New Signings

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: New Signings

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 16, 2015 6:34 pm

PS Only 1 player has scored more than 15 goals in the league in Scotland this season. Only one and yet this what folk are expecting us to magic up within our working parameters ?

None of us know football finances and we all speculate re crowd values and transfer income - but for me here is a list of players who will/may be getting the kind of money that apparently is the only way to take us forward - please add in any I have missed:

McManus, Lasley, McDonald, Pearson, Hammell, Ainsworth, Vigurs
Kello, Thomson, Dayton, Tesselaar, Wylde, Gow
McLean, Quinn, Boyce, Vita, Brittain, Carey, Gardyne
Pascalli, Eremenko, Hamill, Miller, Magennis
Stevenson, Higginbottom, Taylor

The thing they have in common is that they all play for teams below us. So we can all agree that quality is needed where we can afford it. But please don't paint it as an absolute route or indeed the only route to success.

We could go through the same kind of process of identifying clubs/boards and managers who have shown whatever 'ambition' is - we could do it in Scotland or across football, and time after time clubs have allowed ambition to relegate and liquidate themselves, or just under perform if they were lucky. Motherwell in Scotland and Hull in England spring to mind this season of teams you could never accuse of lacking ambition.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Martin and Beuzelin were at the Alloa/Forfar play off game last night according to the twitter feed. I wonder who we were watching. That Darren Dodds looks like a good signing ;)
Alfie Olek

Postby accies1874 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Martin and Beuzelin were at the Alloa/Forfar play off game last night according to the twitter feed. I wonder who we were watching. That Darren Dodds looks like a good signing ;)

Hope it's Chopra
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon May 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Hope it's Chopra

Two players for the price of one :lol: I like ur thinking.
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Spence? Would he be worth a shot? Has scored a few this year for Alloa
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Park Materson » Mon May 18, 2015 8:22 pm

You surely can't be serious?
Greg Spence?
Lol.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Alloa central defender Ben Gordon and right winger Kevin Cawley are 2 good players at that level....Chopra,past his best.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Not sure if that was directed at me, YOH, but I was only kidding about Chopra lol. Gordon's pretty good but we've got enough CBs that are good enough, in my opinion. Lucas looks great, Devlin is always improving and despite some slip-ups, Jesus is good too. Canning is competent too.
At least 1 striker is needed and a new full-back as Lyon and MacDonald aren't the finished article and we can't rely on Ziggy as he's been below his best since Neil left and may not be here next season. Turner is signing so it looks like he'll partner Gills in the holding role but he doesn't seem to be able to fill the Neil role. We were rumoured with Mark Millar last season who I think would've been good but I'm not sure how he's done this season.
I remember hearing Jim McAllister was out of contract for Dundee. Not sure if that's true but - despite being a different kind of player from Neil - could do a job.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:54 am

Christian Nade rumoured to be training with us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue May 19, 2015 12:38 pm

If that's the standard of player we're looking at towards next season I fear the worst. A very average championship player at best in my opinion.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue May 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Link to story in the Courier confirming he is training with us. I take it Bale wasn’t available :oops:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-1.876386
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Dundee keep making good signings. Kevin Holt the QoS left back being the latest. If I could have picked one Queens player it would have been him. Good bet for the handicap next season. As for Alloa, their best men seem to be Gordon and Meggat and the latter is also Dens bound. As good as Gordon is, we seem well off for centre backs. Danny Denholm looked decent for Forfar.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Tue May 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Link to story in the Courier confirming he is training with us. I take it Bale wasn’t available :oops:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-1.876386

Going on his stats he is the type of player we will bring in.

Totally underwhelming goal return

Dundee

(3)

2014–

Raith Rovers

(6)
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue May 19, 2015 2:24 pm

If I remember correctly Ronnie/les said we wouldn’t be signing old pros looking for a last pay day!!!
Alfie Olek

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Depressing what we are seeing.Questions will be asked as to where all the money is going.If they think folk will buy or renew season books on the backs of the signings so far,they will have a big shock.One step forward,2 steps back it seems.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue May 19, 2015 6:27 pm

THis has to be a wind-up?

Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2006 Troyes AC 51 (7)
2005 → Le Havre (loan) 17 (1)
2006–2007 Sheffield United 25 (3)
2007–2010 Hearts 83 (8)
2010 Alki Larnaca 10 (1)
2011–2013 Samut Songkhram
2013 PTT Rayong
2014 Dundee 13 (3)
2014– Raith Rovers 18 (6)

He will be 31 in September. His best years look to have been between six and eight seasons ago in the SPL. Why are the last four clubs not keeping him on their books?

We need someone at least TEN years younger that has the pace for what will be a much more challenging SPFL next season. Can't believe the piece in the Dundee Courier that he will be training with us in order to impress us for a contract. This goes against Ronnie's ethos of not signing old pro's for a last pay-day. If it becomes reality, it smacks of desperation.

Can we not look at Conference players in England or is the cost of the fare down too much here??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby simonswimmer » Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm

porcupine wrote:THis has to be a wind-up?

Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1999–2006 Troyes AC 51 (7)
2005 → Le Havre (loan) 17 (1)
2006–2007 Sheffield United 25 (3)
2007–2010 Hearts 83 (8)
2010 Alki Larnaca 10 (1)
2011–2013 Samut Songkhram
2013 PTT Rayong
2014 Dundee 13 (3)
2014– Raith Rovers 18 (6)

He will be 31 in September. His best years look to have been between six and eight seasons ago in the SPL. Why are the last four clubs not keeping him on their books?

We need someone at least TEN years younger that has the pace for what will be a much more challenging SPFL next season. Can't believe the piece in the Dundee Courier that he will be training with us in order to impress us for a contract. This goes against Ronnie's ethos of not signing old pro's for a last pay-day. If it becomes reality, it smacks of desperation.

Can we not look at Conference players in England or is the cost of the fare down too much here??

Don't really see the problem here! He's not signed, simply training with the team for a week. No need to fly off the handle. I get your point about his track record, and I never thought he was up to much at hearts, but maybe accies would be able to get the best out of him.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Nothing lost in having a look but we should be after better.

Some people will be happy to renew STs after the best finish in 80 years.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Personally speaking, the clubs signing policy has never been a factor in my decision to renew my season ticket. If it was i'd never have bought a season ticket!! :lol:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 am

So,we take towards £2million,spend not a penny and you think it's funny.

Enjoy sitting with 600 fellow happy clappers as no one else will be there.Won't be any atmosphere either as many of those who create an atmosphere are unhappy at the events since January.Section A has been decreasing in number every week.

Plenty folk have already stated on other forums they won't be renewing unless some decent signings are made.You only need to look at the crowds the last few months to see how decisions have disappointed folk with plenty fans voting with their feet.The worrying thing is it is folk who we can ill afford to lose-namely enthusiastic young kids and guys who have been there since the bad,bad days scunnered to see us slide backwards.

We will see what happens.Will we as some think, end up in The First with a team of journey men until we sell our next batch of kids or will we become an established SPL club like St.Johnstone or Inverness.

This summer will show where we will go the next 5-10 years.Wouldn't take much to see us as an established SPL club for years if the will is there.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies