Hamilton to get best Norwich youngsters

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Hamilton to get best Norwich youngsters

Postby anthony » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 pm

anthony
Pub League

Re: Hamilton to get best Norwich youngsters

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:11 am

A slap in the face for our own kids.No thanks.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:50 am

If we get 1or 2 players that can go straight into the 1st team and provide some quality then I don't see that as anything other than positive. They would have to be a higher calibre player than we have at the moment though. Perhaps Norwich have got better youth players than us considering the Championship in England is seen as better than the Scottish premiership.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:06 am

A previous loan signing wasn't too shabby. Stevie May!
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 am

AmanAccie wrote:If we get 1or 2 players that can go straight into the 1st team and provide some quality then I don't see that as anything other than positive. They would have to be a higher calibre player than we have at the moment though. Perhaps Norwich have got better youth players than us considering the Championship in England is seen as better than the Scottish premiership.

As long as it's not the cause of detriment to our own youths who're maybe ready for the step up to the 1st team next season then I agree it can only be a positive move for us, especially if we're adding some quality to our squad depth for hee-haw.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:01 pm

I think Norwich won the FA Youth Cup last season and currently 4/5 of that squad were loaned out to various league 1/2 clubs in England during the January window. Les is on record as saying that he and Martin agreed they need 3/4 ‘experienced ‘ players and I expect to see that pledge fulfilled irrespective of whether we get a few prospects from Norwich. We were happy with longridge and redmond from Wigan as loans and Stevie May as others have said, so I would be happy if they are good enough not just to develop but to strengthen the squad for next year. The league is going to be considerably tougher and if we don’t strengthen we will be toast and thats aside from whether martin develops as a manager.
Alfie Olek

Postby hamilton1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:01 pm

I think its a good idea. Past loans have been a success with May, Redmond and routledge. Were needing to bring players in anyways, so if norwich are able to give us players that can have an impact on the first team then i am all for it. Its better than signing randomers on 1 year deals for us never to see them again anyway. At least Neil will know which players will be good enough and which players wont cut it in the Scottish Premiership. Hopefully they have a strong pacey striker in their ranks... and Andreu would be nice too.. :D :D :D
hamilton1
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Conor McGrandles I would have thought and maybe Tony Andreu if they get promoted?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:25 am

^^^^^This Would be a good deal^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 pm

So Neil sends his young team up the road for a bit of cut and thrust in the daddy spfl, keeps the ones who can do a job, and lumbers us with the wage bill for those that are nothing more than potential journeymen like routledge was at Wigan.
until the club demonstrates they have ambition to be a top flight regular club, who, other than journeymen, would want to play at Hamilton - another season, another wage.
Accies won't attract quality, they will attract journeymen who are looking for a shirt from season to season.
Crawford etc are home grown, brophy a potentially great talent. If there is to be a dome, get it used to the max. Norwich youngsters? Nothing but magpies, No thanks.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:46 pm

Diddy spfl - curse this predictive text!!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Whiskeytown » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Journeymen is the wrong term, BJS. David Clarkson is a journeyman. Clearly it is going to be younger players who will be coming up here to gain first team experience at a good level. Players like Jacob Murphy, who has been on loan to Blackpool and League One sides this season.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Fri May 01, 2015 11:13 pm

I said potential journeymen. Rutledge I think, can now be described as a journeyman professional. Professionals who competently ply their trade, but will be no more than competent. Norwich youngsters have no more entitlement to a shot at the 'big time' than our own youngsters. Arguably, youngsters would get a better taste of competitive football in the championship, playing QoS etc.
they will come and go, but where is the loyalty, where is the dig - it's just another strip, another step on their own career. Me? I would want to watch players playing for the jersey. Imrie, McLaughlin, and when they were here, McCarthy, MacArthur and Easton. They all gave 100% for the jersey, because the owed it to the club for giving them the chance. Imrie was at Clyde. I was at the game at NDP when Ross McCabe was injured. Imrie got serious pelters, but is now accepted as an Accies stalwart.
The point is, why should a load of young imported guys be given a chance of gaining vital experience over our own youth product? They will have no intention of plying their trade in the spfl unless they have nowhere else to go - routledge, hasselbaink being cases in point. Journeymen.
We should be able to do better, and it is a disgrace that brophy is not provided with a chance to demonstrate his ability.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Return to The Accies