Killie v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Killie v Accies

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:42 am

Killie on a poor run, on the brink of their largest run of defeats ever I understand and still to secure their survival; and at a ground where I don't think I have seen us win - we always seem to do better v Killie at NDP.

We fundamentally have nothing to play for but our form this year means there is plenty to fight for in terms of the manager and players. For some reason I am still up for this as I would love us to get as many points as possible to put some shine back on a memorable season and get us to our highest points total in the top tier in living memory.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Killie v Accies

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

We haven't scored against Killie this season.................heavens only knows why not............we should've beaten them in two previous matches at NDP and missed some real good chances down @ Rugby Park...................surely to goodness we can get one victory against them this season..............

2-1 Accies :D

Scotland to start, please, with Brophy coming on later................or vice versa!

Devlin and Lucas to start too, please................
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:01 am

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:We haven't scored against Killie this season.................heavens only knows why not............we should've beaten them in two previous matches at NDP and missed some real good chances down @ Rugby Park...................surely to goodness we can get one victory against them this season..............

Scotland to start, please, with Brophy coming on later................or vice versa!

You just reminded me of Dazza's headed miss from 3 yards in the second half right in front of the away fans:(
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri May 01, 2015 12:35 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Killie on a poor run, on the brink of their largest run of defeats ever I understand and still to secure their survival; and at a ground where I don't think I have seen us win - we always seem to do better v Killie at NDP.

We fundamentally have nothing to play for but our form this year means there is plenty to fight for in terms of the manager and players. For some reason I am still up for this as I would love us to get as many points as possible to put some shine back on a memorable season and get us to our highest points total in the top tier in living memory.

Really? I think, with the exception of Cappielow, I've seen more Accies wins at Rugby Park than anywhere else, going back to 1984/5. We had two good wins there in recent SPL seasons, including a famous McArthur masterclass. I think the players are also up for this and I can see a second win in a row.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby simonswimmer » Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Looking forward to this, having missed last couple of games. It's a crucial game in terms of confidence for manager and team. Would love to exorcise the demons of the last rugby park visit.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby simonswimmer » Fri May 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:We haven't scored against Killie this season.................heavens only knows why not............we should've beaten them in two previous matches at NDP and missed some real good chances down @ Rugby Park...................surely to goodness we can get one victory against them this season..............

Would love to see brophy start with Jason replacing him around the 65 minute mark. Think Jason can be far more effective against tired defenders.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Not sure where we will be accommodated tomorrow. Accies site says main stand, Killie site says Chadwick stand - its also not that clear if kids can pay at the gate as their site it says no cash for U16s but then has cash gate for parent and child?

http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Article?id=2158&ShowCat=

It also says away fans can take advantage of the U12s free but the website doesn't allow it !
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby hamilton1 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:05 pm

YASS! good result! shame motherwell never lost as the weekend would have been better. Bring on Partick and lets make it 3/3.
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 02, 2015 6:41 pm

A great 3 points, not much in it but some, fight, effort and decent touches from us. I thought McGovern could have come for the corner at their goal but he more than made for that with another couple of great stops and general good play.

Longridge and MacDonald had decent games; Louis might not have the skill of Redmond but he gives 100%, has pace and gives options at both ends of the pitch; and is capable of 90 minutes. Gills made some errors but looks comfortable enough in the holding role; Ali and Dazza didn't shine throughout but matched their opponents.

Jason got his goal, and could have done far better when Longridge teed him up for another, but his overall contribution is woeful and watching limping around after half time was embarrassing - he knows how he should play and moans when others don't give him the right balls but when they do his body cant deliver. Nigel is far from perfect but at least he works their defenders, and we need to see if Brophy can do likewise

I suspect Killie might have some players on the kind of wages that some would describe as 'sensible investment' - but it doesn't always deliver the benefit the club is after.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat May 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Positives 3 good goals. I know Nigel bumped the ball over the line but good lead up play. We came back from being a goal behind and we held out despite Killie pressing us after their second. Lyon is improving. A good overall team performance. Negatives - Daz got involved needlessly and earned a yellow and once again seemed to mouth off at the referee at every opportunity and we need a striker with shelf life.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:29 pm

In general I agree re Mackinnon's lack of discipline but for me there were several Killie players who got involved before he did and who upped the anti on the incident, their keeper got involved from nowhere and Pascalli was right up for it as well. I thought he was unlucky to get booked, particularly when the player who blatantly pulled him back as he ran into the box in the second half was not even spoken to. Whilst it was a daft booking as it came so late but in the team we have we do need someone to stand up physically to teams and that includes getting involved in confrontations where required.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat May 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Muted response to what was a great win. Any away win in this league is worthy of praise. Delighted to see us score 3 goals and play within ourselves to win. Well done all concerned and in particular the management team.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Sun May 03, 2015 2:09 am

Really enjoyed the game today. Flashes of Alex Neil era performances. Confidence appears to be returning. Louis longridge man of the match I reckon, best I've ever seen him. Gillespie didn't have a great time, and Darren Lyon looked pretty uncomfortable at right back. Would have thought Gillespie at right back and Lyon in midfield would have made more sense.

Looking forward to seeing the rammy at the end again in the highlights
simonswimmer
Pub League

Return to The Accies