per game

So they will say it is a great deal (which it is if you have 3 u18s to take up those free tickets).

I'd have suggested a better option would have been to go with £250 for adult ticket and £50 for each u18. This would be a reduction of £60 for a single adult and £10 for someone with only 1 u18. Anyone who previously got 2 free u18s would pay £350 but I think that is still a good deal for 3 tickets.

Anyway - why are we debating it - when did logic and Accies commercial dept ever go together in the same sentence ?
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 am

Pretty disappointed with the ticket prices. I along with many others don't have kids, so this incentive doesn't provide value to me.
Aberdeen, who finished second have tickets starting just over £200 for an adult.

Just to put things in perspective, ICT who finished 3rd, qualified for europe and won the cup. They're offering THIS
"An Adult Ticket starts from £280, Seniors and 16-25yrs Tickets from £170 and Junior Tickets from £80 when bought during the early bird period which ends on Saturday 13th June. After this period, all existing season ticket holders seats will be released on general sale.

The club continues efforts to encourage more families along to the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium with a package of 1 adult and 2 kids in the Main Stand uncovered for as little as £200 and Under 12’s will go FREE for the entire season wherever they sit in the North Stand.

Children under the age of 12 will also receive free membership into a new re-branded ICTFC Kids Club which will be launched later in the summer"

This is the clubs first rise in ST price in 5 years and will be invalid if you get the early bird one. Much better structure imo.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Playing devil's advocate, are some of those prices listed by shotts not for stands behind the goals? We do get a great view, even from the front rows. Still very disappointed in the prices though. Any word on when they go on sale? I'd rather not check out the official site as I keep getting a screen freeze.

15th June...............

.............not great (and I have 2 kids).

Agree with most that it should be on a sliding scale................why is it other clubs can nail it and give folk a chance but we continually make a pig's ear of it!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Judging by on here and other forums,we will see a big drop in Season Books sold.

The Commercial Department have had a few cock ups over the years.This and the current kerfuffle over the choice of kitmaker seem to add to it.Perhaps,it's time the likes of Les or Ronnie took control of this shambles.

Not too late for these stupid prices to be changed.No incentive for any adults with less than 3 kids to purchase.When you add in the confusion at all ticket games,it will be exacerbated with 3 kids.

What I see here is a club who on the back of one of our most successful seasons ever are chasing people away rather than growing the support.Only Accies could instantaneously halve Season Book sales on the back of a goodish season.

We did this the first season in The SPL.Once again,they have not learned from this and are repeating the same mistakes we made then pricing people away from the game.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:10 pm

And this Gold Ticket. What does it involve exactly? Where are the details? Honestly, this is shambolic. At least the date is now up.

Had a ST. Won't be renewing. Missed two home games last season and personal circumstances mean that is more than likely again. Not worth it.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Judging by on here and other forums,we will see a big drop in Season Books sold

I’m not sure if we will Ye Old hamiltonian. The last figure I saw for paying season ticket holders was around 700. I think most people who go to see accies at home regularly will pay up and the commercial dept is banking on that. We were the last club to put out details of next years’ season tickets, apart from Motherwell for obvious reasons. That means the Commercial Dept has had ample opportunity to take into account other clubs pricing structure and marketing offers and pick and mix. there is no evidence they have. For example for £345 for a standard season ticket, Saint johnstone fans get home league cup games included and for another £15 home scottish cup ties. Thats a lottery I know but last year we had 3 home league cup ties (at reduced price I acknowledge) but that would have saved home fans a few bob. Hearts fans can pay off their season ticket interest free over 4 months or by monthly direct debit over the season although with interest. Dundee United fans can sort theirs out on line. etc etc. Our ticket comes with 10% off at a number of commercial venues (not our own corporate hospitality naturally) but that had to organised by a fan and thats it really in terms of benefits to the individual unless ur a parent with qualifying kids. They really don’t care that much about the fans as evidenced in the shop, lack of on line shop, corporate hospitality, season tickets, paying by card. Take it or leave :oops:
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Quote; Can I get a further reduction on my concession season for pointing out the glaring spelling mistake on the Club's Official Web Site??

Consession, Consession??????

Has nobody at the Stadium a spellchecker??
Unquote

Well I see that spelling on the main advert of the Club's website has now been changed to the correct spelling. That indicates that someone in authority must be reading the messages on the forum.

It's probably too much to ask that the powers that be, take into consideration all the posts regarding the fact that we are the second dearest in the SPFL for next season and do something positive before it is too late. Many of us for one reason or another can't make every game, but a hike of £40 in the full ticket is excessive regardless of free child tickets.

They don't half make it difficult for themselves..........BUT not too late to see common sense before the applications for season tickets are sent out by email.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Probably good intentions but the balance between adult and is just a bit off. We can develop fans of the future all we like but when you get to 18 you are faced with a jump from £50 to £350 and these are likely to be the people who won't be in the market for taking kids with them!

We have tried deals to get new fans in but you also need to look after the existing ones as well.

Without knowing the finances its hard to make a real judgement but £300 (or maybe those with marketing 'know how' would say £299) with 2 free u18s would have been widely welcomed. That would allow us to push out with a 'dad and 2 kids for under 300 quid a season' and the adults with no kids would not have complained one bit.

The comms with fans has and continues to be, just about as poor as it can be. The commercial department is set up purely to cater for business and perhaps it does a good job there; but without too much effort it could do some basic stuff right for the wider fan base. The fact that this evades them time and time again can only be done to wilful disinterest. The balance is that the club does do some great one off deals, but the regulars are neglected a wee bit.

I will buy my ticket and the new strip, despite the efforts of the commercial department, absolutely not because of it.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Probably good intentions but the balance between adult and is just a bit off. We can develop fans of the future all we like but when you get to 18 you are faced with a jump from £50 to £350 and these are likely to be the people who won't be in the market for taking kids with them!

We have tried deals to get new fans in but you also need to look after the existing ones as well.

Without knowing the finances its hard to make a real judgement but £300 (or maybe those with marketing 'know how' would say £299) with 2 free u18s would have been widely welcomed. That would allow us to push out with a 'dad and 2 kids for under 300 quid a season' and the adults with no kids would not have complained one bit.

The comms with fans has and continues to be, just about as poor as it can be. The commercial department is set up purely to cater for business and perhaps it does a good job there; but without too much effort it could do some basic stuff right for the wider fan base. The fact that this evades them time and time again can only be done to wilful disinterest. The balance is that the club does do some great one off deals, but the regulars are neglected a wee bit.

I will buy my ticket and the new strip, despite the efforts of the commercial department, absolutely not because of it.

But Hay it was the best league finish ever!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:17 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Probably good intentions but the balance between adult and is just a bit off. We can develop fans of the future all we like but when you get to 18 you are faced with a jump from £50 to £350 and these are likely to be the people who won't be in the market for taking kids with them!

But Hay it was the best league finish ever!

Not quite ever, but close ;)

But hay the prices only impact on folk that are thinking about going to support the team.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:24 pm

That would allow us to push out with a 'dad and 2 kids for under 300

Yellow card for you :oops: Parent and kids for under 300 to be polically correct.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:

Yellow card for you :oops: Parent and kids for under 300 to be polically correct.

Or Guardian? Or Carer ? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:02 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Alfie Olek wrote:

Or Guardian? Or Carer ? :D

Or Named Person....?
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:20 am

For all the good things the club do, they seem to not want to embrace modern technology. The fact you can't use a debit/credit card to pay for ANYTHING at the club shop including your ST or kit, is inconvenient at times. Add to that, you can't order any form of merchandise online and the club are missing out on extra income.
I can understand wanting a family environment at the stadium, however why not have the under 18s tickets as OPTIONAL extras to purchase instead of part of the package.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:26 am

Have the people buying these relatively very expensive tickets still to lower their expectations and get a grip on reality?

As for not being able to take card payments - you could get a paypal card reader for £50 a few months back - there really is no excuse for that.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:28 am

judgeflash wrote:

For all the good things the club do, they seem to not want to embrace modern technology. The fact you can't use a debit/credit card to pay for ANYTHING at the club shop including your ST or kit, is inconvenient at times. Add to that, you can't order any form of merchandise online and the club are missing out on extra income.
I can understand wanting a family environment at the stadium, however why not have the under 18s tickets as OPTIONAL extras to purchase instead of part of the package.

http://www.wearehamilton.co.uk

A well run website that done POTY & YPOTY and sells its own merchandise. IF we could come to some agreement with the club I am sure we could sell the jerseys online, wouldn't hold my breath but.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 am

That pretty much sums it up, a fan run website is able to accept online orders and produce merchandise, before our premier league club can. Keep up the good work guys.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby shotts56 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 am

Correct.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:31 pm

Agreed, keep up the good work with the site guys. It's been covered so many times before but it really is terrible an SPL club doesn't accept card payments or have any means of buying merchandise online. Many Junior clubs put us to shame in that regard.
Red and white hoops
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies